Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dca Expansion cloning Thread

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • [Fun] Dca Expansion cloning Thread

    With all the talk of cloning attractions, I thought I could do a survey to see which attractions from the DCA expansion people would hate to have cloned.us Choose oneness attraction you would hate or love to have cloned and explain why.
    -World of Color
    -Buena Vista street
    -Carsland
    -Goofy's sky school
    41
    Walt Disney World
    68.29%
    28
    Tokyo Disney Resort
    17.07%
    7
    Disneyland Paris
    0.00%
    0
    Hongkong Disneyland
    7.32%
    3
    Shanghai Disneyland
    7.32%
    3

  • #2
    Re: Dca Expansion cloning Thread

    I really don't look forward to this happening, and I doubt it'll will. At the top of my head I can't think of any park that can fit the attraction in their park.

    EDIT: Oh I was talking about WoC.
    California Screamin' Ride Count: 111





    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Dca Expansion cloning Thread

      Hong Kong Disneyland needs all the help it can get. WDW, however, is doin' just fine without it. Sorry Floridians!

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Dca Expansion cloning Thread

        I think RSR could do well in the Pixar Studios area of DHS. Hiding it all would be a lot more necessary and a lot more difficult, though.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Dca Expansion cloning Thread

          Originally posted by Datameister View Post
          I think RSR could do well in the Pixar Studios area of DHS. Hiding it all would be a lot more necessary and a lot more difficult, though.
          As good as that might sound, I have to object to that :unsure:. I honestly think that RSR should be a one-only and unique attraction only to be featured at DCA. It needs a new ride to attract tourism and increase attendance. If it is absolutely necessary to add RSR to DHS, I say they should at least wait a few years. 3 at the most.
          California Screamin' Ride Count: 111





          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Dca Expansion cloning Thread

            Disney World since they already have most of what we have.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Dca Expansion cloning Thread

              Originally posted by A113 View Post
              As good as that might sound, I have to object to that :unsure:. I honestly think that RSR should be a one-only and unique attraction only to be featured at DCA. It needs a new ride to attract tourism and increase attendance. If it is absolutely necessary to add RSR to DHS, I say they should at least wait a few years. 3 at the most.
              Fair enough.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Dca Expansion cloning Thread

                Originally posted by dmtnt55 View Post
                Disney World since they already have most of what we have.
                Amen to that. Even a BSC cm was angry/disappointed the Magic Kingdom was getting TLM. She even complained to real imagineers!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Dca Expansion cloning Thread

                  WoC and Cars Lands I wouldnt want cloned. Walt Disney World seems to get everything DLR or DCA have and they need to have something unique to attract visitors. Such as the Matterhorn. I was already disappointed when I heard WDW is getting TLM in their Fantasyland expansion.

                  ~babs

                  EDIT:

                  What does BSC and RSR stand for again? I forgot.


                  Thank you Solitary!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Dca Expansion cloning Thread

                    I'm wondering how you would all feel if they took the lagoon show infrastructure that's being installed at DCA for World of Color, and installed in the Lagoon at Animal Kingdom for a show with the same technology, but a completely different storyline to match the Animal theme of its park and effects. Seeing as this would be a completely different show than World of Color, would this bother you? The way I look at it, what's going into Paradise Pier right now is simply hardware such as you might install similar hardware at both the Magic Kingdom and Disneyland for Fireworks shows. However, I believe that World of Color is one specific show, such as Remember. So essentially, you would be comparing the two shows at DCA and AK like you would compare Remember and Wishes. Would this be considered cloning at all to you, and would you like to see it happen, because I know I would.
                    sigpic
                    Long Live the Disney Renaissance

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Dca Expansion cloning Thread

                      Originally posted by DarkSideoftheMouse View Post
                      I'm wondering how you would all feel if they took the lagoon show infrastructure that's being installed at DCA for World of Color, and installed in the Lagoon at Animal Kingdom for a show with the same technology, but a completely different storyline to match the Animal theme of its park and effects. Seeing as this would be a completely different show than World of Color, would this bother you? The way I look at it, what's going into Paradise Pier right now is simply hardware such as you might install similar hardware at both the Magic Kingdom and Disneyland for Fireworks shows. However, I believe that World of Color is one specific show, such as Remember. So essentially, you would be comparing the two shows at DCA and AK like you would compare Remember and Wishes. Would this be considered cloning at all to you, and would you like to see it happen, because I know I would.
                      if it had different effects and didn't surpass the amazingness of ours, i wouldn't mind.
                      However, if Tdr got it I would mind because they already have good attractions.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Dca Expansion cloning Thread

                        Originally posted by Ckelef1 View Post
                        With all the talk of cloning attractions, I thought I could do a survey to see which attractions from the DCA expansion people would hate to have cloned.us Choose oneness attraction you would hate or love to have cloned and explain why.
                        -World of Color
                        -Buena Vista street
                        -Carsland
                        -Goofy's sky school
                        Well, EPCOT already has Soarin, I wasn't too pleased that it was cloned, as it was the only unique attraction that made DCA worth going too.

                        World of Color - Even if they did copy World of Color somewhere else, I really doubt it would be that similar. WDW didn't do that great a job copying F!, and changed out a few scenes, If they tried doing WoC at either TDS or EPCOT, those bodies of water are much larger, and the size of the show would need to be much larger to have the same impact as the one that will be in DCA.

                        Buena Vista Street is in essence a clone of what Disney Studio's in WDW already has. So why worry about it being cloned.

                        Carsland - I really don't think this is likely to be copied elswhere, due to the size. And that's good, to have something unique at DCA, especially since it is something based on just one movie.

                        Mulholland Madness - well, it's just a mistake to be placed in DCA in the first place, and to attempt a makeover of this carney attraction is another mistake. It's not likely they would copy this anywhere else, as many don't even want it in DCA anymore, expecially with this being talked about as just a temporary thing until some substantial can be done it is location at DCA

                        Originally posted by Ckelef1 View Post
                        Amen to that. Even a BSC cm was angry/disappointed the Magic Kingdom was getting TLM. She even complained to real imagineers!
                        I'm rather jealous that WDW is going to be getting a MUCH MORE APPROPRIATELY THEMED Castle facade for the Little Mermaid attraction, while DCA is getting a crappy looking themed front. The issue of DCA's lack of themeing, poor ideas for themes, and the cheaply executed themed areas, is exactly what DCA was so highly criticized about from before opening day. And the exterior of DCA's Little Mermaid attraction unfortunately will be forcing itself to "fit in" with the crappy, cheap, and highly unimaginative ideas and policies that DCA was founded on.
                        Critter Country's a mess ev'r since the Country Bears were kicked out. Ya can't cover pooh with honey and 'spect people ta like it.
                        An Adventurers It's Time to Put the Spotlight Back on Bring Back the REAL Disney Gallery
                        Life for Me! ~ ~ ~ Melvin, Buff, and Max!!! ~~~~ Dump the Dream Suite!
                        Meese-ka Moose-ka Mice-Chatter!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Dca Expansion cloning Thread

                          Originally posted by Babs09 View Post
                          WoC and Cars Lands I wouldnt want cloned. Walt Disney World seems to get everything DLR or DCA have and they need to have something unique to attract visitors. Such as the Matterhorn. I was already disappointed when I heard WDW is getting TLM in their Fantasyland expansion.

                          ~babs

                          EDIT:

                          What does BSC and RSR stand for again? I forgot.
                          Blue Sky Cellar and Radiator Springs Racer
                          California Screamin' Ride Count: 111





                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Dca Expansion cloning Thread

                            I included GSS as a joke. Its a virus no one wants that were getting.
                            As for TLM, its not so much the facade, as PP would look odd with a castle, but that we have A disappointing queue

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Dca Expansion cloning Thread

                              The queues are most likely going to be the same.
                              As we say to the animals, that's the end of the lion.

                              RACE THROUGH THE UNIVERSE, CAREEN THROUGH THE STARS.

                              Space Mountain




                              Comment


                              • #16
                                Re: Dca Expansion cloning Thread

                                I said Shanghai Disneyland simply because I will probably never be able to go there and see it. Let them have it if it means more guests visit.
                                sigpic
                                Hidden Mickey - Historical fiction about Walt that mixes action and mystery with time travel and fantasy! Tweens to adults will enjoy these novels. And now, three gamebooks to play in Disneyland, DCA and WDW Magic Kingdom!


                                Check out my six action/adventure novels about Walt's lost diary and his epic quest. Visit my blog page!


                                Sometimes Dead Men DO Tell Tales!

                                Comment


                                • #17
                                  Re: Dca Expansion cloning Thread

                                  Walt Disney World.
                                  They already have a bunch of exclusive awesome-ness (Philharmagic, Illuminations, Expedition Everest, etc.). Its about time we get something cool.

                                  Comment


                                  • #18
                                    Re: Dca Expansion cloning Thread

                                    i seem to notice a slight rivalry between DLR and WDW?
                                    Originally posted by JungleCruiseFan
                                    You know what they say- The party don't start 'til Jordon walks in.
                                    Originally posted by penguinsoda

                                    Comment


                                    • #19
                                      Re: Dca Expansion cloning Thread

                                      Originally posted by GummiBears_Rock View Post
                                      i seem to notice a slight rivalry between DLR and WDW?
                                      Slight? This is bigger than Jon and Kate lol

                                      Comment


                                      • #20
                                        Re: Dca Expansion cloning Thread

                                        Originally posted by Ckelef1 View Post
                                        Slight? This is bigger than Jon and Kate lol
                                        :lol: i love it when people use celebrity gossip as a simile
                                        (although i don't think they can count as celebrities)
                                        Originally posted by JungleCruiseFan
                                        You know what they say- The party don't start 'til Jordon walks in.
                                        Originally posted by penguinsoda

                                        Comment

                                        Get Away Today Footer

                                        Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X