This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Idea] Neglected Movies At DL?

What movies, or themes, do you feel have been neglected at DL?

For Toontown, I would love to incorporate Oliver & Company and A Goofy Movie. Possibly a Powerline show? Complete with Max and Goofy by his side for the closing song! Max could also come out in a Powerline costume for "Stand Out" and try to steal the show. That would provide some good entertainment, especially for anyone born in the 90's (like myself) and before, and bring in some new younger fans!

I love The Rescuers, but I'm not quite sure where that would even fit. It would have to be executed in a way that won't seem to outdated for the youngsters. Any ideas? Possibly something relating to the mouse UN, from the first portion of the film, could work in Adventureland?

Of course there can't be a dark ride for every movie, so what other ways could your favorite stories/characters be represented? What about other types of themes do you feel the park is lacking? Dark ride ideas are welcome as well, I love reading through detailed concepts!

Re: Neglected Movies At DL?

How about removing some movie based rides for something orginial?

Comment

yeah i would really like to see some more original rides
      now and days all the new rides are from movies
      and that's fine and all
      but i would like to see some original rides

about the movies
      obviously beauty and the beast is very neglected
      i would like to see aladdin have a ride, and not that oasis thing
      oh wait they got a broadway show, nevermind.

no pocahontas! they need a ride!!
      and hercules
      and the hunchback of notre dame

which is funny because those are my top 3 disney movies
      Last edited by GummiBears_Rock; 11-14-2009, 12:53 PM. Reason: i had to bring in the groceries
      Originally posted by JungleCruiseFan
      You know what they say- The party don't start 'til Jordon walks in.
      Originally posted by penguinsoda

Comment

So for original rides, what themes would be most interesting? Maybe some South American flava' in Adventureland, perhaps something centered around the Incas.

Comment

13 Academy Award nominations, more than any other Disney film... Won 5 Academy awards.... the top-grossing film of 1964... Still no dedicated attraction, 45 years later.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Weaver View Post
            13 Academy Award nominations, more than any other Disney film... Won 5 Academy awards.... the top-grossing film of 1964... Still no dedicated attraction, 45 years later.
            you make a good point Mr. Weaver.

as for the original rides, i like that south american idea for adventureland
            or just something not in this country
            isn't that the whole point of adventureland
            unfortunately adventureland is rather small

Comment

I would like to see the Native American theme explored a bit in Frontierland. Maybe something to mystify the stereotype that they were on e group of people saying "how" and smoking peace pipes and show them as many different groups with many different cultures, beliefs, and lifestyles.

Comment

Originally posted by timbabbcomedian View Post
                I would like to see the Native American theme explored a bit in Frontierland. Maybe something to mystify the stereotype that they were on e group of people saying "how" and smoking peace pipes and show them as many different groups with many different cultures, beliefs, and lifestyles.
                yeah that's true with the stereotypes
                but coming from a native american family
                we seem to find that if there's just one little teeny tiny thing that is not accurate
                then they'll complain the heck out of it
                so really they would have to be careful with the N.A. audience
                cause if they don't impress us
                then they might as well just close it down

so they would have to do years and years of research

edit: forgot to mention, don't talk to me about pocahontas and if that's accurate
                cause:
                a) i'm not from the eastern woodlands, i'm from the Great Plains area
                and b) i like the movie cause of the love story, especially the interracial thing cause my boyfriend is filipino

Comment

Swiss Family Robinson had a treehouse, but Tarzan usurped their ownership - maybe they went into foreclosure?

Lady and the Tramp have no showing. 101 Dalmations has Cruella as a Meet and Greet. Lion King. Jungle Book.
                  sigpic
                  Hidden Mickey - Historical fiction about Walt that mixes action and mystery with time travel and fantasy! Tweens to adults will enjoy these novels. And now, three gamebooks to play in Disneyland, DCA and WDW Magic Kingdom!

Check out my six action/adventure novels about Walt's lost diary and his epic quest. Visit my blog page!

Sometimes Dead Men DO Tell Tales!

Comment

i'd love to see more Lion King in the parks...
                    -plagued

Comment

Not a fan of the film, but Mulan doesn't exist inside the berm.
                      No "The Fox and the Hound" and no "Bambi" either.
                      "Here you leave Today and enter the world of Yesterday, Tomorrow and Bankruptcy!"

Maybe for once, someone will call me "Sir" without saying, "You're making a scene!"

Arizona Cardinals 2008 NFC Champions

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Weaver View Post

It's not that they haven't tried, but during concept testing, obese people keep getting stuck in the chimney.

Comment

Originally posted by HiddenMickeyBook View Post
                          Swiss Family Robinson had a treehouse, but Tarzan usurped their ownership - maybe they went into foreclosure?
                          They got a letter from the Treasury Department demanding information on their investors.

Comment

This does pose a question: Is there any way to make suggestions for attractions to someone in charge?

Comment

I've noticed the park doesn't have a lot of attractions based on Lion King, The Incredibles, Pocahontas, and Hercules.

Comment

I think the Lion King. But for the most part, characters should be used as background characters like in Small World.
                                Running is a mental sport and I am insane!

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X