Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Chat] I finally had my first Dole Whip :) - and it wasn't in Disneyland! :o

The other day, my mother and I were walking past some shops in Pismo Beach (not far from where I live) when I noticed a sign in a Dreyer's ice cream shop that said "Disneyland." I thought it was going to be a "Win a trip" contest, but then I saw that it said that they sold Dole Whips, "made famous at Disneyland." Mom and I both got one and they were delicious! What I found amusing was how special it seemed to me just because they were "from Disneyland." If it had been a "Universal Studios Dole Whip," I can't imagine getting that excited about it. (Also, it's because everyone on here always talks about them ).
    "Happy Working Song" parody for DCA remodel: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-TYESfNTP8&feature=plcp

Retro Rant Review of "The Hunchback of Notre Dame II" (comedy review of direct-to-video
    Disney sequel):
    Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/user/animagus.../1/q1j7FU8QXu0
    Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/user/animagus.../0/sasNTMDRBLU

Retro Rant Review of "Home on the Range" (comedy review of Disney movie):
    Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7mC-...feature=relmfu
    Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qoUie...feature=relmfu
    Part 3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3Vea...feature=relmfu

Visit my site: http://www.vividgroovy.com

Pratfall the albatross superheroine visits the Carthay Circle Theatre.

Re: I finally had my first Dole Whip - and it wasn't in Disneyland! :o

I love Dole Whips! I usually get a couple of them each day I'm at DL.

The kids go nuts over them too.

I didn't know they were available anywhere else but DL.

Rob

Comment

Hey, that's cool. If they were available within a 100 mile drive of were I live, you would find me there at least once a month. Of course, I've only had them at DL, so they may not taste as special outside the parks.

Comment

they're available in hawaii at the dole pineapple factory. but it's just not the same... haha

Comment

Congratulations on you first Dole Whip!

Comment

Does it count if it wasn't at Disneyland?? Yeah, I guess it does. lol

I am the only one in my family who likes the Whip. Oh, I am not complaining. I get to eat the WHOLE thing!
            sigpic
            Hidden Mickey - Historical fiction about Walt that mixes action and mystery with time travel and fantasy! Tweens to adults will enjoy these novels. And now, three gamebooks to play in Disneyland, DCA and WDW Magic Kingdom!

Check out my six action/adventure novels about Walt's lost diary and his epic quest. Visit my blog page!

Sometimes Dead Men DO Tell Tales!

Comment

where in Pismo is the dryer's shop? down by the pier?

Comment

My first Dole whip was at the Dole Plantation in Oauhu, Hawaii. I've never seen that place in Pismo, I guess I'll just have to keep an eye out next time I go to the beach.
                "Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined." -Henry David Thoreau

Comment

California's Great America sells pineapple Dole Whip at the Country Fair Food Festival. unfortunately they just closed for the season until spring 2010 . I would stop by once or twice a month for a couple of rides and a Dole Whip.

I haven't found any other place that sells pineapple Dole Whip in the San Francisco Bay Area. I'll have to check out the Dreyer's Ice Cream shops to see if they have them here.

any other non-Disney pineapple Dole Whip locations out there?

Comment

Tutu's Ice Cream Shack/Shave Ice in Simi Valley.

They have Dole Whips, and not just in pineapple. They also have authentic Hawaiian shave ice and a lot of flavors of ice cream.

btw...ANimagus, I love Pismo Beach! We spent a week there about a year and a half ago, having a totally relaxing time.

Comment

You can buy the mix for it and make it at home.

Man, I love those things!!!

Comment

I still have never tried one, despite visiting Disneyland for about 40 years ... Maybe I should try one?
                        sigpic

Comment

They're all over Oahu...
                          -Bill

Comment

You can have the real-deal anytime you like!

Just click here:

Precision Foods - Food Service - Branded Solutions

Enjoy! :thumbup:

Comment

Originally posted by OC2Epcot View Post
                              I still have never tried one, despite visiting Disneyland for about 40 years ... Maybe I should try one?
                              Yes, as soon as possible.. I loves me some DW...

Comment

I have try one....
                                o man line are so long...........
                                Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

hurrah for the spread of dole whips! i would like to try the other flavors.
                                  "And all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by" (John Masefield)

Comment

hhmmm... I have yet to try these... I really dont like pineapple though...

Comment

Originally posted by PirateMickey View Post
                                      You can have the real-deal anytime you like!

Just click here:

Precision Foods - Food Service - Branded Solutions

Enjoy! :thumbup:
                                      Only problem is they want to sell you it by the whole case. Which isn't that bad because the dry mix has a long shelf life, you just have to pony up a good chunk of change in advance.

And you have to have a good motorized and refrigerated ice cream maker to get the right consistency at home.

They do sell it to restaurants and ice cream shops, the trick is finding one nearby.

Animagus: That shop could get in big trouble invoking the name Disneyland in their advertising or with a sign on the premises, because I can guarantee they haven't asked permission... And if they did, it wouldn't be granted unless palms were well greased.

--<< Bruce >>--
                                      There's No Place Like 127.0.0.1

Comment

It's funny. We had Dole Whips here in Victoria, BC in the early 80's at the mall (a hotdog/malt stand sold them). I never thought it was a big deal. I liked them, but they were nothing that special IMO. i usually get 1 when we go to Disneyland (every 2 years or so).

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X