Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Pictures] What?! You use FILM? MGB's Around-the-Parks Film Photography Thread

Hello all. As we all know, the digital age keeps getting better and better. With uses of digital cameras, DSLR, HD video, 19 megapixel this and that, film seems to be the minority nowadays. Well, I do use digital, but I am in LOVE with film. I use a Minolta SR-101 (You can view the specs and the lens' I use here: http://micechat.com/forums/blogs/mon...ld-camera.html) and it's amazing.

Some of the photos I'll be posting have been seen here before in a trip report I did back in July. The main purpose of this thread is so I can showcase my favorite hobby (other than singing... ) and ALSO let you all have some nice digital copies of some of the photos. I'll also try to keep this updated as much as possible to give you all something fresh. Enjoy!

We'll start off by exploiting my brother. I absolutely love the depth of field on this photo, it's one of my favorites.

I do edit these photos because when I get them developed, I order a photo CD (lack of scanner, d'oh!). Excuse me while I be a little cliche but the clouds made a perfect backdrop for the icon of Disneyland.

- Insert cheesy Jungle Cruise joke about the backside of the castle here... Plus the Bibbidi-Bobbidi-Boutique sign -

BRING ON THE HUB!

I'll post more soon.
    Last edited by MonstersGoBoo!; 11-11-2009, 02:05 PM.

Re: What?! You use FILM? MGB's Around-the-Parks Film Photography Thread

I want your camera.

Cammie Dog: 3/27/05-6/28/09 God took you way too soon Protect your dog from heat stroke. It attacks and kills quickly.

Comment

I lurves it Dani! Keep 'em coming!

Comment

Nice shots! Film is so much fun, especially at Disneyland. I just brought an Oktomat this past Sunday.

Full set is here: Oktomat (Roll 1) - a set on Flickr

Comment

Awesome pictures! Not may people use actual film now days. Its nice to see someone keeping the tradition alive!

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Originally posted by AGhostFromThePast
          all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

Comment

I love the look of the film! Nice pictures!

Comment

So pretty, Danielle. I love 'em.

sigpic

Comment

Lovely photos. Gee, I miss my Vivitar 35mm camera already and having to change rolls often.

Comment

wow...those are very very good..it almost looks like digtal..can't wait to see more :clap:
                  "Your dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway." Walt Disney

[

Comment

Very awesome!

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
                    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
                    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Comment

Just in case anyone is wondering on how much editing I do on these... It's not much. If I have to, I bump up the brightness and then add a tad bit of saturation and that's basically it. I'm one of those people who tries to keep their photos as much to the original as possible. Some photos get special attention and needs, but I take those for that purpose (and I usually do it with my digital).

Continuing...

This was taken by Small World and I think I used my Macro lens for this... Can't remember

These are from my last batch which I got developed over the weekend, but took about a month ago. Lazy me!

I love my 50mm lens because I get to play with angles!

Vintage camera + Frontierland = Definite western feel.

The Tiki Room photos I took were my favorite of the entire roll.

Favorite picture from this roll:

I do have parade photos, but I doubt you guys want to see those . I'll be going to the parks tomorrow with my Minolta and getting some Haunted Mansion, NOS, Critter Country, and ToonTown shots. Once I get those developed they will be popping in here to say hello to you all!

Comment

I want to see the parade photos! The more the better!

Comment

Wow I don't want your camera I just want your artistic vision. Great photos. I can't wait to see what you come up with during tomorrow's film shoot.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by stevo505 View Post
                            I want to see the parade photos! The more the better!
                            Haha, just for you stevo.. Here you go!:

Pixar Play Parade is going to get it's own portion when I get to DCA photos.

Oh, and thank you everyone for all the nice comments.

Comment

Thank you. See, those are just beautiful!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X