Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What effect do you think the Tom Staggs/Jay Rasulo changeup will have on Disneyland?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What effect do you think the Tom Staggs/Jay Rasulo changeup will have on Disneyla

The new boss will want to dump the "darlings" of the previous boss.

Comment

Re: What effect do you think the Tom Staggs/Jay Rasulo changeup will have on Disneyla

Originally posted by Jachywalcott View Post
      I'm beginning to wonder if maybe Lasseter should be making a bid for creative control of the parks. I mean, his animation responsibilities put a lot on his plate already but if anyone's qualified to take over the parks... Maybe put one of the other high-up Pixar guys in charge of Animation?
      That would work well for me.
      Do you feel that Finding Nemo:SV is an ideal DL attraction? Because remember John L stuck his nose in there to make it what it is... and honestly I think it's miserable. Toy Story MM also came out under his watchful eye.. and that's not really seen as fantastic by traditionalist fans.

Where is John L's track record to say he'd be good for running the parks ?
      Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
      Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Originally posted by sleepyjeff
      Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

Comment

Originally posted by MrLiver View Post
        And seeing how they decided to keep Jay (and even give him a promotion), it just proves that Iger and the rest are quite happy with the direction that Jay has taken the parks.
        That's what concerns me.

Comment

Originally posted by whamo View Post
          The new boss will want to dump the "darlings" of the previous boss.
          YES new boss have his own team..... You might have something...
          That can be good? also can be worst?
          Last edited by Eagleman; 11-18-2009, 07:59 AM.
          Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Originally posted by flynnibus View Post
            Do you feel that Finding Nemo:SV is an ideal DL attraction? Because remember John L stuck his nose in there to make it what it is... and honestly I think it's miserable. Toy Story MM also came out under his watchful eye.. and that's not really seen as fantastic by traditionalist fans.

Where is John L's track record to say he'd be good for running the parks ?
            I wonder though, is it coming to the point where someone with SOME creativity (like or dislike of Lasseter's work aside) is better for the health of the parks than another bean counting, sharp pencileer?

A kind of lesser of two evils thing?

Comment

I am not sure what to make of this but I am going to take a wait and see approach. Just because Tom was CFO doesn't mean that he is a bean counter. I believe that Tom is relatively young so this move may be to give him broader experience within the Disney businesses which are certainly much larger than just the theme parks. If he felt it was a demotion, he would have just left so I think there are bigger things going on here.
              The Mur

Comment

Originally posted by whitestrat View Post
                I wonder though, is it coming to the point where someone with SOME creativity (like or dislike of Lasseter's work aside) is better for the health of the parks than another bean counting, sharp pencileer?

A kind of lesser of two evils thing?
                This assumes the person has no creativity at all... (a stretch..) and that a person with creativity can offset the other things they lack needed for such a job.

What you need is a person that lets the people they hired to do the work.. do it.. and be able to objectively take in all sides when making decisions. You can't be a accountant trying to be a show designer... and you can't be a show designer trying to be an accountant. You have to build experts at each and bring them together to build the best overall product.
                Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
                Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Originally posted by sleepyjeff
                Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

Comment

This change probably means we will see more brilliant concepts in terms of pricing in every avenue of the "parks"

More charges, add on fee's more 99 cent charges for tomato slices on burgers and probably more reductions in live entertainment and live man power.

Cutting costs, increasing profits, short term numbers gain is the name of the game for executives just trying to make numbers for the quarter.
                  Maintaining the true Disney "Magic" and showmanship are not factored into these peoples equations.

Comment

Honestly they basically swapped Jay Rasolu for Paul Pressler. I seriously can't decide which of the two is worst. Look at Staggs history all he knows is finance and strategic planning (the group that prevented WDI from building anything to eleborate stateside). He doesn't know anything about creativity, Disney history, the imagineering process, etc. When he joined the company in the 90s it was already heading down a bad path and he just assumse thats how its always been. He is only interested in brand leveraging and increasing capital expenditures (aka nickel and diming customers and offering less impressive attractions at a reduced cost)

Comment

Originally posted by CAspace View Post
                      This change probably means we will see more brilliant concepts in terms of pricing in every avenue of the "parks"

More charges, add on fee's more 99 cent charges for tomato slices on burgers and probably more reductions in live entertainment and live man power.

Cutting costs, increasing profits, short term numbers gain is the name of the game for executives just trying to make numbers for the quarter.
                      Maintaining the true Disney "Magic" and showmanship are not factored into these peoples equations.
                      This pretty much sums up what a good portion of us think. The last sentence especially. Disney like any other business is stuck in a flat economy right now and they are scrambling to do whatever it takes to save their butts while at the same time trying to sustain their primary concern which is the expansion of their Parks and Resorts across the globe.

Comment

Originally posted by WestsideCM99 View Post
                        This pretty much sums up what a good portion of us think. The last sentence especially. Disney like any other business is stuck in a flat economy right now and they are scrambling to do whatever it takes to save their butts while at the same time trying to sustain their primary concern which is the expansion of their Parks and Resorts across the globe.
                        It sound like the Rome Empire - When would they FALL?
                        Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X