This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Chat] Small World; White or Colored?

It's a Small World has one of the most distinct facades of any Disney attraction. However, besides the state side parks, the other facades have colorful facades as oppose to the original's white. So which do you prefer; a colored world or a white facade?
    I prefer the original white like we have now
    72.99%
    I prefer the colored like at the international parks
    25.55%
    Other (Answer with a comment)
    1.46%

Re: Small World; White or Colored?

White. Looks classier to my eye; the colors may seem like they should be more of a stylistic match to the interior, but in broad daylight, they just look faded.

Comment

White. It makes it look more fancy and actually a well-crafted attraction, which it really is.

Comment

I like colored better. It represents the many different cultures coming together, and I just think it just looks generally better. Also, the black marks from the train's steam seem a lot more noticeable against the bright white. With colors, it at least doesn't stand out so much.

Comment

Having it white makes it easier to project images ....
          as they do for fireworks shows, etc.
          MY SIGNATURE:
          Dear Peoplemover Fans, If you want to see a new attraction that at least mimics the 1967 Peoplemover in a future Tomorrowland remodel, you need to write to the powers-that-be, and let them know. If you don't - Then the next time Tomorrowland is remodeled, you will see a land barren of any "Peoplemover" type attraction.

Comment

Disneyland's use to be colored....actually it went through some changes over the years.

Ive seen pictures from the lat 80s-early 90s where the facade was white but the clock tower was blue and white (which i loooved)

and then in the mid to late 90s-early 2000s it was all a pink color (didnt like so much)

Comment

I definitely prefer the white for several reasons, most of which have already been stated.

But I also have fond memories of the 80s-early 90s color scheme where the backdrop was white but the clock tower was shades of pastel blue. I loved any gold, white and blue color scheme when I was a kid because it reminded me of Small World.
              Like this post? Read more like it at The Disneyland Dilettante!

Comment

Comparison:

Copyright TDRFan.com

Copyright Micechat

Comment

I prefer DL's with the white and gold accents. While the different colors look pretty, it makes everything look too cluttered.. like there's too much going on. The simple white facade makes it easier to appreciate the small details and overall design.
                  - Adventure Is Waiting -

"We're going to take you out of this world of reality for a visit to the most fantastic of all the worlds of fantasy." - Walt Disney

Comment

white is so clean/angelic/sleek.

but i'd also prefer ANY color combination as long as it isn't the abomination of the indoor facade in WDW.
                    -plagued

Comment

The white and gold - it does look cleaner and neater. It also looks better with the Christmas lights, and the Projection for the Nutcracker Suite, and Fireworks shows look better, too. Leave it more plain and simple on the outside, and it make the colors inside more magical.
                      Critter Country's a mess ev'r since the Country Bears were kicked out. Ya can't cover pooh with honey and 'spect people ta like it.
                      An Adventurers It's Time to Put the Spotlight Back on Bring Back the REAL Disney Gallery
                      Life for Me! ~ ~ ~ Melvin, Buff, and Max!!! ~~~~ Dump the Dream Suite!
                      Meese-ka Moose-ka Mice-Chatter!

Comment

I like the white scheme because at night they can make it any color they want and at the day you can see the art cleanly.
                        in an old wonerful world of color mary blair explaind that white is best because at night it can be any color that would suit it
                        I am Scary Scott,
                        Call me a turn coat, a lunatic, loup garou, or skin walker. Shape shifter, lychanthrope, A moon watcher, or just crazy.
                        I am Scary Scott, The steampunk, brony, author of Northern CA, that has just moved to Southern CA!
                        Poor? Yes. Money? Forget about it, I got none! If I had it, I wouldn't for long, I want too much stuff!
                        Disneyland for me is my absolute favorite place on earth, So I am the oddest werewolf you ever will meet.

Originally posted by sediment
                        Scary: your post is dripping something. Tastes like sarcasm.
                        Originally posted by Karalora
                        This is excellent news! There are all sorts of good changes to the park that we were promised when Hell froze over.
                        Hey, any of you like MLP Fan Fiction? (Laugh now, but It's practice for being an author some day!)
                        Anyhow, check out my profile on fimfiction.net I'm Phoenix Quill there.

Comment

White. I like the added color lighting at night. Looks great.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
                          http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
                          http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Comment

Originally posted by Tomorrowland_1967 View Post
                            Having it white makes it easier to project images ....
                            as they do for fireworks shows, etc.
                            This is my thought as well. I remember walt having the imagineers show the facade changing colors under different lights. If you went with a distinct color, you would be giving up other colors when you went to the projections. I think it's fine the way it is.

Comment

I prefer the Disney Legend Rolly Crump's original design and color scheme. I also wish they would have found a way to include Rolly's Tower of the Four Winds sculpture like they had at the World's Fair, but that is off topic.
                              Permanecer sentado por favor...

Comment

I think the more frequent bright sunshine that is present at Disneyland is part of what makes the white work so well.

Comment

I don't dislike the white, but I grew up with it being pink, so I have fond memories there.

Comment

i voted other for at night with the holiday lights! YESSSS

Comment

Small World:

White? or Colored?

Last edited by EvilQueen; 11-09-2009, 01:30 PM.
                                      "I've got the heart of a child..." - I keep it in a box, next to my bed...

Comment

I like the white. Simple and elegant.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X