This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What?! You use FILM? MGB's Around-the-Parks Film Photography Thread

Great pictures MGB!!! My Mother In-Law still uses a film camera sometimes and get's some rather nice pictures.

Comment

This photo was just posted on the Disney Blog today, and I can't help to feel your thread inspired this Disney photographer to post this shot. Both are film, both have low DOF. I am not implying he copied MGB cause he started this project in 2001 and never posted it till now. Although he said it was an epcot project about cultures so that's doesnt seem right for this image. Either way, its nice to see MGB possibly inspired him to share a similar shot. Way to go MGB! I personally prefer MGB's. She has some fantastic Bokeh.

Disney Blog [Article Link]

MGB

Micenation

Comment

Originally posted by orbitalpunk View Post
        This photo was just posted on the Disney Blog today, and I can't help to feel your thread inspired this Disney photographer to post this shot. Both are film, both have low DOF. I am not implying he copied MGB cause he started this project in 2001 and never posted it till now. Although he said it was an epcot project about cultures so that's doesnt seem right for this image. Either way, its nice to see MGB possibly inspired him to share a similar shot. Way to go MGB! I personally prefer MGB's. She has some fantastic Bokeh.

Disney Blog [Article Link]

MGB

Huh. And I think MGB's is better, too!
        blogtwitterdeviantart

psh! hey, you! i make miniature disney hats. wanna see them? click here.

some cool cats:
        - a113 - animekiti4christ - captianeo,atis - ckelef1 - cocoa - dapperjoshua - disneyizz -
        disneylove - the disneylander - *disneyprincess* - disneyroyals411 - dmtnt55 - donald_duck -
        - fangalicious44 - firebolt413 - gummibears_rock - ice101 - incrediboy - itsxxdomoxxkun -
        - junglecruisefan - kablary - kritter -littleactressann - mainstreetjake - mandypandy - mikeskellington -
        - padgerfan - performerinwaiting - ss77 - theoretical - thinkingofdisney11 - wendyinwonderland - williamtheking -

Comment

Originally posted by sir clinksalot View Post
          Great pictures MGB!!! My Mother In-Law still uses a film camera sometimes and get's some rather nice pictures.
          Thanks Gregg!

Orbital - I highly doubt I had any influence on that picture posting, haha, I just think it's a coincidence. Thank you though . I absolutely love my Goofy photo, and it's hanging with the rest of some of my favorite Disneyland photo in a collage.

Yay! I actually got asked the other day from someone through FlickrMail if the Goofy photo was HDR haha.

Comment

Stellar shots, as always! )

And so as not to completely highjack your thread, but to get quicker answers to my questions am posting a link to it here :evil:, I started this thread: http://micechat.com/forums/micechat-...mera-help.html, asking for advice in shooting with film.

Comment

Didn't you say you had some more pics being developed?

Comment

Originally posted by dland_lover View Post
                Didn't you say you had some more pics being developed?
                Nope. I said I was going to be taking more photos this week/weekend and then getting them developed.

Comment

Oh. My bad. :blush:

Comment

CHALLENGE! Some nice pictures of Disney details, preferably of the architecture. I know you can do it because you're a really good photographer and the film adds some charm to these pictures!

SECOND CHALLENGE! Inspired by your Frontierland pictures, try to take pictures of vintage things. That + film = beautiful photo gold.

Comment

Originally posted by niklj View Post
                      CHALLENGE! Some nice pictures of Disney details, preferably of the architecture. I know you can do it because you're a really good photographer and the film adds some charm to these pictures!

SECOND CHALLENGE! Inspired by your Frontierland pictures, try to take pictures of vintage things. That + film = beautiful photo gold.
                      Thank you!!! NOS will definitely be a first stop on Sunday if the lighting is well. My last photo day was a hit or miss due to the clouds... The light was shifting all over the place. I'll try to get some nice architecture shots for you

Comment

Sunday November 22nd photos have arrived. Yay! I fulfilled Sir_Didymus' character request somewhat, and a little bit of niklj's.

Cruella tried to hide from people, but failed.

That's all I got for now from Sunday.

Comment

I love this thread
                          These are seriously some of the best pictures I have ever seen on MiceChat.

Comment

Lovely pictures, as always. :]
                            By the way, I was there on Sunday, too, and I was walking behind the castle, and I took a picture of the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique sign, and as soon as I took it I was like, "Dang. MGB already did this."
                            blogtwitterdeviantart

some cool cats:
                            - a113 - animekiti4christ - captianeo,atis - ckelef1 - cocoa - dapperjoshua - disneyizz -
                            disneylove - the disneylander - *disneyprincess* - disneyroyals411 - dmtnt55 - donald_duck -
                            - fangalicious44 - firebolt413 - gummibears_rock - ice101 - incrediboy - itsxxdomoxxkun -
                            - junglecruisefan - kablary - kritter -littleactressann - mainstreetjake - mandypandy - mikeskellington -
                            - padgerfan - performerinwaiting - ss77 - theoretical - thinkingofdisney11 - wendyinwonderland - williamtheking -

Comment

Originally posted by JungleCruiseFan View Post
                              I love this thread
                              These are seriously some of the best pictures I have ever seen on MiceChat.
                              Aww thank you so much. That means a lot

Originally posted by Colorized View Post
                              Lovely pictures, as always. :]
                              By the way, I was there on Sunday, too, and I was walking behind the castle, and I took a picture of the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique sign, and as soon as I took it I was like, "Dang. MGB already did this."
                              Hahaha! The good thing though is that your photo is unique to you, since you took it.

Comment

Originally posted by MonstersGoBoo! View Post
                                Hahaha! The good thing though is that your photo is unique to you, since you took it.
                                Haha. Anddd it has snow on the castle...and it's darker...whatever. I still like it, haha. It's surprisingly good for my camera.
                                blogtwitterdeviantart

some cool cats:

Comment

Sometimes I miss film, for my wedding photo's they were shot in digital and one of my friends took three photo's with film, those were the best and most amazing photo's! The color was so rich, I say, bring film back!
                                  Yaye!

Comment

Cool! Just saw these pictures and you have fulfilled the requirements of my challenge Hehe.

Great photos all around, some of them look like scans from Disneyland souvenir books! Can't wait for your next photo adventure!

Comment

uh.... mazing!!!!! I love them!

Comment

Aww thanks Nico!

Such a coincidence that you bumped this, since I had a little bit of fun with GIMP and did some selective coloring on one of my film photos:

I don't have anything fresh and new for you guys, but I do have two rolls of film left and hope to get some new photos soon

Comment

How'd I miss this thread MGB?? Great pictures, love that camera!!

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X