This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Dec 4-5-6 crazy busy?

Wow - My friends and I had hotel reservations for the Dec 4-5-6 weekend, but were just unceremoniously dumped onto the street. Evidently someone has blocked out swathes of rooms. In searching for another place to stay, we encountered the same thing - everything from the high priced suites at the Grand Californian to the cheapest rooms at the little motels is booked solid.
    This can't possibly be because of the Candlelight Processional, can it? Can it? No way.
    MiceChat from Main Street.
    MiceChat goes mobile with the Mouseaddict app for iPhone and iPad! Keep up to date with the latest blogs and columns, chat live with MiceChatters inside and outside of the parks, pLearn more and download free at mouseaddict.com.

Re: Dec 4-5-6 crazy busy?

My guess is yes. Candlelight is that weekend. And I'd better not get dumped because I have a room booked for that Saturday night.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Originally posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

Comment

Yep Candlelight. How did you get dumped when you had reservations?

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

Comment

Originally posted by Morrigoon View Post
        Yep Candlelight. How did you get dumped when you had reservations?
        That's what I want to know. I can only assume it was because we had booked with a special rate; they told us that "corporate" was to blame. Since we had reservations, they offered to "walk" us to another hotel... but since all the hotels around the park are jammed, it would be somewhere up toward LA.
        MiceChat goes mobile with the Mouseaddict app for iPhone and iPad! Keep up to date with the latest blogs and columns, chat live with MiceChatters inside and outside of the parks, pLearn more and download free at mouseaddict.com.

Comment

The first weekend in December is always Candlelight Ceremony on both Saturday and Sunday nights. And it's always crazy busy.

But then any weekend in December is very busy, with Cast Member blockouts every weekend from Thanksgiving onward, until CM's get totally blocked out daily for the two weeks around Christmas and New Years.

Comment

There are plenty of rooms available for that weekend on Expedia.com. As low as $45 per night... close to the park.

Comment

A month ago I tried to book Dec 2-5 and every day had availability except Thursday the 3rd. I thought that was strange. If it was due to Candelight wouldn't you think they would be full the 4th and 5th as well. I couldn't figure that one out.

It wasn't me, it was Lisa! :angel:

Comment

Originally posted by BrodyDanger View Post
                There are plenty of rooms available for that weekend on Expedia.com. As low as $45 per night... close to the park.
                kayak.com still shows rooms for that weekend also. Quality Inn on Manchester is still listed at $45, but there are only a few place that still list rooms for under $100 a night at this point.

all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

Comment

Originally posted by penguinsoda View Post
                  kayak.com still shows rooms for that weekend also. Quality Inn on Manchester is still listed at $45, but there are only a few place that still list rooms for under $100 a night at this point.
                  Quality Inn is who dumped our reservation. They're booked up, despite what the website says. (We always stay there, the staff is great and it is a fantastic value with nice comfortable rooms. Don't wanna bad mouth them ::grin:

We kept finding rooms "available" online, but then trying to book we were told they were unavailable - everywhere! It's very frustrating.

Finally found a couple rooms at Motel 6.

Had to go this particular weekend because of work issues, but I'll definitely avoid it next year!

Comment

Originally posted by Rongo View Post
                    Quality Inn is who dumped our reservation. They're booked up, despite what the website says. (We always stay there, the staff is great and it is a fantastic value with nice comfortable rooms. Don't wanna bad mouth them ::grin:

We kept finding rooms "available" online, but then trying to book we were told they were unavailable - everywhere! It's very frustrating.

Finally found a couple rooms at Motel 6.

Had to go this particular weekend because of work issues, but I'll definitely avoid it next year!
                    :blink:

Um... thinking I maybe better call them and make sure I still have my room.... How did you find out they cancels your reservations? Did they call you? Send you an email?

Comment

I doubt all the hotels are booked due to Candlelight. I think the most logical reason is there is a Cheer competition at the Convention Center that weekend.

We were at DL last year and it was coincidentally the first night of Candlelight. The park was crowded but not packed.

Comment

There is an ACN Convention that weekend and they are planning on having a large attendance. A lot of the people are staying at the Hilton by the Convention Center. I think the Saturday meeting get over around 4 pm and the sunday ones around noon. I am sure a lot of the people have planned visits to Disney afterword.
                        --Leslie ~See my photos on FLICKR ~

Comment

My brother and his family just booked last night...don't know exactly where they are staying, but close to the park. I think they are staying 3 days or so, and booked without a problem.
                          Stockholder and Walt Disney Autograph holder!!

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X