This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Disneyland in someone else's shoes

I live in vegas, and my son and I go down at least twice a month, above that, were always in the Socal area for car shows, family, etc.......if we were to move, it would be tough for a while, but Im sure we would adjust, and trips to DLR would be limited of course......

Comment

I just found out that I might be going back to Disneyland!! (in 2014)

Do I wish right now that I was an AP? Oui.

Comment

Hmm well we are Ap's and we live about 400+ Miles away and we try to go at least once a month, lets just say that we moved to Kansas, It would probally change to every two months or even less than that because of the cost of travel and what not. If we end up moving to Huntington Beach as we plan, then Im sure we would go alot during the evening all week long, Im not sure if it would get old after a while, as of now we cant get enough of it. If I land this airline job and we can fly for free we might just go every day off.

Comment

Originally posted by TrevorD View Post
          I just found out that I might be going back to Disneyland!! (in 2014)

Do I wish right now that I was an AP? Oui.
          At least you will get to see all the "new" attractions at DCA then

I have a premium AP and live 20min away. I usually go 2-3 times a month. I also have at least 10 friends that also have AP's. I would definetly miss just calling my friends when I am bored and going to the resort for a few hours. Doing all day trips now, wears me out by the end of the night. The short last-minute trips would be one thing I would miss the most. A few times we just hung out and din't even go on a single ride. Also having a premuim pass was worth every penny just being able to go to the parks for New Years Eve. (which was also a last minute decision)
          FIRST DLR TRIP - 1981

FIRST DLP TRIP - March 1997

FIRST WDW TRIP - May/June 2006

FIRST HKDL TRIP - 2016?

FIRST TDLR TRIP - 2017?

FIRST SHDL TRIP - 2019?

Comment

i like going to the parks once/twice a year and stay for 3 or 4 days,,i see the draw to liveing there and be able to visit as much as one wants, but by going atl east once a year i get the following pluses
            1 most things (like murphy) useualy have all the bugs worked out so i am practacly guarenteed a good performance
            2 attraction useualy seem to open around may or june.. if its later then june oh well ill be back by next year and it will be still just as fresh
            3 after reading MiceChat befor i go i am well prepared for what ever is out there
            $ and lastly IMO there can be too much of a good thing..moderation is key
            "Alright you primative screwheads listen up.."BRUCE CAMPBELL

Comment

Originally posted by indyIluvu View Post
              At least you will get to see all the "new" attractions at DCA then

I have a premium AP and live 20min away. I usually go 2-3 times a month. I also have at least 10 friends that also have AP's. I would definetly miss just calling my friends when I am bored and going to the resort for a few hours. Doing all day trips now, wears me out by the end of the night. The short last-minute trips would be one thing I would miss the most. A few times we just hung out and din't even go on a single ride. Also having a premuim pass was worth every penny just being able to go to the parks for New Years Eve. (which was also a last minute decision)
              The new attractions will be old by then. :P Also sadly, that isn't happening anymore. No trips until at least 16' or 17'. Its a shame seeing as I have a valid five day pass on my dresser just waiting to expire.

Comment

Well I have experienced both quite recently.

I was born in California, but up until this last August I lived in Atlanta, GA. I was lucky if I saw a Disney Park twice a year. In August I moved to Los Angeles and since then I've been going about once a week. Changed my life.

I don't take it for granted, because recently I was on the other side.

YouTube Channel:
                DisneyParkVideos

...for any Disney Theme Park Specials, Behind the Scenes, Making Of's, Celebrations, etc. :ap:

Comment

"The other side". Well put. haha

Comment

Originally posted by saphron37 View Post
                    I live in Milwaukee and only make it to the parks a minimum of once per year (the last two years I have been very lucky with multiple trips). If I were to move to Anaheim, I would definitely grab the AP and make my way to the parks weekly. I think that it would be very exciting to not have to keep moving while in the parks - the thought of just sitting back and relaxing while there is amazing.
                    EXACTLY, dittos all the way around! I'm in Minnesota, and was last at Disneyland in July of 2006. My sister & I are going again in about 2 weeks (YAY!!!!) and am beyond excited. Yes, if I were lucky enough to be around the park frequently, I would snap up an Annual Pass & go as often as I could.
                    I feel like since we have to kind of cram our visits into (usually) one day, it feels more rushed, where I'd like to slow down and try to take everything in. This time we may be going for 2 days, so that would be far more preferable! We're not going to CA specifically for Disneyland, it's just part of the whole thing. How I would LOVE to get to work for Disney, that is a dream I love everything about the park and just cannot wait to see it again. Last night I ordered off of Amazon a book called "The Disney Encyclopedia", listing everything you could possibly want to know about the park, tracing it's history, listing all the attractions, entertainment, etc. Can't wait to get it--it'll make me even more excited!!!

Comment

^How do you think you would feel about the park if all of a sudden you could go whenever you wanted? Could you adjust to that change without the feeling changing?

Comment

I live pretty close to Anaheim and although I'm on MC all the time, I'd rather not get an AP and go everyday or even twice a month. Last year, me and some friends got our 3 day passes and by the 3rd time around, we were all disney'ed out. I know... it's blasphemy! but really for me, I enjoy visiting the park perhaps once a year or when its after a special occasion such as graduating from HS, College, getting your masters, or who knows, when you tie the knot?

It's already special for me knowing DL is there and having great memories of the place helps out as well, but I firmly believe that if you overdo something, it won't be as special anymore. I'm about to graduate from College, so the time calls for it this summer.

Comment

I'll be moving to Wisconsin come August for college, and I'm pretty bummed about not being able to experience Disneyland for a whole year. It's a pretty drastic difference to go from 15 miles away to 1,000 miles away.

On the bright side, at least Carsland isn't opening until 2011!

INTERGALACTIC WRITER FOR THE HITCHHIKER'S GUIDE TO THE GALAXY
                          HOOPY FROODS:thinkingofdisney11, DisneyIzz, A113, dmtnt55, MikeSkellington, zephr, Incrediboy, JungleCruiseFan, PerformerInWaiting, MainStreetJake, The Disneylander, littleactressann, DapperJoshua, padgerfan, SS77, DisneyLove, GummiBears_Rock, fangalicious44, animekiti4christ, *disneyprincess*, monorailorange33, Colorized, iskategoofy, stevo505, mandypandy, williamtheking, CaptainEO,Atis, firebolt413, cocoa, WendyInWonderland, ICe101, itsxxdomoxxkun, esquivel

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER!
                          ASK ME ANYTHING! :: FORMSPRING.ME
                          FOLLOW MY BLOG: <<LIFE, THE UNIVERSE, AND EVERYTHING>>

Comment

I live up in Nor Cal, so I usually visit Disneyland once or twice a year as long as I can afford the trip. If I lived closer I would most definitely become an AP because I would love to be able to visit the park anytime I could I would love to be able to just walk around in the park as a general thing and hop on a few rides if I wanted rather than being a tourist and trying to cram as much as I could do into a few days. I feel like I would be able to really look around and take everything in better too and actually be able to just enjoy the park for being the park, maybe even just sit and people watch because i would never feel like I was wasting time like I would if I was on vacation.
                            "Disneyland will never be completed. It will continue to grow as long as there is imagination left in the world."
                            Walt Disney

Thanks for everything, Walt! :gladsad:

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own. Is little, and broken, but still good. Yeah, still good."

Follow me on twitter! - pj_campbell

Comment

If we moved there we would most likely get AP's. Crowds wouldn't be such a big deal to us, since we knew we could always go back the next week. We wouldn't feel that need to see it all, and try to ride as much as we could. Because there was always next time soon. I'm sure that's how a lot of locals feel.

Comment

We visit the DLR once a year for 4 days. So our priorities are to ride things. We've gotten it to the point where we can, without a plan, ride everything once and everything we love multiple times in 3 days leaving our fourth as just a relaxing stroll day. We even get all our favorite eateries and shows in.

If we were suddenly able to go every week our priorities would shift from getting on everything in our one trip to head over for an evening, do a few rides, relax, take it slow. There would be no urgency to ride all the rides as we could just come back next week, and the next, etc.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X