X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Star Tours Starspeeder Colors?

Originally posted by HiddenMickeyBook View Post
    ok, now I am going to have to ride Star Tours to find out what you are talking about! rats!
    You've never been on Star Tours? Oh you should- it's the best of it's kind, even if it is showing it's age. So you know the current color-scheme, though, here's a page about the current ones that includes pictures. They're blue and white colored, instead of the bronze tones pictured in this thread.

StarSpeeder 3000 - Wookieepedia, the Star Wars Wiki

Comment

Originally posted by Datameister View Post
      To me, it looks more like how I'd imagine the Starspeeders if they'd been affected by TL '98. I'm not a big fan of the color scheme at the moment, but I suppose it could grow on me.
      Thats because Star Tours II was designed for TL'98 lol. But Eisner didn't want to spend the money and greenlight it then since it is going to be a very large project.

Comment

Originally posted by Ghostbuster626 View Post
        Thats because Star Tours II was designed for TL'98 lol. But Eisner didn't want to spend the money and greenlight it then since it is going to be a very large project.
        Then is there a chance that they are just showing off the model from that design phase and they are actually starting over on it? Or will they actually just use what they had designed for that?

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by Tomorrowland_1967 View Post
          I get that they are trying convey an EARLIER time period for the "Star Tours" flight tours. To destinations that date 20-30 years before the "Star Tours" we know of - of 1987. (Since this version takes place at the time of Episodes 1-3). Hence .. a color scheme that is more out of date. Plus .. the colors will match the terrain of Tatooine .. since the Pod Racing takes place on the desert planet.
          Ugh. Really? I was hoping they would just keep moving forward in time but add destinations that appeared in the prequels. Lame.

As for the colors they don't really stir me one way or the other...just seems weird they had to change them at all. I guess it's similar to how airlines repaint their jets every few years. Whateves.

Comment

Originally posted by mycroft16 View Post
            Then is there a chance that they are just showing off the model from that design phase and they are actually starting over on it? Or will they actually just use what they had designed for that?
            I think they are just using what they designed for that judging by the fact that every picture released by Disney has that color scheme. Although in the picture of the guy working there are 2 different speeders. A maroon red version (shown in the concept art with the pod racers) and a more orangy yellowish version.

Also, im pretty sure the ride is a sequel to Star Tours even though it will be using alot of the look and feel of the prequels. It makes sense because in the current version on the monitors it says "Coming soon the Trek to Tatooine. Ask your travel agent for more info" and in Star Tours II we go to Tatooine so obviously the storyline continues in that a new tour has opened up that we can now go on.

Comment

A lot of people are overlooking this, in fact I am the only one I know so far who has mentioned it:

Green Starspeeder at the bottom.

And orange:

EDIT: Dang! Stupid box covers it.

EDIT (again): Fixed.

EDIT (again... again): Maybe not.

Comment

I like it! I think it looks very Tatooine'ish

Comment

I like it, it fits in the context of what they're doing with the attraction... but... it's just... I have such a fondness of the older color scheme, that it may take some time for me to get used to.
                  sigpic
                  http://disneyjedi1.deviantart.com/

Comment

I like it, its not bad at all. I like that they kept the same design as the star speeder 3000.

Comment

the colors of the exterior are not really important, i have all the faith in the world that once we get in the speeder its self and the ride begins that whaever the final colors are will be long forgotton. ..i can just see people get out as the star wars theme blares through the speaker system CMs hearing guests say things like that ride was awesome..but what crappy colors,
                      "Alright you primative screwheads listen up.."BRUCE CAMPBELL

Comment

Looks fine to me. I think the color scheme uses white, rather than a rusty color. The model on the computer screen and desk in the other photo appear to be red and white. The orangey one appears to be is suffering from lighting issues, with the bronze plaque reflecting in the white.

Also, color is one of the things that never seems to stay the same between concept and reality. Mickey's Fun Wheel is a recent example of this.
                        "The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing" -Walt Disney

Comment

^The MFW colors also turned out better in the end, so I'm optimistic about the Starspeeders. However, I'm still fine with the colors they have picked out now.

Comment

To me it looks like they were inspired by the new Clone Wars cartoon series. And I'm fine with that.

Comment

it looks like real starwars!

Comment

Looks alright. The current look looks a little 80's to me (don't really know why). As someone else said, it definitely looks "more Star Wars".

Comment

Originally posted by WDITrent View Post
                                  A lot of people are overlooking this, in fact I am the only one I know so far who has mentioned it:

Green Starspeeder at the bottom.
                                  Direct link to that news page: Disneygeek's Disneyland Update Friday, November 13, 2009

And with that, I don't understand what you're talking about. The StarSpeeder 1000 model at the bottom of the picture is orange as well, not green.

Comment

I really do not see a reason as to why this is being done... It's just me but I would be spending every dime on what is inside (the movie) and whatever is left can then fix up the outside...

And while I know DisneyGeek is trying to protect their images they really need to learn either the art of the watermark, or how to apply a proper caption border. If people are going to crop the image for wallpaper etc they will do it regardless of the markings on the image... providing the full image with a watermark allows the image to be enjoyed. MiceChat has great examples of logo placement that is not intrusive to the image itself.
                                    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

sigpic

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

Comment

If you look at the seat colors in the current Starspeeder, it seems that that's basically the color scheme they're going for with the new Starspeeders. The rust color fits well with Star Tours, and the fact that the concept art in that photo shows a Rex-a-like makes me hopeful that they won't throw out everything I love about the current Star Tours.

Comment

I guess people don't remember their history within the parks. Just because something is more accurate doesn't mean it will have lasting appeal. Asthetically I think this will age the attraction far faster than the clean white and blue color scheme we have seen all these years. I also find it disappointing that after all the negative feedback about episodes 1-3 that they would even want to touch the series much less go backward in time and copy it. If lucas really wanted this attraction to last another 30 years he would have given us something totally new and unique, a future look past episode 6.

Comment

Yeah. And purple starspeeders, too! )

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X