Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Star Tours Starspeeder Colors?

Anyone else think the colors they chose are going to age really quickly, looks like rust? Personally I would have chosen a blue, black, and white color scheme.

Yes
    45.00%
    No
    25.00%
    Indifferent
    30.00%

Re: Star Tours Starspeeder Colors?

They don't look...well new just a new paint job....kinda wanted them too look newer...I hope this is just nor some overlay Disney is throwing togeather..i want a new Star Tours.
    Happy Halloween!!!

Comment

To me, it looks more like how I'd imagine the Starspeeders if they'd been affected by TL '98. I'm not a big fan of the color scheme at the moment, but I suppose it could grow on me.

Comment

Originally posted by Datameister View Post
        To me, it looks more like how I'd imagine the Starspeeders if they'd been affected by TL '98. I'm not a big fan of the color scheme at the moment, but I suppose it could grow on me.

Yeah I think you hit it right on the nose, that rust color screams Tomorrowland 98.

Comment

I like it and don't think it looks like rust, at all.

Comment

Originally posted by dland_lover View Post
            I like it and don't think it looks like rust, at all.
            I believe the same scenario happened when Tomorrowland 98 was built. Everyone thought the new colors were great until they aged.

Comment

I like the new colors. I think they look good.
              Partner in Crime: Smaps.

Go Huskies!!!

Disneyland: September 12th to 19th

sigpic

:thumbup:

Comment

I just hope this is just concept I hope they chose better colors for the future
                "Your dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway." Walt Disney

[

Comment

It looks nice... I have to think they could have done better with a different color combo. Or even better... totally redo the vehicle. But maybe this is just a concept look or something and not the final way the Starspeeder will look.

Comment

Originally posted by Datameister View Post
                    I agree with that, I'm not really sure if I like the colors or not yet.
                    "I am he as you are he as you are me and we are all together"

Comment

I'm not a huge Star Wars fan, but to me, the new scheme matches the look of the prequel trilogy. I noticed there is much more blue in the original.
                      In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of fate.

DoppelV

Comment

I like the new color scheme. It matches the newer movies, which is obviously what this incarnation of Star Tours is trying to go for.

Comment

I like the new color scheme for the ships. I also agree with the above posters that the colors seem fit in alot better with the colors and schemes of the cities like "Galactic City" introduced to us in episodes I,II,and III. Both this new scheme and the pod racing screenshot both lead me to believe that Star Tours 2.0 will be taking us backwards in time to Ep. 1-3 instead of being an update that will take guests further down the timeline after Ep. 6.

Comment

The colors match Luke's speeder from Episode IV (rusted browns and burnt browns). The Star Wars universe is very gritty. Burn marks and pitted metal. It's a world that is VERY VERY lived in. Especially in the places they go. They're in the outer rim. Frontier law. They make due with what they have. This could be a sign of the direction they are going. In any case, I think I like the colors.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Comment

Looks good to me.
                              Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day; begin it well and serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.

~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

ok, now I am going to have to ride Star Tours to find out what you are talking about! rats!
                                sigpic
                                Hidden Mickey - Historical fiction about Walt that mixes action and mystery with time travel and fantasy! Tweens to adults will enjoy these novels. And now, three gamebooks to play in Disneyland, DCA and WDW Magic Kingdom!

Check out my six action/adventure novels about Walt's lost diary and his epic quest. Visit my blog page!

Sometimes Dead Men DO Tell Tales!

Comment

Originally posted by mycroft16 View Post
                                  The colors match Luke's speeder from Episode IV (rusted browns and burnt browns). The Star Wars universe is very gritty. Burn marks and pitted metal. It's a world that is VERY VERY lived in. Especially in the places they go. They're in the outer rim. Frontier law. They make due with what they have. This could be a sign of the direction they are going. In any case, I think I like the colors.

Well put. That was similar to my take as well. Also, it's a nice symbol of the change to come for ST. Already feels different.
                                  "The old man's gonna knock on the sky. Listen to the sound."

AP'er since 2004. Yup.....I'm one of THEM.

Comment

I've always liked the '98 colors... but I've only seen them in pictures. I had an absence from 1995-late 2006. Maybe if I had had to deal with it in person, and over several years, I would feel differently about them, but as it stands- I like them. So sue me. :razz:

Comment

I get that they are trying convey an EARLIER time period for the "Star Tours" flight tours. To destinations that date 20-30 years before the "Star Tours" we know of - of 1987. (Since this version takes place at the time of Episodes 1-3). Hence .. a color scheme that is more out of date. Plus .. the colors will match the terrain of Tatooine .. since the Pod Racing takes place on the desert planet.

But the ride still needs to look futuristic for OUR point of view. There's lots of colors in the rainbow to choose from.

I would have picked a shade of green.
                                      MY SIGNATURE:
                                      Dear Peoplemover Fans, If you want to see a new attraction that at least mimics the 1967 Peoplemover in a future Tomorrowland remodel, you need to write to the powers-that-be, and let them know. If you don't - Then the next time Tomorrowland is remodeled, you will see a land barren of any "Peoplemover" type attraction.

Comment

I don't have strong feelings about it. I preferred the old white, but this still has a Star Wars sort of look that works for me. I agree with the people who say it looks like Tomorrowland circa 1998, but I really liked all those bronzes and stuff.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X