This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Tomorrowland & the Holiday Season

So i was walking around the park tonight and while in tomorrowland a thought hit me, "Why isn't Tomorrowland decorated for the holiday season?"

Is there some sort of logical reason behind this? Is the holiday season of the future too hard to predict?

Any thoughts?

Re: Tomorrowland & the Holiday Season

Maybe Disney figures since most of Tomorrowland is so screwed up, there's no point? Maybe they actually DO have decorations-inside the attraction people visit, Space Mountain.

Space Mountain: Jolly Jingles!

Comment

I've seen poinsettias in the flower beds per each support to the Peoplemover track .. down the main concourse into Tomorrowland.

That's the most they've ever done.

It would be nice to see some Christmas trees around .. with unique lighting. But sadly .. this is the one land out of all them .. where they do pretty much close to nothing!

I guess we don't have Christmas time in the future (?)!

Lame
      MY SIGNATURE:
      Dear Peoplemover Fans, If you want to see a new attraction that at least mimics the 1967 Peoplemover in a future Tomorrowland remodel, you need to write to the powers-that-be, and let them know. If you don't - Then the next time Tomorrowland is remodeled, you will see a land barren of any "Peoplemover" type attraction.

Comment

Originally posted by Scurvy Pirate View Post
        So i was walking around the park tonight and while in tomorrowland a thought hit me, "Why isn't Tomorrowland decorated for the holiday season?"

Is there some sort of logical reason behind this? Is the holiday season of the future too hard to predict?

Any thoughts?
        You can take that stupid water ball, freeze the water and have snow flying out of it.
        Maybe the future no longer has Christmas. If enough ppl keep complaining, the government might make it a realistic thing.

I would love to see that drab area come alive with something like Christmas.
        Quote by Al:
        To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
        -Al Lutz

Comment

because when you decorate Tomorrowland for the holiday season, you might end up with something like this:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRP8ZHLXFL0]YouTube - "A Totally Tomorrowland Christmas" - First Show of 2009[/ame]
          - Adventure Is Waiting -

"We're going to take you out of this world of reality for a visit to the most fantastic of all the worlds of fantasy." - Walt Disney

Comment

Originally posted by nonob88 View Post
            because when you decorate Tomorrowland for the holiday season, you might end up with something like this:

YouTube - "A Totally Tomorrowland Christmas" - First Show of 2009

Do we get to have a Mike where his arm falls off
            That was funny
            Glad to see in WDW they build such well put together costumes

Still think TL needs some cheering up. It's ugly and not my favorite land.
            Mainstreet and NOS do a wonderful job. Even Frontierland is nice
            Quote by Al:
            To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
            -Al Lutz

Comment

Originally posted by DLFreak71 View Post

Still think TL needs some cheering up. It's ugly and not my favorite land.
              Mainstreet and NOS do a wonderful job. Even Frontierland is nice
              Putting garland and lights on the buildings in NOS and Main Street works very well though. I can't say putting some garland on Space Mountain's exterior would work out too well... I agree that Tomorrowland does needs some holiday decorating though!
              "I am he as you are he as you are me and we are all together"

Comment

I'm glad they don't do holiday layovers in Tomorrowland- it's a nice breath of fresh air when, in the rest of the park, you're overwhelmed (hyperbole, but you get my point... I hope) by holiday decorations.

Comment

Originally posted by dland_lover View Post
                  I'm glad they don't do holiday layovers in Tomorrowland- it's a nice breath of fresh air when, in the rest of the park, you're overwhelmed (hyperbole, but you get my point... I hope) by holiday decorations.
                  I don't think it needs to be crazy like NOS
                  but maybe some garland outlining the old PM track
                  That could look nice.
                  Quote by Al:
                  -Al Lutz

Comment

Originally posted by rajbonham View Post
                    Putting garland and lights on the buildings in NOS and Main Street works very well though. I can't say putting some garland on Space Mountain's exterior would work out too well... I agree that Tomorrowland does needs some holiday decorating though!
                    It doesn't have to garlands, it could be some futureistic interepretation of it! And last I checked, traditions don't get lost in time(well some) why should Christmas?

Comment

I want to see no holiday decorations in Tomorrowland at all... and that is all, from me.

Comment

Good gracious! That was all kinds of horrible! :yuck:

Comment

what about something semi-futuristic/non-traditional christmas? A Christmas tree made out of neon lights would be a nice touch IMO. Maybe something like this:

Or we can go even more high tech and have a similar "tree" to what's at L.A. LIVE adjacent to the Staples Center:
                          [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X87KG61t8-Y]YouTube - The Light of the Angels at LA Live[/ame]

Comment

I've been saying for forever and a day that they need to do something futuristic, an almost trend setter for holiday decorating of the future in Tomorrowland.

I've always wanted a light show choragraphed to christmas music as seen in this video, something eye widening amazing!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EFGOM6-ykAg"]YouTube- Selena Gomez and The Scene - Falling Down - [HD][/ame]

Comment

I was also going to post this.

Oh, the humanity... :bang:

Comment

Originally posted by Micoofy Duck View Post
                                I've been saying for forever and a day that they need to do something futuristic, an almost trend setter for holiday decorating of the future in Tomorrowland.

I've always wanted a light show choragraphed to christmas music as seen in this video, something eye widening amazing!

YouTube- Selena Gomez and The Scene - Falling Down - [HD]
                                I would love to see this as a wall.

Comment

I think some Decorations would be nice, Disney is suppose to have the best so I find it hard to believe the Imangers don't have any idea's to make the future more Chirstmasey.
                                  Happy Halloween!!!

Comment

In the future there is no Christmas.. only soylent Disney!

Comment

I think you could go with the '50s-style jet-age "moderne" style Christmas decorations that I've seen. That stuff even looks futuristic now. I'm sure there will be kitsch in the future.

Comment

True. It doesn't feel like Christmas in Tomorrowland.
                                        But it doesn't even feel like the future in Tomorrowland right now,
                                        and I would much rather they work on addressing that problem first.
                                        :blink: Bullets for Breakfast :blink:
                                        Join the party. Face the music.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X