Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anaheim's 2010 Rose Parade float shows no mention of Disneyland!

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Other] Anaheim's 2010 Rose Parade float shows no mention of Disneyland!

This article is in yesterday's OC Register.

Anaheim has unveiled its 2010 Rose Parade Float concept art. It shows a lot of the Angels but it doesn't show any Disneyland. Not even a 3 foot tall castle! Now I know that the Angels are hosting the 2010 All Star Game, but Disneyland is also going to be debuting a show of phenomenal proportions -- World of Color.

Why is Anaheim neglecting Disneyland this year? Sure, the Angels have had a huge impact on the city, but Disneyland's impact is just as important if not greater.

OCRegister.com : Anaheim reveals Rose float full of Angels
    Last edited by DisneyIPresume; 11-11-2009, 09:49 AM.

Re: Anaheim's 2010 Rose Parade float shows no mention of Disneyland!

Yeah, and the Rose Parade Website ( Parade Participants ~ Tournament of Roses ) doesn't list Disney. Maybe a Disney-less year after all...
    Do do do do do do dodododododo!

-My Electrical Parade Impersonation

Comment

Anaheim is more than just Disneyland/resort. I wouldn't fret about it. It's just a float.

Comment

maybe there's a hidden mickey we don't see

or maybe disney is implementing some WoC technology on the float so its kind of subliminal

Comment

That's true SCUBAbe, they also have the Ducks and the team they are going with the Angels. What Anaheim is doing is smart. They are trying to get media coverage as early as possible to probably the biggest event that's going to bring on a lot of revenue to the City of Anaheim the 2010 All Star Game. I mean this isn't the first year they left Disney off of the float, if I recall and I may be wrong, in the 2008 when they centered it around the Anaheim Ducks and there Stanley Cup win Disney wasn't on the float.
          Follow me on Twitter for live updates & pictures from the park:

Comment

Originally posted by SCUBAbe View Post
            Anaheim is more than just Disneyland/resort. I wouldn't fret about it. It's just a float.
            But prior Rose Parade floats have featured both the Angels and Disneyland. I'm just a bit concerned that this oversight might mean a lowering of relations between the city and Disney?

Or perhaps you are right and this is just an oversight.

Comment

Originally posted by disneyDragon923 View Post
              What Anaheim is doing is smart. They are trying to get media coverage as early as possible to probably the biggest event that's going to bring on a lot of revenue to the City of Anaheim the 2010 All Star Game.
              I was thinking the same thing, the Angels had a major victory this year defeating the Red Sox in the divisional series and on top of that we have the All-Star game in 2010. This is a rare opportunity to be able to celebrate both of these events. Can anyone remember the year that had Disneyland and the Angels on the same float together? I only remember seeing this once and I think it had to do with the Angels winning the world series who were at the time owned by Disney.

Comment

Originally posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
                Or perhaps you are right and this is just an oversight.
                I never said it was an oversight. Leaving disney off a float would be anything other than an oversight, but there is more than just disney in anaheim and I don't think it's that big a deal.

Comment

Disney has done their OWN floats in the past, such as the Tower of Terror float. If Disney wants to be in the parade, they can pay for the float themselves.

The City has decided to feature the upcoming 2010 All-Star Game, which WILL help Disney by bringing in additional tourists, many of which will end up going to the Disneyland Resort during the event. In fact, I bet you that Disney will host some private parties, plus Downtown Disney and Anaheim GardenWalk will also host some private events (MLB Sponsors renting out Restaurants, the Bowling Alley, etc.).

I don't blame the City in the slightest, if anything, it is good to show that the City is MORE than just Disneyland.
                  Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

Comment

Because sports are the be all and end all of the entire world The stupid Yankees taught me that
                    Good morning, son
                    In twenty years from now
                    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
                    And I can tell you 'bout today
                    And how I picked you up and everything changed
                    It was pain
                    Sunny days and rain
                    I knew you'd feel the same things...

sigpic

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse