This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Fun] Random things that remind you of Disneyland

It seems like there are more and more threads about things like "Funniest Disneyland moment" or "best part of an attraction", so here's mine. What random things somehow remind you of Disneyland (or other parks)?

Here's mine:
    The cafeteria at my school has some purple trays that always make me think of the purple or teal trays at Redd Rocket's Pizza Port in Tommorrowland (my favorite restaraunt in Disneyland).

Re: Random things that remind you of Disneyland

If the day has been a hot and humid one, when you first get into the car and turn on the AC, it smells just like PotC.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by mycroft16 View Post
      If the day has been a hot and humid one, when you first get into the car and turn on the AC, it smells just like PotC.
      Nah, that's just your sweaty socks

Comment

Well, besides all the stuff I bought there?

For one thing, the taste of pineapple. Or corn dogs. The smell of popcorn. Early mornings when it's gray and wet and cool remind me of the last time I went. Scrambled eggs and potatoes. A good proper loaf of San Francisco-style sourdough like Boudin makes. New sheets, because it makes me think of a hotel.

Comment

Anything else linked to Disney, basically.

Or any other theme park, but it is not a good thing.

Comment

I was cutting wood on the chopsaw the other day and it smelled like Disneyland at christmas time (pine smell).

Comment

Originally posted by SnorkletsMom View Post
              Nah, that's just your sweaty socks
              So does this mean there is a large pile of sweaty socks somewhere in PotC?

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Comment

I work at a grocery store and when you open one of the back doors by receiving and then lock it again...it makes a chirp noise kind of like the one you hear when they scan your ticket.

Comment

brown.

it's an inside joke.
                  Originally posted by JungleCruiseFan
                  You know what they say- The party don't start 'til Jordon walks in.
                  Originally posted by penguinsoda

Comment

Navigating through crowds. I love it now!

And of course, the smell of chlorine, truck exhaust etc. etc.
                    appertaining or belonging; pertaining.

...to Disneyland.

Comment

The smell of fog really does it for me. Reminds me of the musty smells of several attractions...and it reminds me of being reminded of those smells. See, when I was in fifth grade, my family took this awesome three-day trip to the park - we didn't go more than once every two or three years, mind you. I had the most amazing time, and the first morning back at home again, it was very foggy, and the smell really got to me. I was missing the park so much and eventually called home, practically in tears, just because I was that...parksick. In fifth grade. Yep, Disneyland really got to me.

Also, I woke up the other morning and the room smelled like Soarin'. I still have no idea why.

Comment

Originally posted by mycroft16 View Post
                        So does this mean there is a large pile of sweaty socks somewhere in PotC?
                        Yes. In the locker of Davey Jones.

Comment

Every time I work on some sort of automated machine, particularly if it involves conveyers, it reminds me of rides like Peoplemover, Inner Space, Haunted Mansion, etc. I realize that two of these are no longer in existence, but my memories are still there.

I do quite a bit of woodwork, and every once in a while when I'm sawing a board it reminds me of the lumbermill scene in Splash Mountain.

There are rattlesnakes around where I live, I usually see one or two a year. They look a lot like the ones on Thunder Mountain, except slightly lighter in color.

Some of the manlifts that I use have gas engines that sound a lot like the ones on Jungle Cruise and Casey JR.

This is stupidly technical, but I noticed that the ride control panels use pushbuttons and switches manufactured by Allen Bradley. I do a lot of electrical work in mines, rock-crushing plants, concrete plants, etc. These are extreme use environments. Really hard on electrical equipment. If it's my choice, I use Allen Bradley equipment too. Always have. (No, I don't work for them!)

Every once in a while, one of the theme songs will pop into my mind. Usually Small World or Pirates. This is pleasant for about the first 10 minutes or so, then it can be annoying. lol.

Rob

Comment

When I hear a bus back the sound of the air coming out a valve, I think of Disneyland and the trams. I'm talking about when air is released to maintain ari pressure or something and it makes that ssssssshh noise.

Comment

Whenever any Buddy Rich tune comes on my MP3 player, I instantly think of the Carnation Plaza.
                              "The old man's gonna knock on the sky. Listen to the sound."

AP'er since 2004. Yup.....I'm one of THEM.

Comment

Originally posted by disneylandfan95 View Post
                                When I hear a bus back the sound of the air coming out a valve, I think of Disneyland and the trams. I'm talking about when air is released to maintain ari pressure or something and it makes that ssssssshh noise.
                                Haha me too!! The funny thing is that I make that sound sometimes when I put my car in park. Haha. Depending on who's in the car with me, I'll even throw a, "Please gather your belongings, watch your head, watch your step, and exit off to the right-hand side of the driver."

Whatever, it usually gets a laugh from someone.

Comment

Space Mountain's first lift hill and the inside of a toaster.

Also, Star Tours is probably my favorite ride as far as smell goes- I get so excited when I smell something that smells like Star Tours... Usually it has to do with computers or something similar, or air conditioning.

Comment

Whenever it's foggy out in the morning, I always long to be working my dream job: conductor on steam trains. There's something about the fog, early morning Dland, and the sound of the steam engine. Much better than being on the phones all day!

Comment

There are a couple of miniature golf courses around that have a large castle in the middle of their land. That usually gets the grands all excited.

Our entire home office is filled with Disney memorabilia, so I don't have a chance of not remembering Disneyland! We have a Hawaiian Mickey and Minnie on the dash of our car. My T-Bird has the license plate HDDN MKY to go with the novel I wrote.

We will hear a whistle sometimes that will remind us of the Mark Twain, or a ringing bell that sounds like the big train.

Firework displays are always compared to Disneylands - and usually come up short!

Yeah, I know. We have it bad! And we are training the grands while they are young! lol
                                      sigpic
                                      Hidden Mickey - Historical fiction about Walt that mixes action and mystery with time travel and fantasy! Tweens to adults will enjoy these novels. And now, three gamebooks to play in Disneyland, DCA and WDW Magic Kingdom!

Check out my six action/adventure novels about Walt's lost diary and his epic quest. Visit my blog page!

Sometimes Dead Men DO Tell Tales!

Comment

For me it's when ever i hear a loud noise like a book slaming on the ground, door closing loudly I always think of the cannon Blast from the Pirates scene from Fantasmic!

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X