Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stevie Wonder performing in front of the castle!

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Fun] Stevie Wonder performing in front of the castle!

Absolutley amazing to see a living legend perform in front of the castle! He di a Christmas song and a couple of other songs as well! I think he wanted to do more, but the handlers made him stop!
    Be controversial

Be outspoken

Be outrageous

Just don't be boring

Re: Stevie Wonder performing in front of the castle!

Wow! You're soo lucky you were able to see that! I was there last night with my sister and we saw the stage, it was beautiful. They said Selena Gomez was going to perform as well. What time did you see the performance? Man, I wish I could've gone today.

Comment

I found some video on youtube.

The 1st is video of the set up in front of the castle, before the taping:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQKvJ9joHUM"]YouTube - Disneyland Walt Disney World Christmas Special Setup[/ame]

The next video is from a distance, but does captures some of Stevie's performance
      (After the initial intro you can jump ahead to at least halfway through the video):

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MUyPyVDZR38"]YouTube - Stevie Wonder at Disneyland Nov. 8th, 2009[/ame]

People are still adding videos to youtube, here's a brief close up:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjdHAYcTEhQ"]YouTube- Stevie Wonder at Disneyland 11/8/09 taping for Christmas[/ame]
      Last edited by Aladdin; 11-08-2009, 07:14 PM. Reason: added the 3rd video
      Critter Country's a mess ev'r since the Country Bears were kicked out. Ya can't cover pooh with honey and 'spect people ta like it.
      An Adventurers It's Time to Put the Spotlight Back on Bring Back the REAL Disney Gallery
      Life for Me! ~ ~ ~ Melvin, Buff, and Max!!! ~~~~ Dump the Dream Suite!
      Meese-ka Moose-ka Mice-Chatter!

Comment

Cool video! Thanks for sharing it!

Stevie Wonder is one of the great entertainers of our time, no question about it.
        God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Comment

Yes, Stevie was awesome!!! He was supposed to go on at 1:30 but I think it started about an hour late. It was so worth the wait. I also think he wanted to do more songs but they had to start the parade. Too bad - who cares about the parade?

Comment

Today was "shoot a commercial" in DL. Made for a cramped day, but the lines for the rides were good.
            sigpic

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

Comment

Originally posted by Aladdin View Post
              I found some video on youtube.

People are still adding videos to youtube, here's a brief close up:

YouTube- Stevie Wonder at Disneyland 11/8/09 taping for Christmas
              Thanks for posting my video! I uploaded and left the house, and came back to put on here, and it was already done for me! Haha! I took more, but they aren't very good. I was holding a baby, and trying to film at the same time plus people kept walking in front of me.

One thing from today that I've been sharing is when Stevie made a joke saying "We need to hurry up, I want to see the parade" and everyone laughed.

I thought it was pretty cool to be there, and it was a nice little treat to hear a couple of his hits as well. He only had to stop once during a song, I believe his third take otherwise got it every time.
              Check out my video of Stevie Wonder at Disneyland!

And all of the rest of my videos too:
              www.youtube.com/user/TopChefRemy

Comment

BTW my video is the third one, the close up.
                Check out my video of Stevie Wonder at Disneyland!

And all of the rest of my videos too:
                www.youtube.com/user/TopChefRemy

Comment

I was at DL today, and caught some of the stuf they were taping for the special (They did a special performance by Anika Noni Rose in NOS and on the Mark Twain, with lots of dancers, and that was fun to see some of), but my sis and I didn't feel like waiting in line for Stevie (a good choice since they got WAY behind schedule today!). But I was wondering if you guys could tell me what songs he did?

I was hoping for the Christmas Parade taping today, but nope. CMs told me they thought it will be tomorrow, or possibly even Tuesday. Interesting, since I thought they usually liked to do a weekend for the crowds, but it seems like they're taping a lot more this year, and all over the park, and I think they just want to spread out the effect it has on ride closures, etc, and can't fit it all into one day. The first year I went, Josh Groan, High School Musical cast, and the Parade taping with all the young dancers were all squashed into the same day (and then Miley came the next weekend to do her own taping)!
                  "And all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by" (John Masefield)

Comment

Thanks for the close up video TopChefRemy!
                    Critter Country's a mess ev'r since the Country Bears were kicked out. Ya can't cover pooh with honey and 'spect people ta like it.
                    An Adventurers It's Time to Put the Spotlight Back on Bring Back the REAL Disney Gallery
                    Life for Me! ~ ~ ~ Melvin, Buff, and Max!!! ~~~~ Dump the Dream Suite!
                    Meese-ka Moose-ka Mice-Chatter!

Comment

I am absolutely kicking myself for not coming today. Very cool and thanks for posting.

Comment

It was such a treat to be there for the performance! Probably at the top of my list of unique experiences at Disneyland.
                        Anything listed on the park maps as an attraction is fair game for inclusion in the Rally.
                        I cannot confirm nor deny the inclusion of any attraction in the Rally.

May the Gumballs Be with You...Always.

NO GOATS!

Comment

Originally posted by mamabot View Post
                          It was such a treat to be there for the performance! Probably at the top of my list of unique experiences at Disneyland.
                          It must of been really rather unique, and exciting too. I am really hating myself for not going today, sucks I had plans or I so would of been there. Just the chance to say I got to see the greatest entertainer of our time would of been neat

ohh well : (
                          Follow me on Twitter for live updates & pictures from the park:

Comment

Awww..I went to Disneyland today but arrived at 3.. =[
                            I REALLY regret not showing up earlier..So did Selena really perform today? A CM said she wasn't sure if she performed today or if she were performing tomorrow..

Comment

Originally posted by justjohn View Post
                              Absolutley amazing to see a living legend perform in front of the castle! He di a Christmas song and a couple of other songs as well! I think he wanted to do more, but the handlers made him stop!
                              You know whats sad? He will never actually SEE the park. None of it. I find that very sad
                              Janette

Comment

I was there today and saw the taping and will maybe be in the background crowd scenes for the stuff done in NOS. Saw the two people from Dancing with the Stars, Cheryl Burke and ???. Also Anika Noni Rose. I have some great photos and videos but will have to post tomorrow sometime.

But we also met the new President of the resort George Kalogridis. Spoke with him and took photos.

AND --- met, spoke with and got photos with John Lasseter!

It was a great birthday for me today
                                sigpic

Comment

Happy birthday, Wendygirl!
                                  Your birthday must have been a very memorable one!

Comment

Did anyone get a good close up picture of the sparkly trees they had up near the castle? I didn't have a camera on me, but they were GORGEOUS! Pity they're a set piece - I wish they were part of the regular park decorations!

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

Comment

Originally posted by Morrigoon View Post
                                      Did anyone get a good close up picture of the sparkly trees they had up near the castle? I didn't have a camera on me, but they were GORGEOUS! Pity they're a set piece - I wish they were part of the regular park decorations!

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
                                      http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
                                      http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Comment

Originally posted by princessariel View Post
                                        They said Selena Gomez was going to perform as well. What time did you see the performance? Man, I wish I could've gone today.
                                        Originally posted by PaperCutter92 View Post
                                        So did Selena really perform today? A CM said she wasn't sure if she performed today or if she were performing tomorrow..
                                        Selena DID NOT perform yesterday. I heard that it was only a rumor and untrue.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X