This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Idea] DLR Hallowen Ideas

all the other Disney Parks have their Halloween better than DLR. give ideas to what you would like to see.
    I would like to see at DCA
    -California Screamin Backwards (DLP and SF Magic Mountain attempted this before)
    -Nightmare B4 Christmas the Musical! to replace Aladdin.
    -The Millionaire Building to be a very scary maze.
    -Soain Over Hell in 3d
    In DL
    -Fantasmic Halloween Version
    -Halloween Parade
    -Fantasyland theater Halloween Show!

When I went this year, the fireworks was the best but didn't recognize half the music since it's ancient. Space Mt was cheap with the protectors (the mummy ride is better) and I suggest the queue should be a scary maze where ALL the lights are off with scary sounds and ghosts scaring you. Mansion is nice but old and needs to be scary.

Re: DLR Hallowen Ideas

Splash Mountain totally in the dark with spooky soundtrack.
    Mild haunted house for kids in Sleeping Beauty Castle.
    Parade of Screams, with live actors as famous monsters.
    The Phantom 5 (singing busts from the Haunted Mansion) as a roving singing group illuminated by blacklights.
    Trick-or-treating in all the shops along Main Street.
    Old-fashioned hayride for the kids in DCA.
    Hatbox Ghost guy who got kicked out by security as the host in the Esplanade.

Comment

If you want scary, go to USH or Knotts.

Comment

^well HKDL is very scary, almost like USH
        DLP I think it's scary idk

Comment

Originally posted by DannyLand View Post
          ^well HKDL is very scary, almost like USH
          DLP I think it's scary idk
          First off DLP is not scary.

Secondly, HKDL is scary because that is what their audience likes. And who goes to HKDL and who goes to DL is very different. It makes no sense for DL to have a scary event because then there wouldn't be any Halloween Events for the kids.

Comment

Unfortunately, since it is Disneyland, it can't be too scary. Soarin over hell? Lol! I don't know that that's very disney appropriate. Then again, you go to hell in Mr. Toad's Wild Ride, which I've always thought . Still, they definately could add more halloween stuff, I think Ghost Galaxy was a big success. Still, what about the people who just happen to go to DL during that time of year, but still want the everyday magic of the park? Too much I think would draw away from the classic appeal of Disneyland.

Comment

oh I still want a haunted house for the kids and adults to walk through. A haunted house with a Disney twist that isn't jump out scary but has villians throughout. A sort of 1st haunted house for the kiddies, Disney style. They could also get candy throughout the Haunted House walkthrough. An idea to build something in open walk way areas of DCA and could be dismantled at the start of Nov.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Weaver View Post
                Hatbox Ghost guy who got kicked out by security as the host in the Esplanade.
                I'd go just for this one!! That costume was unbelieveable!!!

Comment

I think Disney can embrace the spooky. They don't need blood guts and gore, but they can have ghosts and some more fantasy based scares (dragons/trolls and such).

With DCA being the spot of Mickey's Halloween Treat, here are some suggestions of my own.

GRR becomes Hook's Shipwreck Barges for the month. The stern of a crashed ship tops Grizzly Peak with the Jolly Rodger flying on it's mast. Adventure props are replaced with pieces of broken ships, cannon scares, and othe pirate related theming. Live actors inhabit dark points along the ride so they can jump out and scare rafters (like they used to do on Pirates for Halloween.) Add some fog and you have a fun spooky attraction.

Soarin' gets a new film for the Halloween party. We board our gliders for a night flight and suddenly we encounter the alien ships from Chicken Little. It doesn't need to refrence the film or rely on the success or lack there of for the feature, it just uses them as a jumping point for our alien encounter. Some in theatre effects like winds as they zoom around you and spotlights for the tractor beams and you have a fun-spirited Soarin for Halloween.

Redwood Creek Challenge Trail becomes a ghost walk through the woods. Guides take groups around the haunted trail telling them ghost stories and having a few scares. Ends with campfire at Brother Bear. Smores can be served while supplies last.

Mullholland Maddness can be given a relatively easy Cruella De Ville overlay with some flats of her driving along the route and some scares as the headlights light up out of the darkness looking as if she's going to run you down.

The lagoon can have Chernabog or Ursula rise out of the waters every hour to raise the baddies from the depths and a short water show ensues.

Screamin' gets overlays for their scream tunnels which look like the dragon form of Malificient. Spooky red-lit fog fills her throat as you blast into the Dragon's mouth.

Midway Mania could get Halloween themed games.

Who Wants to be a Millionare building hosts a spooky maze themed to the restless spirits of Hollywood and can be tied to Tower of Terror.

A few other spooky mazes can be peppered throughout focusing on a Haunted Mansion level of scary instead of Knotts.

These overlays and such would be only available for Mickey's Halloween Treat. Sure, things like GRR would still have the theming, but no live actors. This would give a reason to attend the party, and would also offer more options to people without small children.
                  Women, they make the highs higher and the lows more frequent.

Comment

Originally posted by Micoofy Duck View Post
                    oh I still want a haunted house for the kids and adults to walk through. A haunted house with a Disney twist that isn't jump out scary but has villians throughout. A sort of 1st haunted house for the kiddies, Disney style. They could also get candy throughout the Haunted House walkthrough. An idea to build something in open walk way areas of DCA and could be dismantled at the start of Nov.

Oh, hi there.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X