This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Did Ghost Galaxy leave a couple traces behind

When I went a week ago the lights below the panel were still greenish and in the actual ride part looked as if a couple of the circle screens were still there? Anyone else notice or is it just me?

Re: Did Ghost Galaxy leave a couple traces behind

According to this thread, there aren't any major changes, if any.

^Art by me!
    Check out my
    Flickr page for a selection of my Disneyland Resort photography (and more)! {new photos 8.19.15}
    You can purchase a selection of my photos as well as clothing and stickers designed by me at my RedBubble page.
    Visit my
    Tumblr blog for another way to view and share my photos.
    Radiator Springs Racers ride count: 22

Comment

Not that I'm aware of. I think was a thread on this a few days ago and that's what it said there.
      https://twitter.com/ajcurry_

Comment

They did forget to switch off some blue LEDs in the first lift, and I did notice a little bit of green in the lap bar check room. So, yes, you judged correctly.

Comment

I noticed last Sunday what I think is a "disco" ball (look far to the right as you reach the top of the first lift. The areas was lit. It looked like someone forgot to turn off a light. I did not see it on Saturday.
          Adults are only kids grown up, anyway - Walt Disney

Comment

It was pretty fast coming back up. Does anyone know if in the future it will only take a couple days to turn back on?

Comment

^ overnight, actually.

Comment

Originally posted by splash114 View Post
                I noticed last Sunday what I think is a "disco" ball (look far to the right as you reach the top of the first lift. The areas was lit. It looked like someone forgot to turn off a light. I did not see it on Saturday.
                There's actually always disco balls. I noticed once when I rode the right looking backwards. I believe they use the disco balls to create the star effect on the walls and ceiling.

Comment

all the support for the screens was left up, but the screens we're taken down

Comment

I always thought disco balls were very appropriate for something that opened in 1977.

Comment

Originally posted by splash114 View Post
                      There aren't any additional lights at the top of the first lift used for GG...
                      Originally posted by ♥disney.princess♥ View Post
                      There's actually always disco balls. I noticed once when I rode the right looking backwards. I believe they use the disco balls to create the star effect on the walls and ceiling.
                      They do not use disco balls. They use pinpoint star projectors. You can spot them usually because they are squares of what looks like an extremely miniature version of the projections.

They're the shiny square things, I found two:

EDIT: Anyone know what that circular thing with a bunch of holes is?

Comment

Originally posted by WDITrent View Post
                        There aren't any additional lights at the top of the first lift used for GG...

They do not use disco balls. They use pinpoint star projectors. You can spot them usually because they are squares of what looks like an extremely miniature version of the projections.

They're the shiny square things, I found two:

EDIT: Anyone know what that circular thing with a bunch of holes is?
                        I think it's some of the star effects(only 50% sure on this)

Timekeeper
                        sigpicNow the Tower of Sauron has fallen
                        Also, this picture and my Avatar was taken with a Nintendo DSi System and Nyko Magnification Lens & Case for DSi.

Comment

WDITrent- you're partially right about one thing: they don't use the disco balls (notice the careful addition of the definite article, there ). They're there, but not used for the effects. You can see some of them best, on the third lift hill, to the left and down. You'll see a rig there with other kinds of projectors, and whatnot, and included in that lot of equipment are some disco balls.

Comment

^Pictures? Interview? Anything?

Sorry I'm so nitpicky, but I'm curious now.

Comment

Originally posted by ♥disney.princess♥ View Post
                              I know in the pre 2005 version you always saw disco balls.
                              They were for star making.
                              Also made the ride brighter too (one of the reasons)
                              Quote by Al:
                              To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
                              -Al Lutz

Comment

Originally posted by WDITrent View Post
                                ^Pictures? Interview? Anything?

Sorry I'm so nitpicky, but I'm curious now.
                                I'm not into taking flash pictures on the rides, and especially moreso, one that's completely in the dark. That wouldn't go well for guests' eyes. I suggest you check it out on your next trip.

And it's from personal experience, btw.

Comment

I don't get why nothing new was added to the ride I mean like a projection of a plant or something seems simple and easy and would draw a crowd.
                                  Happy Halloween!!!

Comment

Originally posted by dland_lover View Post
                                    I'm not into taking flash pictures on the rides, and especially moreso, one that's completely in the dark. That wouldn't go well for guests' eyes. I suggest you check it out on your next trip.

And it's from personal experience, btw.
                                    Hold on there, I didn't suggest you take a flash picture. There are plenty of lights-on pictures.

Comment

And I have yet to be on Space Mountain when it breaks down, and even then, what are the chances that I'd be in the right spot to get said picture? Unless you have absolutely no way of getting to the parks, I suggest just looking for yourself- it's much easier.

I looked through Brian's (splashmoun10) flickr album, of the pics he got on Space, when it was 101'ed, and you can't see what I'm talking about in any of them. Maybe he has some other pictures, that he didn't post, that might have the disco balls in them. IDK.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                      Working...
                                      X