Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Morning Walks at the Disneyland Hotels.

Has anyone gone on the morning walk that they Disneyland hotels organize? The CM at Guest Relations said that they take guests on a 2 mile walk inside DCA at 7:30 AM while it's still empty. Just wanted to see if anyone has done it before. I signed up for tomorrow morning's "excursion"..I'm so excited!

Re: Morning Walks at the Disneyland Hotels.

Never heard of it, it sounds interesting though. You will have to let us know!
    --Leslie ~See my photos on FLICKR ~

Comment

yeah you gotta tell us about it
      it sounds like a great photo opp
      Originally posted by JungleCruiseFan
      You know what they say- The party don't start 'til Jordon walks in.
      Originally posted by penguinsoda

Comment

Thought about doing it when we stay, but magic morning is way more intriguing

Comment

we did not know about it but we would love to hear how it goes.
          to be honest after a day of trying to keep up with two teenagers and watching the fireworks and fantasmic. We often slept in. Besides they kept up running all over.
          Wishing we were there now, maybe next year we can make it for the holidays.

Comment

Dude... that sounds awesome! I wish I had known about this beforehand.

Comment

sounds interesting... mayeb u will learn some cool facts

Comment

They actually.. do that? Meh if they did I'd rather do a 2 Mile Run haha.
                California Screamin' Ride Count: 111

Comment

Never heard of this before. It seems fun if it's your first time going into DCA.
                  My Brand New Youtube channel -"SoCal ATTRACTIONS 360"
                  http://www.youtube.com/SoCalAttractions360

Comment

Herd about it But NO camers On the walk .

Disney call it Off stage ( when Park is not open to the tickets guest.)

So NO camers.

Same with the Sagway tours In DCA

Only One time on the Tour you can take picture and it is at the end of the tour.
                    AKfandisney Have a Magic Disney day šoš 2010
                    Alan

Toy Story Mania construction:
                    Older photo
                    New Photo

Member of
                    MiceChat WDW Trip
                    Next trip
                    2014 Dec, 31

Comment

Originally posted by akfandisney View Post

So NO camers.

Only One time on the Tour you can take picture and it is at the end of the tour.
                      Off Hours are even considered Backstage? Harsh, but legit. It would be a cool photoop though.
                      California Screamin' Ride Count: 111

Comment

Sounds like a lot of fun to me! Of course, I live in Seattle, so, I can't exactly do it!

Comment

Originally posted by A113 View Post
                          Off Hours are even considered Backstage? Harsh, but legit. It would be a cool photoop though.
                          That what a Castmember say Before the tour Started.

If not for that rule I would take A lot picture.
                          AKfandisney Have a Magic Disney day šoš 2010
                          Alan

Toy Story Mania construction:
                          Older photo
                          New Photo

Member of
                          MiceChat WDW Trip
                          Next trip
                          2014 Dec, 31

Comment

So, my family and I just got back from the walking tour just now. They really do keep a fast pace when walking around the park! It started out with a stretch on the bridge near GRR and then we headed toward the pier. As we were walking toward the pier, we saw CMs riding on bicycles, riding in trucks, and driving in golf carts. As we were walking by the Pier, we saw a fork lift driving around with a little train of carts dropping off the day's batch of merchandise at each store. It was pretty awesome. After that we walked down to A Bug's Land and as we approached, we saw a cast member dusting the lights. THE LIGHTS. You guys know those lights in the archway right before you enter the land..the lights that look like cocoons..THOSE..she was dusting those with a high ladder..and she stopped to say "Good morning!" We then headed toward the Hollywood Picture Backlot and then made a roundabout trip to HTT and then headed back to the entrance to the hotel. A couple people from my group had to leave early because they got too tired so we broke off from the group and headed back to the GC entrance. Since our "trainer" was still walking with the other group taking the long way, we weren't able to leave without her clearance..according to the security guard at the gate. I guess it was a safety precaution like if we were runaway guests that broke off and took pictures..they'd still have a chance to catch us..pretty stiff rules..

And our trainer was a performer here at DLR and she knows all the new things happening. She mentioned stuff at the Pier about WOC. I'm not sure how viable her information was..but it sounded pretty AWESOME. She mentioned that in WOC they have a place underneath the platform for performers to come out of..like they would swim from underneath.. I wasn't necessarily paying attention at this point because I was looking at the setup for WOC. She also said that they plan to rent out the park to big companies to do PowerPoint presentations using their big water screens while their employees walk around. She also mentioned that they have an entrance way underneath the stage where if there were performances by large artists like Miley Cyrus, that they'd have an underground walkway for her to get onto the WOC stage without guests seeing her. THAT PART SEEMED KINDA "IFFY" TO ME. I couldn't fathom how that would work..

That's all I could remember. It was a good experience to be in DCA before all the guests were allowed in. hahah.

Comment

Wow, I had never heard about this before.

If only it was an empty Disneyland. But DCA would still be fun, and yes like someone said earlier, a great photo op!

Comment

Originally posted by akfandisney View Post

So NO camers.

Well THAT stinks....

Sounds like fun, but it would kill me to be in an empty park without a camera...

Comment

My husband loves these walks and always signs up. As the other writer noted, it is a fast pace. Yes, no cameras due to the cast members working getting ready for the day.

Comment

man...no CAMERAS?!?!

well forget that.
                                    i can barely wake up at 7
                                    only reason i would do that is if i could take pictures of an empty park
                                    )
                                    Originally posted by JungleCruiseFan
                                    You know what they say- The party don't start 'til Jordon walks in.
                                    Originally posted by penguinsoda

Comment

great post, next time we will have to do the walk.
                                      nice info the no pictures rule sucks but I understand.

Comment

That sucks. No photos! I want to be able to take photos as proof to show to my friend.
                                        My Brand New Youtube channel -"SoCal ATTRACTIONS 360"
                                        http://www.youtube.com/SoCalAttractions360

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X