This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Idea] A New Land

I was thinking. What if the Rivers of America Were re routed and Tom Sawyer Island was sized down so they could add a whole new land to Disneyland and a large expansion to Frontierland. This is my idea. http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/4088605178/

The black would be the new route of the river.
    The red would be the new boundaries of Frontierland.
    The Blue would be an all new land.

What are your thoughts?
    "Crowded classrooms and half-day sessions are a tragic waste of our greatest national resource - the minds of our children." -Walter Elias Disney

SEE MOM! Even Walt Disney thought school was bad!

Twitter http://twitter.com/dogtherock
    YouTube http://www.youtube.com/user/dogtherock
    Facebook http://www.facebook.com/waltdisneyscaliforniaadventure
    (Look at the URL i got for Facebook

Re: A New Land

...and what would the new land be?
    Broadway Duchess, Darling if you only knew half as much as everybody thinks you do

Comment

I don't know if it would be necessary to shorten the river by that much, but I like the idea of a new land and more park area. There is room west of the park and north of the park that is taken up by the maintenance/storage buildings or whatever they are. Those could be moved somewhere else and only a service road at the far left edge kept. They need more park area and more attractions and need to utilize every square foot of space they can. They should get started now and get the trees planted at least so they can have time to grow. The park needs at least 5 new E-ticket-level attractions and 5 new D-level at the minimum. So yes, any plan that gives more park area and more attractions already has something going for it.

Comment

Bob Weaver is amazing.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Weaver View Post
          The park needs at least 5 new E-ticket-level attractions and 5 new D-level at the minimum. So yes, any plan that gives more park area and more attractions already has something going for it.
          It does? I seem to recall the last time they tried adding a large number to attractions at once it didn't work out too well.(DCA)
          Broadway Duchess, Darling if you only knew half as much as everybody thinks you do

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Weaver View Post
            I don't know if it would be necessary to shorten the river by that much, but I like the idea of a new land and more park area. There is room west of the park and north of the park that is taken up by the maintenance/storage buildings or whatever they are. Those could be moved somewhere else and only a service road at the far left edge kept. They need more park area and more attractions and need to utilize every square foot of space they can. They should get started now and get the trees planted at least so they can have time to grow. The park needs at least 5 new E-ticket-level attractions and 5 new D-level at the minimum. So yes, any plan that gives more park area and more attractions already has something going for it.
            But I would imagine most of those buildings have a purpose that is fairly crucial. They have to store the floats, food/drinks, and merchandise somewhere. The best person to ask about this would be Datameister.
            "Crowded classrooms and half-day sessions are a tragic waste of our greatest national resource - the minds of our children." -Walter Elias Disney

SEE MOM! Even Walt Disney thought school was bad!

Twitter http://twitter.com/dogtherock
            YouTube http://www.youtube.com/user/dogtherock
            Facebook http://www.facebook.com/waltdisneyscaliforniaadventure
            (Look at the URL i got for Facebook

Comment

I seem to remember reading somewhere that one of the larger buildings backstage, just north of Fronteirland was a trash heap. Literally the Disneyland waist disposal and recycling area. Not something they want to move.
              Last edited by yensid1987; 11-08-2009, 08:08 PM. Reason: Spelling

Comment

I like this idea. I feel that Rivers of America takes of loads of space when that space could be used for more attractions. The good thing is that the train could still run through the new land, whatever the land may be. The problem is, I don't know what land they'd make without basing it off a movie somehow.

Comment

Comment

That layout would render the Mark Twain and Columbia lame attractions .. with one incredibly short ride.

The areas once marked as part of the Nature's Wonderland Mine Trains leave enough room for possibly a slightly downsized version of Tony Baxter's Discovery Bay.

Which would be great to see someday.

I think we are getting to a point in DLR history .. where we need to look to new "lands" with DCA and a third park.

There's only so much retooling engineers can work with .. in DL.
                    MY SIGNATURE:
                    Dear Peoplemover Fans, If you want to see a new attraction that at least mimics the 1967 Peoplemover in a future Tomorrowland remodel, you need to write to the powers-that-be, and let them know. If you don't - Then the next time Tomorrowland is remodeled, you will see a land barren of any "Peoplemover" type attraction.

Comment

Originally posted by Tomorrowland_1967 View Post

I think we are getting to a point in DLR history .. where we need to look to new "lands" with DCA and a third park.

There's only so much retooling engineers can work with .. in DL.
                      Time to find the theme park version of a sky scraper.

Comment

Originally posted by dmtnt55 View Post
                        Bob Weaver is amazing.
                        Agreed.

Comment

I agree it would ruin the Mark Twain and Columbia and the charm that remains of older Frontierland.

For expansion, they would be better off getting rid of the TDA buildings and parking and expand beyond the railroad tracks.
                          Critter Country's a mess ev'r since the Country Bears were kicked out. Ya can't cover pooh with honey and 'spect people ta like it.
                          An Adventurers It's Time to Put the Spotlight Back on Bring Back the REAL Disney Gallery
                          Life for Me! ~ ~ ~ Melvin, Buff, and Max!!! ~~~~ Dump the Dream Suite!
                          Meese-ka Moose-ka Mice-Chatter!

Comment

Originally posted by Aladdin View Post
                            For expansion, they would be better off getting rid of the TDA buildings and parking and expand beyond the railroad tracks.
                            I agree with two of the three, but getting rid of parking to increase park capacity is, at least in this stage, probably not the best of ideas.

Comment

Originally posted by Aladdin View Post

Well .. uhhh .. we know that will never happen. The main TDA building .. and the multi-level parking structure that sits next to it .. will be here for DECADES!

Seriously ....
                              we need to look to Park #2 and a Park #3 for any future "lands".

Unless a lot of you want to start seeing some of your beloved classics demolished in order to create space.
                              MY SIGNATURE:
                              Dear Peoplemover Fans, If you want to see a new attraction that at least mimics the 1967 Peoplemover in a future Tomorrowland remodel, you need to write to the powers-that-be, and let them know. If you don't - Then the next time Tomorrowland is remodeled, you will see a land barren of any "Peoplemover" type attraction.

Comment

That area you have fenced off is tiny in comparison. To get an idea, look at Big Thunder in the picture, you could fit 2 Big Thunders in there...
                                or maybe 1 large ride like Big Thunder and 2 smaller dark rides.
                                But then there would be no walking space.
                                That hardly qualifies as a land.
                                It would feel like the whole Rivers of America/Tom Sawyers island was scaled down to make room for a half-assed land.
                                Don't get me wrong, I would love a new land in Disneyland... but I don't know how it's really feasible.

I think a third park is in order. But the problem is, what to call it? What would the theme be?

Comment

I don't think that Disney is in the right state to create a third park in California. They need to fix DCA first.

As for the Thunder Ranch area, it could easily be extended into a new land and I think it is definitly time that those buildings north of the park are moved off of the main Disneyland Block to create more park space. The problem is though that Disneyland cannot keep growing forever. One more new land in that back area could be installed without shortening the river, and then any new expansions need to be in the form of DCA renovations or the installation of a third gate. If not, the cluster of oddly shaped lands all lacking connection to the hub would seem scattered and disconnected.

I think I am about to launch into a huge project of what I would do to all of Disneyland, corner to corner in order to use all of its space and these threads are great for developing those ideas.

Comment

Originally posted by Awesome View Post
                                    That area you have fenced off is tiny in comparison. To get an idea, look at Big Thunder in the picture, you could fit 2 Big Thunders in there...
                                    or maybe 1 large ride like Big Thunder and 2 smaller dark rides.
                                    But then there would be no walking space.
                                    That hardly qualifies as a land.
                                    It would feel like the whole Rivers of America/Tom Sawyers island was scaled down to make room for a half-assed land.
                                    Don't get me wrong, I would love a new land in Disneyland... but I don't know how it's really feasible.

I think a third park is in order. But the problem is, what to call it? What would the theme be?
                                    You could also fit (roughly) 4 splash mountains in the blue, and 7 in just the red that is shown, or two and seven haunted mansions. If the land is purposed right, it could be done very well, expecially if showbuildings are placed outside the berm.

Comment

Originally posted by yensid1987 View Post
                                      I seem to remember reading somewhere that one of the larger buildings backstage, just north of Fronteirland was a trash heap. Literally the Disneyland waist disposal and recycling area. Not something they want to move.
                                      It's not like it's a landfill; it's a transfer station for garbage.......probably the easiest back-stage thing to move.
                                      Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

Comment

In the backstage area the left of the proposed new land (In particular the two buildings shaped like a half "T") house all of Disney's labor departments (woodsmiths, costume assembly, metalshoppers) To the right of that half "T" are the buildings where many of the ride vehicles are repaired. During regular operating hours there is quite alot of loud mechanical noise going on back there which might be why the park was designed this way keeping guests away from the noise. Taking that into consideration I think that the blue area would have to be a little smaller than envisioned, also if any major attraction were to be built there then the show building would most logically have to be placed into the blue area to deal with the size and noise constraints.

I also doubt that they would move this labor zone to somewhere else either, it is full of alot of expensive stationary machines and at least two of the largest area buildings have been around since 55'.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X