X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: DCA Wins an Award!!!

Originally posted by Seawolf
    It was meant to highlight the idea of our society giving out awards too freely.
    Our society? Or Norwegian society? Semantics.

Comment

Ok so back on track here... what exactly was the criteria used to evaluate this award and how is the voting process done? Is it completely transparent? Is there a possibility that Disney may have influenced the outcome via advertising?
      "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

sigpic

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

Comment

Originally posted by TrevorD View Post
        Statement retracted. You are blacklisted for hating on the Black Eyed Peas. We'll see who gets that boom boom pow Mr.
        Sorry Trevor... but I firmly believe they should be incarcerated for My Humps. Same with the band that wrote Save a Horse, Ride a Cowboy.)

Hmmm... OK, now we're REALLY getting off topic.

Comment

Originally posted by caesarboxfan View Post
          Good to see DCA get some recognition.

DHS' Midway Mania was built into the existing Who Wants to be a Millionaire: Play It! building. The only thing they did to the structure was tear down the front wall to build the new facade.
          Seeing as how I've never been to WDW, I thank you for that clarification. I just thought it was a new building, because I remember reading that a section of the backlot tour was removed to make way for Pixar Place (I think). I just assumed Midway Mania was apart of that.

Thanks for filling me in!

Comment

Originally posted by BrodyDanger View Post
            Sorry Trevor... but I firmly believe they should be incarcerated for My Humps. Same with the band that wrote Save a Horse, Ride a Cowboy.)

Hmmm... OK, now we're REALLY getting off topic.
            While were off topic, my humps really was terrible. Three songs in one really. But Big and Rich are musical geniuses. Double blacklist!

Comment

Originally posted by techskip View Post
              Ok so back on track here... what exactly was the criteria used to evaluate this award and how is the voting process done? Is it completely transparent? Is there a possibility that Disney may have influenced the outcome via advertising?
              I have absolutely NO idea. I just wanted to support your efforts in trying to get back on topic. )

Comment

From their website, it seems that a panel of a few people (seemingly people I should know of from the way the whitepaper is worded) either from the industry, or who admire the industry select the winners each year.

Comment

From their website, it seems that a panel of a few people (seemingly people I should know of from the way the whitepaper is worded) either from the industry, or who admire the industry select the winners each year.
                  Is Paul Reuben one of the people on the committee?

Comment

According to http://www.themeit.com/thea_15annual/Theahist.pdf
                    Monty Lunde, Bob Rogers, Pat Scanlon and Barry Ho were the panel the first year.

Comment

Originally posted by timbabbcomedian
                      (I assume we will not be riding Toy Story Midway Mania together as I assume it's not your favorite...What are your thoughts on Soarin'?)
                      TSMM isn't a favorite of mine but I ride the attraction when the line isn't too long, I really appreciate the extra effort they put forth on the exterior architechture. My thoughts on Soarin is that it's an extremely original idea that really took a lot of thought and creativity. It is by far the best attraction in my opinion at DCA for the amount of innovation required to pull that off. It's the reason why I think it deserves the prize more than any other attraction at DCA.
                      Last edited by Seawolf; 11-17-2009, 10:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Seawolf View Post
                        TSMM isn't a favorite of mine but I ride the attraction when the line isn't too long. My thoughts on Soarin is that it's an extremely original idea that really took a lot of thought and creativity. It is by far the best attraction in my opinion at DCA for the amount of innovation required to pull that off. It's the reason why I think it deserves the prize more than any other attraction at DCA.
                        I like to pretend the shooter things on Toy Story Midway Mania are machine guns out of a WWII era plane (like the one Indiana Jones's dad uses in Last Crusade) and make believe I'm shooting down enemy planes. "eh-eh-eh-eh-eh-eh-eh-eh-eh-eh-eh...KA-BOOM!"

I dunno if that's award worthy, but it's fun for me every time.

Comment

TSMM isn't a favorite of mine but I ride the attraction when the line isn't too long, I really appreciate the extra effort they put forth on the exterior architechture. My thoughts on Soarin is that it's an extremely original idea that really took a lot of thought and creativity. It is by far the best attraction in my opinion at DCA for the amount of innovation required to pull that off. It's the reason why I think it deserves the prize more than any other attraction at DCA.
                          Soarin' won the TEA award already

Comment

Originally posted by dland_lover View Post
                            Soarin' won the TEA award already
                            That's great, but can we honestly say that other attractions aren't deserving of the prize over TSMM?

Comment

I'm not touching that one with a 10' pole. I'm sure you'll understand.

That, and I'm going to bed.

Comment

Originally posted by dland_lover View Post
                                I'm not touching that one with a 10' pole. I'm sure you'll understand.

That, and I'm going to bed.
                                LOL on that note I think I'm gonna head to bed too.

Too much controversy for one night.

Comment

I liked it.

Comment

That's great, but can we honestly say that other attractions aren't deserving of the prize over TSMM?
                                    Is it a yearly thing though? Like was it only against other attractions that came out that year? Because I can't think of any other amazing attractions that opened in 2008.

LOL on that note I think I'm gonna head to bed too.

Too much controversy for one night.
                                    When I started this thread a few hours ago, I had no idea the controversy that would follow.

Comment

Originally posted by timbabbcomedian View Post
                                      When I started this thread a few hours ago, I had no idea the controversy that would follow.
                                      About that, thanks for the great evening. Althoght I didn't study for tommorows midterm. Next time remember this before posting optimistic threads about the future.

Comment

About that, thanks for the great evening. Althoght I didn't study for tommorows midterm. Next time remember this before posting optimistic threads about the future.
                                        Well you'll be glad you did because if you go back most of the drama has been "erased from existence" (Marty McFly style) So no one else who reads this thread will ever know how Seawolf and I became BFFs. It was kinda like Superman and Batman...at first they fought but then they realize they're both on the same side...justice!!!

As for the midterm, the answer is probably C. You're welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by timbabbcomedian View Post
                                          Well you'll be glad you did because if you go back most of the drama has been "erased from existence" (Marty McFly style) So no one else who reads this thread will ever know how Seawolf and I became BFFs. It was kinda like Superman and Batman...at first they fought but then they realize they're both on the same side...justice!!!

As for the midterm, the answer is probably C. You're welcome.
                                          Too bad they took that touching ending out. What I couldn't belive is how they all clammored for me to be hired as head imagineer for WDI. It was scary.

And hey, putting C as every answer got me 67% on a French exam. Its legit.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X