Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Wait, was that Henry's voice I heard?!

So I was watching Tiana's Showboat Jubilee for the 100th time and it just dawned on me that the voice calling everyone down to the riverfront sounds like the same voice used for Henry from The Country Bears. I even pulled out my 50th Musical History Box to hear for myself.

Did anyone else notice this? And if so, how soon did you realize that you were listening to the ol' country bear himself?
    WARNING: Any opinions expressed by this user are wrong.

Re: Wait, was that Henry's voice I heard?!

It does sound very familiar!
    "Crowded classrooms and half-day sessions are a tragic waste of our greatest national resource - the minds of our children." -Walter Elias Disney

SEE MOM! Even Walt Disney thought school was bad!

Twitter http://twitter.com/dogtherock
    YouTube http://www.youtube.com/user/dogtherock
    Facebook http://www.facebook.com/waltdisneyscaliforniaadventure
    (Look at the URL i got for Facebook

Comment

It's the same voice as "The Captain" on the Mark Twain spiel.

Comment

If mrfantasmic is to be believed (which is typically a good idea) then yes, the voice for the Jubilee, which is the same as the Mark Twain captain, is the same as Henry. And many others in fact.

The Voice actor is Peter Renaday. You can see everything he has done here:

Peter Renaday - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
        sigpic

Comment

Peter Renaday is the voice of Mark Twain a Riverboat Pilot and author Not the Captain.

you also can be a Riverboat Pilot.

Toy Story Mania construction:
          Older photo
          New Photo

Member of
          MiceChat WDW Trip
          Next trip
          2014 Dec, 31

Comment

Originally posted by akfandisney View Post
            Peter Renaday is the voice of Mark Twain a Riverboat Pilot and author Not the Captain.

you also can be a Riverboat Pilot.

I've seen many kids in the compartment where the CM steers the ship at the peak of the Mark Twain. I'd assume it's done within reservation, but how is it done?
            California Screamin' Ride Count: 111

Comment

Originally posted by A113 View Post
              I've seen many kids in the compartment where the CM steers the ship at the peak of the Mark Twain. I'd assume it's done within reservation, but how is it done?
              Nope. They pick guests/families at random. Just have to be in the right place, at the right time.

Comment

Originally posted by dland_lover View Post
                Nope. They pick guests/families at random. Just have to be in the right place, at the right time.
                They had stopped doing this for a few weeks, but I saw someone else up in the wheelhouse just last week, so I guess they've started that again.

Back on topic, it really does sound like the same guy. Thanks grimgrinner for the link.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGrimGrinner View Post
                  If mrfantasmic is to be believed (which is typically a good idea) then yes, the voice for the Jubilee, which is the same as the Mark Twain captain, is the same as Henry. And many others in fact.

The Voice actor is Peter Renaday. You can see everything he has done here:

Peter Renaday - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
                  I always thought Henry was voiced by Jim Stafford! Thanks for providing the link.
                  sigpic
                  Hidden Mickey - Historical fiction about Walt that mixes action and mystery with time travel and fantasy! Tweens to adults will enjoy these novels. And now, three gamebooks to play in Disneyland, DCA and WDW Magic Kingdom!

Check out my six action/adventure novels about Walt's lost diary and his epic quest. Visit my blog page!

Sometimes Dead Men DO Tell Tales!

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X