Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Candlelight Processional

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • [Question] Candlelight Processional

    Has anyone heard anything about Candlelight? Where to buy tickets, etc?
    Stockholder and Walt Disney Autograph holder!!

  • #2
    re: Candlelight Processional

    Candlelight?

    Comment


    • #3
      re: Candlelight Processional

      Candlelight Processional.
      California Screamin' Ride Count: 111





      Comment


      • #4
        re: Candlelight Processional

        Epcot?

        Ohhhhh

        Comment


        • #5
          re: Candlelight Processional

          Without trying to sound sacrcastic (and I honestly do not mean to), try using the search button on the top of this page. I know I started posting info almost two months ago. It's been discussed here quite a bit.
          First Visit at the age of 12, July 17, 1968.
          First Ride, The Disneyland and Santa Fe Railroad.
          BRING BACK THE PEOPLE MOVER!

          Comment


          • #6
            re: Candlelight Processional

            As far as I know, all tickets are being sold only to d23 members for quite a steep price. a search should be able to clarify and confirm this.

            Comment


            • #7
              re: Candlelight Processional

              Has the narrator been announced yet?

              Comment


              • #8
                re: Candlelight Processional

                Originally posted by ryanvalle View Post
                As far as I know, all tickets are being sold only to d23 members for quite a steep price. a search should be able to clarify and confirm this.
                I don't believe this would be the case. It's been going on since MANY MANY years ago and they are sold to the public. It may be too early to know what the dates are yet. It's at DL.

                Comment


                • #9
                  re: Candlelight Processional

                  Actually I do believe that the only tickets being sold this year are from D23. Thats the information that I've been hearing. There will be no tickets sold to the general population, and no dinner tickets to the general population sold. There will be standing room, and limited seating without a ticket room. Considering that there is only about 3 weeks left until the processional, if Disney were selling general tickets again I think they would of done so by now.




                  Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!


                  Originally posted by AGhostFromThePast
                  all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    re: Candlelight Processional

                    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...-news-yet.html

                    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ndlelight.html

                    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ndlelight.html

                    http://micechat.com/forums/d23-disne...-6-2009-a.html




                    Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!


                    Originally posted by AGhostFromThePast
                    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      re: Candlelight Processional

                      I'll give the official thumbs down to Disney if they only sell to D23 members. I thought about joining, but after looking at what they offered, thought, why would I waste my money on this?? Oh, they do sell "official" D23 shirts on the website....about $30 for a tee shirt. Really?? Oh well, guess we'll stand with unwashed masses.
                      Stockholder and Walt Disney Autograph holder!!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        re: Candlelight Processional

                        Originally posted by I Heart Disneyland View Post
                        I don't believe this would be the case. It's been going on since MANY MANY years ago and they are sold to the public. It may be too early to know what the dates are yet. It's at DL.
                        Date of the Processional is December 6. They've been selling tickets for a few weeks now. The host/MC is Jon Voight.

                        D23 | The Official Community for Disney Fans

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          re: Candlelight Processional

                          Originally posted by 4Apples4Disney View Post
                          I'll give the official thumbs down to Disney if they only sell to D23 members. I thought about joining, but after looking at what they offered, thought, why would I waste my money on this?? Oh, they do sell "official" D23 shirts on the website....about $30 for a tee shirt. Really?? Oh well, guess we'll stand with unwashed masses.
                          I know this really isn't the place for debating D23. But I've just gotta say...
                          $30 is the exact same price of any t-shirt from Disney... if not cheaper.
                          Really, walk around all the stores at Disneyland, the t-shirts all generally cost $32 if not more. The higher quality ones will sometimes run you like $40 (especially for those ridiculous Disney Vault ones).
                          So in retrospect $30 isn't ridiculously expensive for a t-shirt.
                          Oh and also, that's the same price you'll be paying for a t-shirt at any brand-name skate shop. Active, Sun Diego, all those places. $30 t-shirt is average.

                          That's why I buy stuff online, or on sale/clearance .

                          And as for D23 being a waste of money. That's entirely opinionated.
                          I don't want to get into a full debate about it though, that's what the D23 Forum is for .
                          But I at least had to address the $30 t-shirt comment.

                          Originally posted by ttrocc7007 View Post
                          Without trying to sound sacrcastic (and I honestly do not mean to), try using the search button on the top of this page. I know I started posting info almost two months ago. It's been discussed here quite a bit.
                          And don't worry, you're not being "sarcastic" (think you may've used the wrong word). You're in the right in my mind .
                          The "Search" feature is underused and needs to have more attention drawn to it.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            re: Candlelight Processional

                            Candlelight also shows on Saturday December 5th. I used to participate in the Choir every year for 9 years and have a few friends who are participating on 12/5. I don't know who the narrator is for 12/5 but typically it differs from the one on Sunday. The last time I was at DL I asked a CM at City Hall when they would be releasing information and when I could buy a ticket and he told me not until after Thanksgiving. I thought that seemed late but that's what I was told so it seems worth mentioning.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              re: Candlelight Processional

                              That stinks that it's only for D23 members! I live out of state and wouldn't pay $275 per person even if I were in state! (And, I'm a member.) That's a huge price. Something tells me this is a bad idea. It's wrong not to sell them to the general public.

                              Comment


                              • #16
                                re: Candlelight Processional

                                Wow. I wonder how the tickets are selling....at $275 each. Unbelievable. I guess someone higher up decided that rather than dealing with the debacle that has happened online for the past three or so years, they would rather just invite the rich and the elite and everyone else can listen from somewhere else in the park. It's really a shame.

                                A small chunk of the remaining seats will go to the directors of the ensembles, who usually get two seats each. As far as I can recall, they use the same narrator on both nights, so John Voight should be there on both nights.

                                I might pop in Sunday and just see if I can find a camera angle from the side somewhere.

                                And a word of warning to all who attend on that weekend. Usually it's a madhouse as all of those chorus members and musicians hit the already crowded restaurants looking for food after the show. The last year one of my choirs sang, my wife and I finally gave up and went up the street to Cocos. Count on wall to wall people on both nights.

                                Comment


                                • #17
                                  re: Candlelight Processional

                                  Originally posted by Mac Daddy View Post
                                  Wow. I wonder how the tickets are selling....at $275 each. Unbelievable. I guess someone higher up decided that rather than dealing with the debacle that has happened online for the past three or so years, they would rather just invite the rich and the elite and everyone else can listen from somewhere else in the park. It's really a shame.

                                  A small chunk of the remaining seats will go to the directors of the ensembles, who usually get two seats each. As far as I can recall, they use the same narrator on both nights, so John Voight should be there on both nights.

                                  I might pop in Sunday and just see if I can find a camera angle from the side somewhere.

                                  And a word of warning to all who attend on that weekend. Usually it's a madhouse as all of those chorus members and musicians hit the already crowded restaurants looking for food after the show. The last year one of my choirs sang, my wife and I finally gave up and went up the street to Cocos. Count on wall to wall people on both nights.
                                  Yes I know... I'm going to be there that weekend not to see Candlelight but because of my birthday and I want my gift card to use with the 20% off discount certificate I got for renewing my AP... So I'll be hiding out listening to the Swing Band play... and thank goodness there are places to eat at Garden Walk too.




                                  Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!


                                  Originally posted by AGhostFromThePast
                                  all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

                                  Comment


                                  • #18
                                    re: Candlelight Processional

                                    We watched Candlelight from the standing area, behind the chairs, in 2007. It was wonderful even from there. I enjoyed it, but, admit...I'd not stand 2 hours again to see it. It was beautiful to see ... once. (And, certainly not for $550!!!!)

                                    Comment


                                    • #19
                                      re: Candlelight Processional

                                      Does anybody know what time it starts?

                                      Comment


                                      • #20
                                        re: Candlelight Processional

                                        I wouldn't spend the money for the tickets last year, and there is no way i would spend the money this year. To be Honest, I thought the people were crazy that spent the money last year for tickets when you could watch it, albeit a bit uncomforably, for free. But the people that are buying the $250 tix are insane!

                                        I would stand and watch it from the "standing room only" area if it was a good narrator. John Voight?...I'll pass. I thought John Stamos was great last year! Why John Voight?
                                        *** Disney Pinapple Princess ***:ap: Cove Bar Crew - DCA** HELL YEAH!!!***

                                        Originally posted by techskip
                                        Disney Dorks of the world unite!

                                        Comment

                                        Get Away Today Footer

                                        Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X