This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Fantasyland Theater

Forgive me if the answer to this question is obvious (I have not been to DL in 2 years), but what is the current use of the Fantasyland Theater?

I ask because as I was looking on Google Earth, I realized how much space it takes up. I then thought of how it could be used for a fairly large new attraction. When last I saw it, it was a princes fair thing. I think that could be sacrificed for a new attraction, but if there's a show in there...then maybe not.

Here's the Google Earth photo.
    I included the IASW Show building to show how something very substantial could be there. The room from the theaters absence alone would be enough, but add any unused space over in the BBQ area, and you have room for an E-ticket!
    Click here for most recent TR with night shots of Tomorrowland! (WDW)

WDW Photo update <Hidden Mickeys - Details - and SM with the lights on>

Re: Fantasyland Theater

If I'm not mistaken, that space is currently used for the character meet-and-greet called Princess Fantasy Fair. (Or is it Princess Fun Faire?).
    Dead Mice Tell No Tails!

Comment

Is the giant grey thing behing IASW an entirely dedicated show building? That's huge!

Never realized how large it was......

Comment

Originally posted by BiggestDisneyFan View Post
        If I'm not mistaken, that space is currently used for the character meet-and-greet called Princess Fantasy Fair. (Or is it Princess Fun Faire?).
        Oh, then I just became even more excited for my idea! It seams like an awfully large area to be taken up by only a meet -n- greet, so I purpose a new section of Fantasyland!

Yellow/Gold represents the walkways, which would filter somehow into BTR.
        Blue represents the old Skyway Station, which would be renovated into a restaurant, keeping as many of the big trees near it as possible.
        Red represents a brand new dark ride: Beauty and the Beast.

Black, represents the maintenance road.
        Grey would be the tunnel.

The entire area (represented by color Green) would be woodsy. The idea being, that you would feel like you were walking through the Alps. On one side, would be what appears to be an old castle (housing Beauty and the Beast), and the other is an alpine restaurant with views of the rest of Fantasyland. I think this would transition fairly well going into FrL.

Comment

Originally posted by Mtsplash View Post
          Blue represents the old Skyway Station, which would be renovated into a restaurant, keeping as many of the big trees near it as possible.

The entire area (represented by color Green) would be woodsy. The idea being, that you would feel like you were walking through the Alps. On one side, would be what appears to be an old castle (housing Beauty and the Beast), and the other is an alpine restaurant with views of the rest of Fantasyland. I think this would transition fairly well going into FrL.
          Cool idea, however, I think the show building might need to be somewhat bigger.

Comment

Originally posted by Alex E View Post
            or just make the ride small ) jk
            i still just think they should just constantly have a show there
            like they do at DCA with aladdin
            the beauty and the beast and pocahontas shows were both fantastic
            haha i was just typing this not even 5 minutes ago
            wow i get sooo distracted
            Originally posted by JungleCruiseFan
            You know what they say- The party don't start 'til Jordon walks in.
            Originally posted by penguinsoda

Comment

Originally posted by Mtsplash View Post

Well most of that is necessary backstage areas. For instance right in back of PFF is a storage area for alot of HMH stuff and there is a CM breakroom there as well as custodial closets and a BRAND NEW freezer for ODV soo yeaahh.

Comment

Perhaps bigger but not taller. You can already see part of the top of the PFF tent behind the castle as you walk down Main Street. So while it would be great if it were torn down, the show building that replaces it must be shorter in height than the PFF tent.

As far as overall size I think it's enough room for a modest dark ride. Look at the buildings surrounding the castle. Each one of those buildings contain two or three dark rides and they are not all that big of a building.

Anyways. This us the best idea I've seen so far for this area!

Comment

I disagree. Rodger Rabbit CS is a fairly lengthy dark ride, and it doesn't feel small inside like some FL dark rides do. It's show building is clearly visible in the picture, and you can see how easily it would fit in the area I purpose.

Originally posted by serviceelevator View Post
                  Well most of that is necessary backstage areas. For instance right in back of PFF is a storage area for alot of HMH stuff and there is a CM breakroom there as well as custodial closets and a BRAND NEW freezer for ODV soo yeaahh.
                  Hmmm.. Good point, but I won't fold yet! If the lessons from WDW and NOS were applied, the CM areas and such would be underground. In my rendering, I accounted for the utility road by putting it underground. I thought that the rest of the backstage area could underground too, but I didn't feel like coloring it in. Some of the dark ride could go down as well (just like LM).

Originally posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
                  Perhaps bigger but not taller. You can already see part of the top of the PFF tent behind the castle as you walk down Main Street. So while it would be great if it were torn down, the show building that replaces it must be shorter in height than the PFF tent.

As far as overall size I think it's enough room for a modest dark ride. Look at the buildings surrounding the castle. Each one of those buildings contain two or three dark rides and they are not all that big of a building.

Anyways. This us the best idea I've seen so far for this area!
                  Yea, definitely not taller, but as I said before, utilize underground as much as possible.

Thanks BTW!

Comment

Comment

Better yet, resurrect the mine train ride in frontierland, demolish the BTRBBQ and build a large burm for the mine ride. Snake the mine ride around the burm about 2 stories above the floor level for the land expansion in fantasyland. Build a large show building in the burm at floor level below the mine ride.

Comment

Wow that building looks like 1/2 the size of toontown. I'm definitely looking for that next time.

Comment

Originally posted by WestsideCM99 View Post
                          Better yet, resurrect the mine train ride in frontierland, demolish the BTRBBQ and build a large burm for the mine ride. Snake the mine ride around the burm about 2 stories above the floor level for the land expansion in fantasyland. Build a large show building in the burm at floor level below the mine ride.
                          Thank God someone on this site finally agrees with something I want to see happen.

Originally posted by Mr. Potato Head View Post
                          Wow that building looks like 1/2 the size of toontown. I'm definitely looking for that next time.

Comment

Originally posted by WestsideCM99 View Post
                            That's a good idea! It's kind of like how the Subs go under Autopia and the Monorail. hmmm... and with Beauty and the Beast taking up room near the Toontown RR station, what if we moved that to Frontierland! That would leave us with this...

The Yellow line is the total Frontier expansion.
                            Blue is the space UNDER the new Frontierland area, which would be the underground show building for Beauty and the Beast.
                            The Red line shows how a facade for the dark ride would hide whatever is in the FrL area.
                            Green is the edge of the possible mine train ride.
                            The Orange box next to the RR is the new Frontierland Station.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Potato Head View Post
                              Is the giant grey thing behing IASW an entirely dedicated show building? That's huge!

Never realized how large it was......
                              yup
                              it's a good size ride
                              Quote by Al:
                              To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
                              -Al Lutz

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X