Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My name is **** and I'm a monthly payment plan AP

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • [Other] My name is **** and I'm a monthly payment plan AP

    I'm compelled to admit that I am a 2009 monthly AP. As a kid and teenager my parents could afford getting me a regular AP every year .For almost 4 years when I was a CM I had the ultimate AP (my employee ID). Then came student loan debt, home and transportation costs, and other responsibilities that come with raising my own family. I could not afford to spend a lump sum of money to get the type of annual pass that my wife and I wanted.. that was until the monthly payment plan came out. So after an almost 7 yr hiatus I am back in the parks with unlimited access and the freedom to do whatever I want, when I want AND I can share it all with my family. I couldn't be happier right??

    I have to admit that this whole year was sorta dissappointing. I thought it would be great to be able to go to Disneyland all the time but it just seems like its always too crowded to enjoy after 11am. I must admit that it's a breeze getting food in the parks because nobody eats there anymore and there's never a line at the registers to buy merchandise and at the same time the fried Chicken has gotten smaller and overcooked and the affordable merchandise is not worth getting really. I look at my reflection in the main street shop windows, I see the look on my wife's face, and I can tell that we both are getting stressed out to a certain extent on park visits. So now I'm contemplating if renewing is going to be worth it. Is it going to be worth waking up at 4am everytime to ensure that we get the full 3-4 hours of peace before the crowds come in (I live in San Diego)? Is it going to be worth having to worry about finding a parking spot in less than 90 minutes? Is it worth having any worry at all??

    Does anybody share the same feeling(s) that I have about renewing or do you think that I'm blowing things out of proportion?

  • #2
    Re: My name is **** and I'm a monthly payment plan AP

    I have a family of 4. We renewed the kids at full price and my wife and I did the payment plan. if I knew how it worked from the get go I would have done the payment plan for all 4 of us. If Disney allows us to get an interest free loan, why in the world wouldn't we take it?

    Actually the kids renew earlier then the adults and that why we did it this way.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: My name is **** and I'm a monthly payment plan AP

      I didn't renew because between January and April (when our AP's expired) we barely used our AP's due specifically to crowds. Everything that has transpired since has led me to believe that we made the right decision.
      "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

      sigpic

      "Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: My name is **** and I'm a monthly payment plan AP

        Originally posted by WestsideCM99 View Post
        Is it going to be worth waking up at 4am everytime to ensure that we get the full 3-4 hours of peace before the crowds come in (I live in San Diego)? Is it going to be worth having to worry about finding a parking spot in less than 90 minutes? Is it worth having any worry at all??
        There's a reason Christmas only comes once a year
        Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: My name is **** and I'm a monthly payment plan AP

          I have never denied that we used the payment plan this year. It get's taken out of our checking account once a month. When your paying for 5 passes, every little bit helps.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: My name is **** and I'm a monthly payment plan AP

            I have not faulted anyone for taking advantage of the payment plan. Had we renewed we would have been in the same boat with 5 AP's... Our decision was based on the increased crowds that clogged the park from January to April. I won't fault people for taking advantage of the option, but I also won't sugarcoat the effects of a drastically increased AP population. For us it was entirely too many people, and too much of a hassle for the substantial investment we would have to make. There are other less crowded SoCal offerings that will gladly accept our hard earned money...
            "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

            sigpic

            "Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: My name is **** and I'm a monthly payment plan AP

              Originally posted by sleepyjeff View Post
              There's a reason Christmas only comes once a year
              yeah but the craziness christmas has started to come with makes it seem like christmas begins the day after thanksgiving.

              heck this year it's already christmas according to the stores!
              Originally posted by JungleCruiseFan
              You know what they say- The party don't start 'til Jordon walks in.
              Originally posted by penguinsoda

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: My name is **** and I'm a monthly payment plan AP

                Originally posted by GummiBears_Rock View Post
                yeah but the craziness christmas has started to come with makes it seem like christmas begins the day after thanksgiving.

                heck this year it's already christmas according to the stores!
                I remember the year Disney put up their tree on Halloween... people were complaining in City Hall.
                "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

                sigpic

                "Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: My name is **** and I'm a monthly payment plan AP

                  I also went with the payment plan this year, and will probably renew in January. I will probably not go for the payment plan this time. But the crowds have been tough this year. I have only been about 10 times this year as compared to over 40 last year. Still got my money's worth, but I miss the days when you could just go after work for a few hours.
                  Keith





                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: My name is **** and I'm a monthly payment plan AP

                    I don't think Disney had any clue how successful their promotions were going to be this year.

                    People saw a convenient way to have something they wanted, and they got on board. There was nothing wrong with that.

                    I'll openly admit that I was at Disneyland bright and early on my birthday to get my gift card! I gladly got free merchandise with that card. I wouldn't criticize someone else who purchased an annual pass on a payment plan.

                    However, something does need to be addressed and changed. The birthday promotion is almost gone (yay!), and the new "Give a day..." promotion seems like a fabulous way to give admittance to the Disney fans who really want it (and in turn hopefully benefitting the community).

                    It will be interesting to see what else Disney changes or tweaks in order to bring the attendance vs. profit situation into balance.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: My name is **** and I'm a monthly payment plan AP

                      Originally posted by CinderellaStory View Post
                      It will be interesting to see what else Disney changes or tweaks in order to bring the attendance vs. profit situation into balance.
                      well it better be good.

                      just saying.
                      Originally posted by JungleCruiseFan
                      You know what they say- The party don't start 'til Jordon walks in.
                      Originally posted by penguinsoda

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: My name is **** and I'm a monthly payment plan AP

                        Originally posted by techskip View Post
                        I have not faulted anyone for taking advantage of the payment plan. Had we renewed we would have been in the same boat with 5 AP's... Our decision was based on the increased crowds that clogged the park from January to April. I won't fault people for taking advantage of the option, but I also won't sugarcoat the effects of a drastically increased AP population. For us it was entirely too many people, and too much of a hassle for the substantial investment we would have to make. There are other less crowded SoCal offerings that will gladly accept our hard earned money...
                        I'm with skip.
                        If someone gave me an option where I could pay little by little
                        I would do it (and I'd say most ppl on here would too).
                        I think why ppl are saying get rid of PP is b/c they say the park is "crowded" and blame it on the fact that there are more AP's than usual.
                        If you don't want too many AP's, then you have to get rid of something (payment plan seems to be ONE of these fixes...small, but a step).
                        I don't mind the crowds--my day isn't ruined b/c of them (I will admit anything 2 hr+ wait, then it's bad---45 minutes isn't that bad and most rides are 45 or less). And those who think Disneyland will never have lines are just living in a Fantasyland. The only way you wouldn't have lines is if you made Disneyland an elite club, and Walt didn't build his park to become some "member's only" park.
                        Quote by Al:
                        To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
                        -Al Lutz


                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: My name is **** and I'm a monthly payment plan AP

                          Originally posted by CinderellaStory View Post
                          I don't think Disney had any clue how successful their promotions were going to be this year.

                          People saw a convenient way to have something they wanted, and they got on board. There was nothing wrong with that.

                          I'll openly admit that I was at Disneyland bright and early on my birthday to get my gift card! I gladly got free merchandise with that card. I wouldn't criticize someone else who purchased an annual pass on a payment plan.

                          However, something does need to be addressed and changed. The birthday promotion is almost gone (yay!), and the new "Give a day..." promotion seems like a fabulous way to give admittance to the Disney fans who really want it (and in turn hopefully benefitting the community).

                          It will be interesting to see what else Disney changes or tweaks in order to bring the attendance vs. profit situation into balance.
                          That's another thing (and this has nothing against Cinderella Story -- infact don't blame for doing)
                          But why would you give an AP FULL AMOUNT (price of a day pass) back on a gift card?
                          We never paid full price. AP is basically a discount (buy in bulk basically).
                          And then allow ppl to take the same card and buy into an AP pass.
                          I say give the AP a free cookie, slice of cake or something...but not $72.00 (at the most take the AP price then divide out how many days they used the park the previous year...with the average cost from that, then put it on a gift card).
                          Last edited by DLFreak71; 11-13-2009, 04:49 PM.
                          Quote by Al:
                          To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
                          -Al Lutz


                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: My name is **** and I'm a monthly payment plan AP

                            Originally posted by DLFreak71 View Post
                            That's another thing (and this has nothing against Cinderella Story -- infact don't blame for doing)
                            But why would you give an AP FULL AMOUNT (price of a day pass) back on a gift card?
                            We never paid full price. AP is basically a discount (buy in bulk basically).
                            And then allow ppl to take the same card and buy into an AP pass.
                            I say give the AP a free cookie, slice of cake or something...but not $72.00 (at the most take the AP price then divide out how many days they used the park they previous year...with the average cost from that, then put it on a gift card).
                            Actually, my mother-in-law took advantage of the "dream fastpass" option for our group when we went for her birthday. I don't know why they didn't just give that to all the AP's for their birthday gift. It made the day SOOOO much better. And it was much more cost efficient than handing out money.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: My name is **** and I'm a monthly payment plan AP

                              Originally posted by CinderellaStory View Post
                              Actually, my mother-in-law took advantage of the "dream fastpass" option for our group when we went for her birthday. I don't know why they didn't just give that to all the AP's for their birthday gift. It made the day SOOOO much better. And it was much more cost efficient than handing out money.
                              That's right there was that option.
                              All it cost them was the plastic/paper to print the pass.
                              And yes, very cost effective.
                              The printing is about the same price as a piece of cake or cookie...but so much cooler b/c you can get on rides w/ less wait.
                              Quote by Al:
                              To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
                              -Al Lutz


                              Comment


                              • #16
                                Re: My name is **** and I'm a monthly payment plan AP

                                i got APs on monthly payments yesterday, when we were at DL. i personally like it as we just dont have the money to spend what they want for 3 APs. Even though we chose the Select, at least i can go the during the weekdays (which is when we go). I'm not ashamed to admit it, as i'm financially challenged at times
                                if i cant be a good example, let me be a horrible warning

                                Comment


                                • #17
                                  Re: My name is **** and I'm a monthly payment plan AP

                                  but if you have noticed g/c are not an option with the 2010 promotion give a day get a day. You can get 72.00 off your AP renewal.

                                  Comment


                                  • #18
                                    Re: My name is **** and I'm a monthly payment plan AP

                                    Originally posted by disneylandkitty View Post
                                    but if you have noticed g/c are not an option with the 2010 promotion give a day get a day. You can get 72.00 off your AP renewal.
                                    I still don't understand this.
                                    You shouldn't get $72.00 when you never paid $72.00 to get in.
                                    Give them a fast pass.
                                    Just not a value that was never paid in the first place.
                                    Quote by Al:
                                    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
                                    -Al Lutz


                                    Comment


                                    • #19
                                      Re: My name is **** and I'm a monthly payment plan AP

                                      you can renew your pass with them giving 72.00. You can get a fast pass card or a pair of mickey ears and a figure. I like the g/c and yes i go enough to deserve one. I'm there once or twice EVERY week. Tomorrow will be my third time going this week. I have spent money there to I've gotten an ice coffee, slice of pizza, soda, life game 40.00 and the movie up 24.00. This was in two days. Can't wait to see what I but tomorrow.

                                      Comment


                                      • #20
                                        Re: My name is **** and I'm a monthly payment plan AP

                                        Originally posted by disneylandkitty View Post
                                        you can renew your pass with them giving 72.00. You can get a fast pass card or a pair of mickey ears and a figure. I like the g/c and yes i go enough to deserve one. I'm there once or twice EVERY week. Tomorrow will be my third time going this week. I have spent money there to I've gotten an ice coffee, slice of pizza, soda, life game 40.00 and the movie up 24.00. This was in two days. Can't wait to see what I but tomorrow.
                                        Just choose your post b/c it was the last one
                                        (don't take offense--not aimed at you)

                                        Once again,
                                        I don't see why AP get that money off/back.
                                        Divide how many times you have gone.
                                        (Example) Those who go three times a week (deluxe @ $269.00), that's 156 visits
                                        You have paid approx $1.73 per visit (that's quite the discounted rate) vs. the person that came in for the day $72.00 (your savings: $70.27)
                                        Still not sure why $72.00 is being given, you've already saved so much money off entrance fees)
                                        Quote by Al:
                                        To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
                                        -Al Lutz


                                        Comment

                                        Get Away Today Footer

                                        Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X