This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Idea] Beauty and the Beast representation and DLR

It's always bothered me how there's not really any representation of Beauty and the Beast at Disneyland ever since the show closed heaven-knows-how long ago. But something occurred to me. The Be Our Guest Restaurant and/or Gaston's Tavern they're building at WDW's Magic Kingdom would be a fine fit for Anaheim too. And there's a prime bit of real estate placed exactly right for it. All they'd need to do is tear out Village Haus. I mean, I never hear anyone have anything good to say about it.
    Yes, and try to add both!
    32.08%
    Yes, just Be Our Guest.
    32.08%
    Yes, just Gaston's.
    16.98%
    No, keep the Village Haus as is!
    18.87%

Re: Beauty and the Beast representation and DLR

id personally like to see gaston's tavern in place of village haus

Comment

It would only work if the new place had better food and service than Village Haus.
      Current hat total: 100 of 100 - completed!

Duckland
      : Stroll through downtown Duckburg, making sure to tour Scrooge's Money Bin, then cross the Audubon Bay Bridge to St. Canard. Visit Liquidator's Splash Pool, and don't forget a stop by Bushroot Gardens!

Comment

I'd love to see a Beauty and the Beast ride somewhere in the park. I always thought it should be better represented as it seems almost all of the other classic films are already featured somewhere in the park.
        "...Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness."

Comment

It'd be hard to make it the "Be Our Guest" restaurant when you're not in the castle.

In MK's you go through some kind of mirror or something to make you feel like you're inside Beast's castle.

one hundred and one

Comment

Originally posted by Imagineer Scott View Post
            It'd be hard to make it the "Be Our Guest" restaurant when you're not in the castle.

In MK's you go through some kind of mirror or something to make you feel like you're inside Beast's castle.
            Um, you go into the beast's castle in the new fantasyland in the MK.
            Goodbye, Me Bizarro is not Monkey Joe. Me Bizarro hates Disney parks so much. Hello

Comment

Revamping it into Gaston's would probably be easier to accomplish given the existing design of the building. But I agree with EmeralineDragon that it wouldn't be worth it unless they also spruced up the menu and/or service.
              Like this post? Read more like it at The Disneyland Dilettante!

Comment

I love Beauty and the Beast but I'm not in favor of doing something unless it makes it better. I think it's great if different parks have different films that have a bigger spotlight. For Disneyland, it's Pinocchio.

Walt Disney World is getting their glorified Beauty and the Beast meet & greet as well as the new dining. I think they should have that as a unique experience.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
                http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
                http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Comment

Originally posted by Karalora View Post
                  Revamping it into Gaston's would probably be easier to accomplish given the existing design of the building. But I agree with EmeralineDragon that it wouldn't be worth it unless they also spruced up the menu and/or service.
                  Yes, that was sort of what I meant. Just wipe Village Haus out alotgether and use that dining space and the kitchen for Gaston's instead.

Comment

Don't forget, DCA's Animation building does have the Beast's Library. Still very popular, and the tranformation of the room is rather special. You even see the rose!
                    Critter Country's a mess ev'r since the Country Bears were kicked out. Ya can't cover pooh with honey and 'spect people ta like it.
                    An Adventurers It's Time to Put the Spotlight Back on Bring Back the REAL Disney Gallery
                    Life for Me! ~ ~ ~ Melvin, Buff, and Max!!! ~~~~ Dump the Dream Suite!
                    Meese-ka Moose-ka Mice-Chatter!

Comment

Originally posted by wweecwdude View Post
                      id personally like to see gaston's tavern in place of village haus
                      A Disney Villain themed restaurant sounds cool.

Comment

I personally think that the Beast's library is entirely inadequate representation of Beauty & the Beast. I wish that the new Tink ride was going to be a Beauty and the Beast ride. I would be happy with a new restaurant but a ride would be better.
                        sigpic
                        I raise my Kitties right.... they only watch the finest shows.

Comment

Originally posted by Queentitania19 View Post
                          I personally think that the Beast's library is entirely inadequate representation of Beauty & the Beast. I wish that the new Tink ride was going to be a Beauty and the Beast ride. I would be happy with a new restaurant but a ride would be better.
                          there is going to be a new tink ride?
                          feel free to be friends with me on my other sites
                          im going to be making a blog soon too
                          just send me a message when adding me telling me that your from micechat so that i dont deny you!

other sites i am on
                          myspace: http://www.myspace.com/439742246
                          facebook: http://www.facebook.com/people/Brand...ola/1399909476
                          plurlife: plurlife.com/brandiinicole [yes i am a raver and i am proud of it. no i am not a kandy kid and no i do not do drugs. i am there soley for the true reasons behind plur and to support the music and the djs that work hard everyday to create amazing sounds for us. everyone has there own genre of music that they love. that does not mean that i should be criticized because people decide to take drugs when going to listen to the electronic genre of music]

favorite disney princess: princess ariel
                          favorite non princess: tinkerbell

Comment

Originally posted by brandiinicole View Post
                            there is going to be a new tink ride?

Rumor has it. Things could very well change but so far the rumor says that there will be a new Tink attraction where the old Motor Boat Cruise used to be. It's currently the Fantasyland smoking section.

Comment

not to take away from the beauty and the beast thread ... but why in the world does tinkerbell need her own ride?
                              i love her and all but her own ride? really?
                              feel free to be friends with me on my other sites
                              im going to be making a blog soon too
                              just send me a message when adding me telling me that your from micechat so that i dont deny you!

other sites i am on
                              myspace: http://www.myspace.com/439742246
                              facebook: http://www.facebook.com/people/Brand...ola/1399909476
                              plurlife: plurlife.com/brandiinicole [yes i am a raver and i am proud of it. no i am not a kandy kid and no i do not do drugs. i am there soley for the true reasons behind plur and to support the music and the djs that work hard everyday to create amazing sounds for us. everyone has there own genre of music that they love. that does not mean that i should be criticized because people decide to take drugs when going to listen to the electronic genre of music]

favorite disney princess: princess ariel
                              favorite non princess: tinkerbell

Comment

I ate at the Village Haus once. That was enough. Pretty bad food. So, any change to it would be welcome to me - even if it is just fixing the menu. The look as it is is good for the area, but there needs to be some Good Food in Fantasyland. Anyone else remember the Welch's Grape Juice stand?
                                sigpic
                                Hidden Mickey - Historical fiction about Walt that mixes action and mystery with time travel and fantasy! Tweens to adults will enjoy these novels. And now, three gamebooks to play in Disneyland, DCA and WDW Magic Kingdom!

Check out my six action/adventure novels about Walt's lost diary and his epic quest. Visit my blog page!

Sometimes Dead Men DO Tell Tales!

Comment

Originally posted by brandiinicole View Post
                                  not to take away from the beauty and the beast thread ... but why in the world does tinkerbell need her own ride?
                                  i love her and all but her own ride? really?

There was a whole thread a few months back and the majority agrees with you.

Comment

Yes, replace it with anything that will force a change to the current menu!!

Comment

I also find Beast's Library to be an inadequate representation for the film as a whole for the DLR.

I do support uniqueness between parks...however, we're now talking about restaurants, not rides, so I don't personally feel it's as much of a problem. I think it is a far worse crime for identical rides to be reproduced in different parks (they should at least be somewhat different). That's just my own personal opinion, of course.

I'm not currently impressed by Village Haus...the themeing is good, the actual food could be way better. IMHO, with Beauty and the Beast attached to it, it could automatically be of more interest to the public (not to insult Pinocchio at all, it's just that Fantasyland already is socially stigmatized towards girls...and I think both sexes enjoy Gaston).

Here's another thought, though...it's easy to stick Gaston's Tavern in WDW. Alcohol is allowed to be served there, right? Whereas we do not have that privileged to adhere to Walt's wishes. If we got the Tavern, specialty virgin drinks would have to be made...or we'll get stuck with another Starbucks I guess...

Comment

Originally posted by pineapplewhipaddict View Post
                                        Here's another thought, though...it's easy to stick Gaston's Tavern in WDW. Alcohol is allowed to be served there, right? Whereas we do not have that privileged to adhere to Walt's wishes. If we got the Tavern, specialty virgin drinks would have to be made...or we'll get stuck with another Starbucks I guess...

Alcohol is not allowed in the Magic Kingdom, but okay in the other three parks.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X