This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] 50th Anniversary Photomosaic Murals

Did anyone else in MiceChat get their photos used in Disneyland's 50th Anniversary celebration photo murals?

I submitted my 5 photos and was sent a list of the 13 places they were used. It was a lot of fun trying to find my photos in those murals. I suceeded in every mural except the huge Steamboat Willie mural on Main Street. Couldn't find the two photos to save my life!

If I can figure out how to add pictures that aren't on the net, I will add some later!

How about the rest of you?
    sigpic
    Hidden Mickey - Historical fiction about Walt that mixes action and mystery with time travel and fantasy! Tweens to adults will enjoy these novels. And now, three gamebooks to play in Disneyland, DCA and WDW Magic Kingdom!

Check out my six action/adventure novels about Walt's lost diary and his epic quest. Visit my blog page!

Sometimes Dead Men DO Tell Tales!

Re: 50th Anniversary Photomosaic Murals

We had a couple of pictures that were used in a few places..but our most famous picture was of my son in the Disneyland 50's Magical Years movie.... He became the center of the Disneyland Castle!

Here is the picture of him next to his picture...

Comment

Funny thing is I got photos of them here are all the ones I took.

These are the first 13.

Comment

These are all the ones I have 26 of them.

Comment

Awesome Capt! Those were so cool!

Comment

I appeared in the stitch mosaic over in Tomorrowland. Its a picture of me when I was younger on the PeopleMover!

Circled in red:

and a closeup:

Comment

Thx I no there is at less 4 more I saw but didn't want them. The others I saw where. Woody,Jessie,Stitch and the Incabels [ms]. I think there where 50 total but not sure on that.

Comment

wow those murals are awesome!!!
                the only mural i remember seeing was pooh and the hitchhiking ghosts
                so it was great seeing all the other ones
                Originally posted by JungleCruiseFan
                You know what they say- The party don't start 'til Jordon walks in.
                Originally posted by penguinsoda

Comment

Awesome pictures, Capt Hook! I didn't know there were that many! I love those little murals.
                  blogtwitterdeviantart

psh! hey, you! i make miniature disney hats. wanna see them? click here.

some cool cats:
                  - a113 - animekiti4christ - captianeo,atis - ckelef1 - cocoa - dapperjoshua - disneyizz -
                  disneylove - the disneylander - *disneyprincess* - disneyroyals411 - dmtnt55 - donald_duck -
                  - fangalicious44 - firebolt413 - gummibears_rock - ice101 - incrediboy - itsxxdomoxxkun -
                  - junglecruisefan - kablary - kritter -littleactressann - mainstreetjake - mandypandy - mikeskellington -
                  - padgerfan - performerinwaiting - ss77 - theoretical - thinkingofdisney11 - wendyinwonderland - williamtheking -

Comment

Awesome, Capt. Hook! You showed six of the murals I am in! There was also a Baloo and Mowgli one in Adverntureland I was in. I, also, saw some I didn't see in the Parks. My favorite picture is in the Winnie the Pooh one. I am two down from his eye and over 1 (the bright spot of blue was the jacket I was wearing while standing next to Mr. Toad)

It was amazing how they were put together - especially the Steamboat Willie one where there are pictures within the pictures within the pictures!
                    sigpic
                    Hidden Mickey - Historical fiction about Walt that mixes action and mystery with time travel and fantasy! Tweens to adults will enjoy these novels. And now, three gamebooks to play in Disneyland, DCA and WDW Magic Kingdom!

Check out my six action/adventure novels about Walt's lost diary and his epic quest. Visit my blog page!

Comment

We're in a few of them! These are 3 of them! Thanks Capt! It's awesome you took these photos!

Last edited by I Heart Disneyland; 11-11-2009, 02:47 PM.

Comment

It just hit me. I didn't get the Lion King Mural I though I had that one. It was right where you inter the Jungel Cruise ride. So that is another one I didn't get that I really wanted. The other 4 I said early I didn't because they aren't my favorite characters so that was the only reason I didn;t get Stitch,Woody,Inc. and Jessie Oh yeah they also had Nemo which I don't like as well. So if I got my figures right that would be 32 Murals I saw out of 50.

Comment

Originally posted by Capt Hook's View Post
                          It just hit me. I didn't get the Lion King Mural I though I had that one. .
                          What about the 20,000 Leagues one?

Comment

Never saw that one where was that one at.

Comment

Wow, I've seen these and never knew they were pictures, that's totally awesome. I have a few pictures I would love to have in some of those, does anyone know if it's too late to submit pictures?
                              Follow me on Twitter for live updates & pictures from the park:

Comment

Yes it really to late this was for only the 50th annivery for Disneyland there not doing them anymore.

Comment

We were in the Cinderella, Walt and Mickey and 20,000 Leagues under the Sea. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the 20,000 Leagues under the Sea was up high on the back of a building in Tomorrowland on the BLAB side. I remember that you could see it nicely if you were on the monorail.

Thanks for bringing back some great memories!

Comment

It just hit me. I didn't get the Lion King Mural I though I had that one. It was right where you inter the Jungel Cruise ride. So that is another one I didn't get that I really wanted. The other 4 I said early I didn't because they aren't my favorite characters so that was the only reason I didn;t get Stitch,Woody,Inc. and Jessie Oh yeah they also had Nemo which I don't like as well. So if I got my figures right that would be 32 Murals I saw out of 50.
                                    Oh, I forgot about the Lion King. I am in that one, as well. I am part of Simba's big white smile! The photo below is me in an old white Autopia car when I was young. They used that photo more than any other of mine.

sigpic

Comment

Yes it really to late this was for only the 50th annivery for Disneyland there not doing them anymore.
                                      Dang, I just noticed that by the title of the post, ohh well those really are cool. I have never seen half of these or just never paid any attention to them. I'm going to have to look at the mosaics next time I'm there, they really are awesome.

I hope they do something like this again further down the road for there other anniversaries. It's adds a neat little touch to Disneyland.
                                      Follow me on Twitter for live updates & pictures from the park:

Comment

I'm going to try and give names to all the ones I have plus the ones I saw but didn't get. I thing there where 50 Murals for the 50th Anniversy I know there be some I will not have names for send I didn't see them so here we go.

1. Steamboat Mickey
                                        2. Buzz Lightyear
                                        3. Alice
                                        4. Pocaontas
                                        5. Ariel
                                        6. Cinderella
                                        7. Beast and Belle
                                        8. Hercules and Meg
                                        9. Mulan
                                        10. Snow White and Dopey
                                        11. Small World
                                        12. Donald for Mayor
                                        13. Mickey for Mayor
                                        14. Mickey camper
                                        15. Maleficent's Dragon
                                        16. Aurora and Phillip
                                        17. Maleficent
                                        18. Fantasmic
                                        19. Ghost
                                        20. Winnie the Pooh
                                        21. Baloo
                                        22. Flik
                                        23. Monsters Inc.
                                        24. Mickey and Walt
                                        25. Lady and The Tramp
                                        26. Genie

The first 26 names I got photos of the next set I saw but didn't take.

27. Stitch
                                        28. Lion King
                                        29. Jessie
                                        30. Woody
                                        31. The Inc.

This next one I didn't know about but was say to be there.
                                        32. 20,000 Leagues under the Sea
                                        33. ?
                                        34. ?
                                        35. ?
                                        36. ?
                                        37. ?
                                        38. ?
                                        39. ?
                                        40. ?
                                        41. ?
                                        42. ?
                                        43. ?
                                        44. ?
                                        45. ?
                                        46. ?
                                        47. ?
                                        48. ?
                                        49. ?
                                        50. ?

If anyone remembers the other Murals that was there that I didn't know about please let us know.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X