This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Wet on California Screamin'

Did the wave machines ever get you wet before the launch of CA Screamin?
    Once it got all over my face and got me in the eyes.

Re: Wet on California Screamin'

Nope never. Can't imagine it's be very comfortable blinking water out of your eyes at 50 mph.
    https://twitter.com/ajcurry_

Comment

I've been misted before. I've heard that ride is like the worst thing ever when it's raining. Raindrops whacking you in the face for the whole ride! Ouch.

Comment

Yeah! I remember that too! it'll splash against the rocks right before you launch!

Comment

wow i didn't even know you were suppose to get wet on that ride
          Originally posted by JungleCruiseFan
          You know what they say- The party don't start 'til Jordon walks in.
          Originally posted by penguinsoda

Comment

Originally posted by lobeobann View Post
            I've been misted before. I've heard that ride is like the worst thing ever when it's raining. Raindrops whacking you in the face for the whole ride! Ouch.
            It depends on how heavy the rain is. I rode in a light drizzle and it was quite fun, actually.

As for the original question/post, yes, I've felt light mist many, many times on California Screamin.

Comment

The signs in the queue of Screamin' actually warn that you might get wet, just like on Splash and GRR.

Comment

Yeah but when its raining hard it feels like little darts comung at you! haha It was actually kind of fun...and a little Painfull.

Comment

Originally posted by Dlandclub33 View Post
                  Yeah but when its raining hard it feels like little darts comung at you! haha It was actually kind of fun...and a little Painfull.
                  I know the feeling, I've ridden Screamin' several times when it was raining hard...so painful... but so fun in a strange way!

Comment

Originally posted by judino28 View Post
                    I know the feeling, I've ridden Screamin' several times when it was raining hard...so painful... but so fun in a strange way!
                    Yeah I know! Right?

Comment

Originally posted by DannyLand View Post
                      Did the wave machines ever get you wet before the launch of CA Screamin?
                      Once it got all over my face and got me in the eyes.
                      Yes, we were discussing this once way back in the DCA Project Tracker. Initially, the wave machines were timed to Screamin' to make it look like the wave started the launch. A wave would slap against the side of the coaster, everyone on the ride would get soaked, and the coaster would launch. It was a nice little effect before the wave machine fell into disrepair.

Maybe with the return of the wave machines, this effect will be working again!
                      Last edited by MarkTwain; 11-11-2009, 06:27 PM.

Comment

Speaking of getting wet on an attraction... have you ever tried going on BTMRR at night when its raining? It's quite fun.

I think it's just random bad luck when the wave machine is working.
                        DisneyTwins
                        Since May 2003

Comment

Originally posted by MarkTwain View Post
                          Yes, we were discussing this once way back in the DCA Project Tracker. Initially, the wave machines were timed to Screamin' to make it look like the wave started the launch. A wave would slap against the side of the coaster, everyone on the ride would get soaked, and the coaster would launch. It was a nice little effect before the wave machine fell into disrepair.

Maybe with the return of the wave machines, this effect will be work again.
                          That sounds so cool! I guess I never noticed it when it worked. I'm going to have to keep my fingers crossed though.

Comment

Originally posted by Dlandclub33 View Post
                            Yeah but when its raining hard it feels like little darts coming at you! haha It was actually kind of fun...and a little Painful.
                            Note to Self: Next time it's raining, bring the little full-face shield from the grinder, and treat it with Rain-X - Instant windshield.

--<< Bruce >>--
                            There's No Place Like 127.0.0.1

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X