This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What?! You use FILM? MGB's Around-the-Parks Film Photography Thread

And so much Dynamic Range. This has been my jealousy with film.

Micenation

Comment

Just want to chime in and say great photos. Love the color saturation. While I personally shoot digital, I truly do believe that when one shoots film you really "think" more about the shot compared when shooting digital. Too bad film bodies are slowly being phased out. Hold on to that camera!

Comment

After spending several hours at Disneyland with MonstersGoBoo! earlier this week, I'm not surprised that these photos are gorgeous.

It was obvious from the start of the day that she has a very creative eye and could see interesting compositions that many people would not. I was also impressed that she was very conscious of the lighting conditions at all times. It was a partly cloudy day where the sun would peak through and then go back to hiding in random patterns. The changing lighting conditions offered wonderful opportunities, but one had to be aware of their surroundings at all times. And she definitely noticed those moments when the lighting would present compelling photos.

Bravo, MonstersGoBoo! Keep up the great work and please continue to share your photos with us on MiceChat. :yea:

Comment

Film cameras will always be better.

Comment

Ah! I absolutely LOVE these pix... they look so amazing with the ol' film. Can't wait to see some more.

Comment

your photo's have been the best i've ever seen of disneyland,
              this really gave me a happy feel of disneyland,

sigpic

Comment

Thank you everyone for the nice comments! I have more, I think, and I'll have them posted shortly (hopefully).

Comment

Found 'em!

Comment

How many megapixels?

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Film still outdoes digital though......it's amazing. Digital is popular just because of the ease of editing and printing. I suppose you could say the pixels of film pictures are molecules, haha....and I don't even want to think of the pixel count in that case!

Great pictures MGB!

Comment

Thanks for sharing-- this is how I get through a day of work when my next DLR trip is only 3 days away.

I don't wanna work-- I just wanna GO!!
                      To All Who Come to this Happy Place.... Welcome! Disneyland is Your Land!

Comment

Originally posted by MonstersGoBoo! View Post
                        [CENTER]Found 'em!

Excellent. Your pictures are wonderful.
                        my Disneyland and stuff photo album

my Disneyland and stuff photo album: 2

my Disneyland and stuff photo album: 3

Comment

Thank you all so very much . I'm hoping to get to the parks sometime this week so I can finish up a roll I had started last Thursday and also use the other roll for some ACF photos and more Christmas decor.

EDIT: OH! I almost forgot. I was thinking about something interesting that would involve you lovely folks here, soooooo here's my proposal:

Time to get creative, because I am now going to start taking some challenges! You think of something to photo, from a certain aspect or view, and I'll try to get it. And I'll also be taking requests if anyone would like to see a something that not everyone takes a photo of. I'm just trying to keep this thread going without it becoming one of those, "Been there, done that" type of thing.

The only things I don't photo are:
                          - Dark rides/queues.
                          - Night time shots (it's difficult to do without a flash component).

Once again, thank you and I'm ready to see what you all come up with

Comment

- Dark rides/queues.
                            Such a shame because film cameras are far superior in night shots when using 800 ISO film or higher. If you get 1600 there is no need for flash.
                            Last edited by Seawolf; 11-16-2009, 09:52 PM.

Comment

I've got one Dani, how'bout some nice shots of all the face characters? Princesses, villains, and performers as well! I really like how the mardi gras dancers came out!

Comment

Originally posted by Seawolf View Post
                                Such a shame because film cameras are far superior in night shots when using 800 ISO film or higher. If you get 1600 there is no need for flash.
                                I think I've seen some 800 film at CVS, and 1600 is very hard to come by.

Originally posted by Sir Didymus View Post
                                I've got one Dani, how'bout some nice shots of all the face characters? Princesses, villains, and performers as well! I really like how the mardi gras dancers came out!
                                I have one of Tinker Bell on the roll that's currently in my camera and also one of me and Fawn that Armadillo4 took. I'll try to get some for you, but don't expect me to stand in that horrible PFF line, haha.

Comment

I think I've seen some 800 film at CVS, and 1600 is very hard to come by.
                                  15412947 Fujifilm Fujicolor Press 1600 Color Negative Film ISO 1600, 35mm Size, 36 Exposure, CU-36

Comment

I'm so happy I found this thread!! (Thanks to this week's MiceChat round-up). It's really nice to see the work of other filmheads. If you guys are interested in checking them out, in my profile I have an album with photos of "Magical" and some other shots of the park I took with my Olympus Om-10, which is my baby. Regarding those photos, my tripod broke right before the fireworks show started, so I got some athletic tape from first aid which semi-worked. One of the few times I've had to go there...

But now I have a new tripod and intend to shoot Christmas fireworks before they go away...

Comment

Some nice building shots of the Fantasyland attractions would be nice, atmosphere wise... if that makes sense, lol.

And I LOVE this photo...

Where was that shot?

Comment

Thank you all so very much . I'm hoping to get to the parks sometime this week so I can finish up a roll I had started last Thursday and also use the other roll for some ACF photos and more Christmas decor.

EDIT: OH! I almost forgot. I was thinking about something interesting that would involve you lovely folks here, soooooo here's my proposal:

Time to get creative, because I am now going to start taking some challenges! You think of something to photo, from a certain aspect or view, and I'll try to get it. And I'll also be taking requests if anyone would like to see a something that not everyone takes a photo of. I'm just trying to keep this thread going without it becoming one of those, "Been there, done that" type of thing.

- Dark rides/queues.

Once again, thank you and I'm ready to see what you all come up with
                                        MGB - I wouldn't rule out the dark rides. Have you tried shooting with that 50 mm prime in darker lit locations? Haunted Mansion might not work too well on the Doom Buggies, but you could get great shots of the Elevator, Hallway, etc. And I'm pretty sure you could get some shots on Pirates as well...providing you can get your hands on that 1600 film.

Comment

Originally posted by BestBeatingHeart View Post
                                          Some nice building shots of the Fantasyland attractions would be nice, atmosphere wise... if that makes sense, lol.

And I LOVE this photo...

Where was that shot?
                                          The shot was taken from ToonTown.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X