Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Disneyland Refurbishments, Additions, and the thoughts of a teen Armchair Imagineer

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • [Idea] Disneyland Refurbishments, Additions, and the thoughts of a teen Armchair Imagineer

    ToonTown is slowly fading out of the scene. Most of the land is faded, and just not what it was back in the 90's. So, with all this hype of Tinkerbell, why not change Toontown, to Neverland? Note, I said NEVERLAND, not Pixie Hollow. There's too much controversy of Disney making boys land, and girls land, so, I'm doing something no one's thought of, COMBINING the two! Utilizing the buildings currently there, Neverland will contain the following, as noted by color.
    Red Area - Lost Boys Dark Ride/coaster. This will be an indoor/outdoor ride, going through all the expeditions of the lost boys.

    Tan Circle - The Hideout Area. This will be similar to Tom Sawyer's Island, with walkways, waterfalls, and Pan's Hideout, all tucked throughout the rollercoaster section of the Lost Boy's Ride.

    Pink Area - What is now the rumored Tinkerbell dark ride. Move the potential ride from the Motorboat area, to Neverland, and use the motorboat area now, for an addition to Autopia, or another Dark ride later on.

    Blue Circle - Pixie Hollow. Move the Pixie Hollow by TL to here, change Pixie Hollow to a nice wooded area with benches and interactive fountains already there. DL is lacking these areas.

    Lime Green Area - Move Peter Pan's Flight to where Roger Rabbit's Cartoon spin is, and add a Sleeping Beauty Dark ride where Peter Pan currently is.

    Yellow Area - Sit down restaurant themed to the Indian Camp scene in the movie Peter pan.

    Dark Green area- toontown train station - retheme to classic london train station.

    Not noted - the location where Donald Ducks boat is now, retheme to Jolly Roger, interactive areas, and a Peter Pan/Smee/Hook/Wendy meet and greet.
    (with this area, I have redesigned it on Rollercoaster Tycoon 2, I'll post screenshots of what I've done soon)

    Red Box in Fantasyland - as stated above, transplant Peter Pan's Flight to Neverland, and add a Sleeping Beauty dark ride. This could either be an "old style" ride, with the basic AA's, or bring in the high tech AA's..

    Blue Oval/ Fantasyland Theater - Take out, and put in a Sit down restaurant/themed dinner show, or redesign the theater. The tarps look so...carnival-like, and the concrete seats remind me of Shamu...

    With the old Festival Arena area, build an addition to Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, (promos inside the park could state they found a new mine to explore..). Take out the walkway currently there, dig a tunnel to and from that area, and add an expanded part of BTMRR there. This will also give them time to add new enhancements to the "old" part of the ride, and get things to work right again. (seems like the past 5 or 6 times I've gone, the ride's always shut down in the early AM, and broken down later in the afternoon/evening.

    Ok, I think that covers it for now, I'll add Tomorrowland in a few, I gotta grab some dinner and start on my homework!

  • #2
    Re: Disneyland Refurbishments, Additions, and the thoughts of a teen Armchair Imagine

    EDIT: Nevermind, just saw the post about the idea of moving Peter Pan's Flight.

    It's a pretty good idea, although I'd suggest something that isn't like a subgenre of Fantasyland you know?

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Disneyland Refurbishments, Additions, and the thoughts of a teen Armchair Imagine

      Originally posted by MainSreetJake View Post
      ToonTown is slowly fading out of the scene. Most of the land is faded, and just not what it was back in the 90's. So, with all this hype of Tinkerbell, why not change Toontown, to Neverland? Note, I said NEVERLAND, not Pixie Hollow. There's too much controversy of Disney making boys land, and girls land, so, I'm doing something no one's thought of, COMBINING the two! Utilizing the buildings currently there, Neverland will contain the following, as noted by color.
      Red Area - Lost Boys Dark Ride/coaster. This will be an indoor/outdoor ride, going through all the expeditions of the lost boys.

      Tan Circle - The Hideout Area. This will be similar to Tom Sawyer's Island, with walkways, waterfalls, and Pan's Hideout, all tucked throughout the rollercoaster section of the Lost Boy's Ride.

      Pink Area - What is now the rumored Tinkerbell dark ride. Move the potential ride from the Motorboat area, to Neverland, and use the motorboat area now, for an addition to Autopia, or another Dark ride later on.

      Blue Circle - Pixie Hollow. Move the Pixie Hollow by TL to here, change Pixie Hollow to a nice wooded area with benches and interactive fountains already there. DL is lacking these areas.

      Lime Green Area - Move Peter Pan's Flight to where Roger Rabbit's Cartoon spin is, and add a Sleeping Beauty Dark ride where Peter Pan currently is.

      Yellow Area - Sit down restaurant themed to the Indian Camp scene in the movie Peter pan.

      Dark Green area- toontown train station - retheme to classic london train station.

      Not noted - the location where Donald Ducks boat is now, retheme to Jolly Roger, interactive areas, and a Peter Pan/Smee/Hook/Wendy meet and greet.
      (with this area, I have redesigned it on Rollercoaster Tycoon 2, I'll post screenshots of what I've done soon)

      Red Box in Fantasyland - as stated above, transplant Peter Pan's Flight to Neverland, and add a Sleeping Beauty dark ride. This could either be an "old style" ride, with the basic AA's, or bring in the high tech AA's..

      Blue Oval/ Fantasyland Theater - Take out, and put in a Sit down restaurant/themed dinner show, or redesign the theater. The tarps look so...carnival-like, and the concrete seats remind me of Shamu...

      With the old Festival Arena area, build an addition to Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, (promos inside the park could state they found a new mine to explore..). Take out the walkway currently there, dig a tunnel to and from that area, and add an expanded part of BTMRR there. This will also give them time to add new enhancements to the "old" part of the ride, and get things to work right again. (seems like the past 5 or 6 times I've gone, the ride's always shut down in the early AM, and broken down later in the afternoon/evening.

      Ok, I think that covers it for now, I'll add Tomorrowland in a few, I gotta grab some dinner and start on my homework!
      I agree on one thing
      Toon Town should go
      Not sure why it was built
      Quote by Al:
      To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
      -Al Lutz


      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Disneyland Refurbishments, Additions, and the thoughts of a teen Armchair Imagine

        Originally posted by DLFreak71 View Post
        I agree on one thing
        Toon Town should go
        Not sure why it was built
        Yeah Toontown is pretty much garbage.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Disneyland Refurbishments, Additions, and the thoughts of a teen Armchair Imagine

          Originally posted by Mr. Gaston View Post
          EDIT: Nevermind, just saw the post about the idea of moving Peter Pan's Flight.
          dang, you changed it (edit) before I posted, so now it my point doesn't make sense.
          but my feelings about moving PPF are the same
          no,
          we're not moving it
          Quote by Al:
          To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
          -Al Lutz


          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Disneyland Refurbishments, Additions, and the thoughts of a teen Armchair Imagine

            Originally posted by DLFreak71 View Post
            dang, you changed it (edit) before I posted, so now it my point doesn't make sense.
            but my feelings about moving PPF are the same
            no,
            we're not moving it
            Why not? it'd be confusing to see PPF there, and not in the land that has everything else from the story. It's the same as moving the teacups and Alice in Wonderland to a Wonderland themed land.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Disneyland Refurbishments, Additions, and the thoughts of a teen Armchair Imagine

              Originally posted by MainSreetJake View Post
              Why not? it'd be confusing to see PPF there, and not in the land that has everything else from the story. It's the same as moving the teacups and Alice in Wonderland to a Wonderland themed land.
              If it wasn't an original ride (day of opening) and one that didn't have Walt's hand prints all over it
              I'd be with ya.
              And it's themed well for the area that it is in.
              It's a storybook area.
              Quote by Al:
              To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
              -Al Lutz


              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Disneyland Refurbishments, Additions, and the thoughts of a teen Armchair Imagine

                WDW is getting rid of their Toontown, so I would totally understand if Disneyland followed suit.
                The only thing I really like about Toontown is Roger Rabbit, to be completely honest. That's the only thing I'd be sad about loosing.

                Overall though, awesome idea!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Disneyland Refurbishments, Additions, and the thoughts of a teen Armchair Imagine

                  Originally posted by Moonie View Post
                  WDW is getting rid of their Toontown, so I would totally understand if Disneyland followed suit.
                  The only thing I really like about Toontown is Roger Rabbit, to be completely honest. That's the only thing I'd be sad about loosing.

                  Overall though, awesome idea!
                  I remember when it first opened.
                  Stood in line.
                  Thought it was going to be short.
                  That is one of the most deceiving lines that Disney has created.
                  Once I got on, I didn't think the ride warranted the long wait that I did.
                  Quote by Al:
                  To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
                  -Al Lutz


                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Disneyland Refurbishments, Additions, and the thoughts of a teen Armchair Imagine

                    Do not move Peter Pan's Flight or Chuck Norris will roundhouse kick you in your sleep!

                    But seriously, he'll probably be hiding in one of the boats and the second you get on he'll throw you off the ride for even mentioning that idea.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Disneyland Refurbishments, Additions, and the thoughts of a teen Armchair Imagine

                      Even if you don't like Pan, neither do I, it's still an original and still has very long waits... some longer than newer attractions.

                      Why don't we just get rid of Toontown- with the exception of Roger being now apart of Fantasyland- and making the rest of Toontown and the Princess Stage Halloweentown miniland...


                      shablam! best idea evaaaaa

                      one hundred and one

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Disneyland Refurbishments, Additions, and the thoughts of a teen Armchair Imagine

                        Tootown needs to stay. As someone who only goes to Disneyland every few years it is actually quite cool to explore and the random effects hidden throughout make the area unique. However, it seems like it is lacking in things to do besides walk throughs and could use another good D/E ticket. Currently the only real ride back there is a well themed queue with an "interesting" dark ride attached to it. haha

                        As for extending BTMRR, there is no need to just tack on track to the coaster. There are rules for how many sections (or blocks) the coaster is made for and just adding track is not usually possible as the whole ride would have to be calibrated, and Disney can't even advertise anything new even though they have used up space big enough to add a whole new land.

                        This is not to say though that Neverland would not make an amazing land, and I like your ideas, but I am somewhat agains't Disneyland with its limited real estate dedicating huge sections to single movies.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Disneyland Refurbishments, Additions, and the thoughts of a teen Armchair Imagine

                          Expanding a roller coaster is nearly impossible, let alone enormously expensive. The ride just wasn't designed for that and adding an addition might throw off it's physics. A separate, independent, new coaster might be a better--and cheaper-- way to go.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Disneyland Refurbishments, Additions, and the thoughts of a teen Armchair Imagine

                            when you were talking about different colored areas
                            i didn't see the photo
                            so i just thought toontown or neverland was gonna have different colored ground or something )

                            and i personally think toontown was a good idea
                            they just didn't put enough rides in there
                            but neverland is not a bad idea either
                            it has a land in it haha

                            oh and i think with the fantasyland/festival area or whatever
                            they should just constantly have shows or something
                            cause the ones they had
                            were really really really really good
                            (but according to my parents, belle forgot to question the music before "be our guest," they said i watched that movie too many times, sorry off topic)
                            Originally posted by JungleCruiseFan
                            You know what they say- The party don't start 'til Jordon walks in.
                            Originally posted by penguinsoda

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Disneyland Refurbishments, Additions, and the thoughts of a teen Armchair Imagine

                              Hi Guys this is my first post here on Micechat WOOOOO!!!

                              For me Toon Town is an essential part of Disneyland seeing as it is those characters that started it all.

                              What I would like to see is a major upgrade. WHY ISN'T THERE A MICKEY MOUSE DARK RIDE!!!!!!!

                              But even if it is left alone Toon Town is Amazing Compared to the awful excuse for attractions we have over here in Australia haha

                              Comment


                              • #16
                                Re: Disneyland Refurbishments, Additions, and the thoughts of a teen Armchair Imagine

                                WOOOOOHOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

                                Welcome to MiceChat!!! :wave:
                                Originally posted by JungleCruiseFan
                                You know what they say- The party don't start 'til Jordon walks in.
                                Originally posted by penguinsoda

                                Comment


                                • #17
                                  Re: Disneyland Refurbishments, Additions, and the thoughts of a teen Armchair Imagine

                                  I love the ideas, but removing Roger Rabbit would be a travesty. It's my favourite dark ride at the resort. Now, if they would move it to DCA...then we have a deal.

                                  Another issue with beefing up Toontown or whatever replaces it is fireworks. The land must be closed when fireworks are going on, so Disney is reluctant to spend money on several attractions that would only be open till dusk.
                                  Women, they make the highs higher and the lows more frequent.

                                  Comment


                                  • #18
                                    Re: Disneyland Refurbishments, Additions, and the thoughts of a teen Armchair Imagine

                                    man so many good points
                                    i don't know what side to be on!
                                    Originally posted by JungleCruiseFan
                                    You know what they say- The party don't start 'til Jordon walks in.
                                    Originally posted by penguinsoda

                                    Comment


                                    • #19
                                      Re: Disneyland Refurbishments, Additions, and the thoughts of a teen Armchair Imagine

                                      Thanks for the Welcome!

                                      Yeah I guess the fireworks would be a large issue.

                                      Im not a fan of moving attractions round. It would end up costing HUGE amounts of money. But I do love the idea for new dark rides. I cant get enough of them. Why has there still been no plans to construct a Beauty and the Beast dark ride???? I know fans have been calling for one for ages. It is the perfect dark ride for fantasyland I mean the film won an Academy Award!!!

                                      I also think whether it be in Toon Town or not, that there should be some sort of ride based on mickey mouse! Its crazy haha

                                      Comment


                                      • #20
                                        Re: Disneyland Refurbishments, Additions, and the thoughts of a teen Armchair Imagine

                                        I think toon town just needs a refurbishment. has anyone looked at an overview of the TDL version of toon town verses the disneyland version? the tokyo version has massive 3d hills in the background, while we just have layers of cheep cut outs, also, currently, toon town is just a barren concrete jungle. If you look at the tokyo version, it is covered in trees. adding trees would make it easier to spend more time in toon town. Also reopen a couple of rides that closed, like the chip and dale slide and jolly trolly.

                                        Comment

                                        Get Away Today Footer

                                        Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X