This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Fireworks Laser

What happened to the Laser during the fireworks. Before it could be seen from the entrance from DCA but now u can't even see it from mid main street.
    I was REALLY bright but now, u can't even see it. Why?
    [ame="http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=62693 3&searchid=ea36eb43-c268-4ad1-9741-fde4ce5ad2bb"]Feb 06: Disneyland Remember 50th fireworks (complete) Video by Steve - MySpace Video[/ame]
    JUST click the link.
    skip all the way to the star wars part(13:42), u'll see what i mean. 15:08 is crazy. but now it's dead.

Re: Fireworks Laser

It was really bright this past weekend, during Remember. That's all I know on the matter.

Comment

It's brighter when Fantasmic! smoke blows in the direction of the Hub, or when there is lots of humidity in the air.

Comment

Whoa, I knew they had a green laser in parts of the show, but not that bright. That's so cool! Must be even better in person!

Comment

There could be several reasons, but the most likely reason would be moisture/smoke in the air. If it's a moist/foggy night, then they will seem A LOT brighter, and of course the same goes for smoke.

If you can see it from DCA then it's likely just a really moist/humid night. Sometimes you won't even think it's foggy, but there is still enough moisture for the laser to hit, making it much more visible.

Comment

Well it hasn't been used since RDCT, so if this show is back this weekend, then you'll be able to see the laser.

Comment

Originally posted by disneylandfan95 View Post
              Well it hasn't been used since RDCT, so if this show is back this weekend, then you'll be able to see the laser.
              It was used in Halloween Screams too.

Comment

All this talk about humidity and fog making the lasers visible makes me wonder if the same idea will apply to WOC. I know they are using a new type of laser for this show so will it be visible in more situations?

Comment

Originally posted by DL2006 View Post
                  All this talk about humidity and fog making the lasers visible makes me wonder if the same idea will apply to WOC. I know they are using a new type of laser for this show so will it be visible in more situations?
                  I doubt lack of moisture in the air will much of an issue for a show with water being shot into the air.

I know I'm being a smart ### but only a little one.
                  Broadway Duchess, Darling if you only knew half as much as everybody thinks you do

Comment

Originally posted by yensid1987 View Post
                    I doubt lack of moisture in the air will much of an issue for a show with water being shot into the air.

I know I'm being a smart ### but only a little one.
                    One would think that, but Fantasmic is a perfect example of that not working right. At the end when Sorcerer Mickey is doing his thing and the lasers are shooting out you can barely see them in all their glory and yet....the water is shooting up at the same time.

Comment

Originally posted by DL2006 View Post
                      One would think that, but Fantasmic is a perfect example of that not working right. At the end when Sorcerer Mickey is doing his thing and the lasers are shooting out you can barely see them in all their glory and yet....the water is shooting up at the same time.
                      So whats the solution? Other than hoping that its a foggy and or smokey night?
                      Broadway Duchess, Darling if you only knew half as much as everybody thinks you do

Comment

LN2 or Co2 or Mee Fog?
                        Amnesia used to be my favourite word, but I forgot it.

Comment

I think the mist/water from WoC is going to be significantly higher in height, volume, and coverage, so that there's going to be a lot more "stuff" for the lasers (if there are any) to reflect/refract off of. Just the giant mist screen(s) alone will create a lot more moisture in the air than Fantasmic has.

I suppose it's possible that they could stick some mee foggers on top of some of the surrounding buildings along with some fans to blow the fog across the WoC viewing area if they really wanted to, but I don't think they will.

We might just have to live with some less-than-fully-bright lasers from time to time. I'll deal with it

Comment

Originally posted by simba View Post

I suppose it's possible that they could stick some mee foggers on top of some of the surrounding buildings along with some fans to blow the fog across the WoC viewing area if they really wanted to, but I don't think they will.

We might just have to live with some less-than-fully-bright lasers from time to time. I'll deal with it
                            I never thought the lasers in Fantasmic! or Remember... Dreams come true were ever that important to the show. Especially the one in Remember. the fact that you may see it if atmospheric aspects are just right seems like bad show. Putting foggers around the show could interfere with any projections.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X