X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guest replied
    Re: DCA Wins an Award!!!

Originally posted by timbabbcomedian View Post
    So if a song of an artist's album wins a Grammy you'd say the song won the Grammy, not the artist?

The ride in DCA was specifically singled out in the article as the one winning the award. The ride doesn't exist in a vacuum, it's part of DCA so DCA has won an award.

It's not like the title of this tread said< "DCA in it's original version wins an award so we should stop the changes and leave it as is."

We get it, you're not a fan of DCA. Well done.

I'm gonna post something a little later about how cute my dog was...would you like to post a comment about how he is dead now and no longer cute to spoil that fun too?
    Exactly..

Originally posted by Quacky4Donald View Post
    Actually it would be the writers and producers who would get the award, not the artist. So in this case it would be the Imagineers who came up with the attraction and put it together who should be receiving the award, not DCA or Disney as a whole.

...Joe...
    Not true. It depends on what aspect of the song won the award. If the award was for best lyrics, then the writers would get the award. When an artist gets an award, they themselves go up onto the stage to recive it.

To relate this to DCA, for the imagineers to get the award, it would have had to be an award for the best design team.

Leave a comment:

• Seawolf
    replied

Originally posted by Rocker View Post
    I actually disagree with that. Although not everyone on this board is a fan of DCA, I actually think there is a little more that is worth a visit to DCA. California Screamin, Soarin, The Tower of Terror, Monster's Inc: Mike and Sulley to the Rescue, (IMO) the Animation Building, the Aladdin show, and so forth. Do some of them fit the theme? Not really, but hey, I enjoy some of those rides personally.
    Exactly, there is so much more at DCA that is deserving, especially Soarin Over California.
    Last edited by MickeyMaxx; 11-17-2009, 11:08 PM. Reason: Personal back and forth. Derail.

Leave a comment:

• Rocker
    replied

Originally posted by ♥disney.princess♥ View Post
    ow, that's awesome! Personally, Toy Story Mania is the single thing that makes DCA worth a visit right now. Plus, it marks the beginning of the new DCA! =) California Adventure's definitely off to a great start. Thanks for posting the link, timbabbcomedian!
    I actually disagree with that. Although not everyone on this board is a fan of DCA, I actually think there is a little more that is worth a visit to DCA. California Screamin, Soarin, The Tower of Terror, Monster's Inc: Mike and Sulley to the Rescue, (IMO) the Animation Building, the Aladdin show, and so forth. Do some of them fit the theme? Not really, but hey, I enjoy some of those rides personally.

Originally posted by OC2Epcot View Post
    I don't know what you are considering uncreative or unoriginal, the fact that is based on Toy Story? Do you have examples of other equally interactive technological rides that are similar to Toy Story Midway Mania?
    Originally posted by Seawolf View Post
    Both aspects, creativity and originality are reasons why I think this attraction didn't deserve the award. This overused franchise is completely unoriginal and quite frankly disappointing. We have BLAB right across the way, the only attraction theme to ever cross into multiple parks at a resort. Quite frankly I think a child could have come up with something more original and mentally stimulating then that. It shows how low we have come as a society when the true ability of Disney isn't being explored anymore and we are giving out awards for it. Don't get me wrong, the attraction is fun but not worthy of an award.

Yes, there are many attractions that have a similar novelty. Off the top of my head we have Men In Black Alien Attack and The Amazing Aventures of Spider Man, there are many more for sure.
    Seawolf, I've never been on Spider-Man, but I have seen footage of it, and it was the first of it's kind. If Disney did anything, they took the concept, made it a little tamer, and made it interactive for families, so you are right that it only took someone else's concept.

As for this award...meh. Not a big deal for me. These awards from these magazines are really bogus; you are ALWAYS going to find a theme park (regional or international) who always has better "anything" so why bother? But that doesn't mean Disney can't improve because they can.

Leave a comment:

• dmtnt55
    replied

TSMM totally deserved this.

Leave a comment:

• Seawolf
    replied

Originally posted by OC2Epcot View Post
    I don't know what you are considering uncreative or unoriginal, the fact that is based on Toy Story? Do you have examples of other equally interactive technological rides that are similar to Toy Story Midway Mania?
    Both aspects, creativity and originality are reasons why I think this attraction didn't deserve the award. This overused franchise is completely unoriginal and quite frankly disappointing. We have BLAB right across the way, the only attraction theme to ever cross into multiple parks at a resort. Quite frankly I think a child could have come up with something more original and mentally stimulating then that. It shows how low we have come as a society when the true ability of Disney isn't being explored anymore and we are giving out awards for it. Don't get me wrong, the attraction is fun but not worthy of an award.

Yes, there are many attractions that have a similar novelty. Off the top of my head we have Men In Black Alien Attack and The Amazing Aventures of Spider Man, there are many more for sure.
    Last edited by Seawolf; 11-17-2009, 05:43 PM.

Leave a comment:

• OC2Epcot
    replied

Nice to know that it's considered acceptable to give an award for uncreative and unoriginal ideas. Seems like a trend as of late to give out awards that aren't deserved, ie nobel peace prize.

Leave a comment:

• CinderellaStory
    replied

Nice to know that it's considered acceptable to give an award for uncreative and unoriginal ideas. Seems like a trend as of late to give out awards that aren't deserved, ie nobel peace prize.
    ???

Personally, I love TSMM.

Leave a comment:

• HiddenMickeyBook
    replied

An award? Recognition? Publicity? Awesome!

Leave a comment:

• OC2Epcot
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Seawolf
    replied

Nice to know that it's considered acceptable to give an award for uncreative and unoriginal ideas. Seems like a trend as of late to give out awards that aren't deserved.
    Last edited by MickeyMaxx; 11-17-2009, 10:45 PM. Reason: Please limit political comment to the Debate Lounge only.

Leave a comment:

• ChessurInWonderland
    replied

ow, that's awesome! Personally, Toy Story Mania is the single thing that makes DCA worth a visit right now. Plus, it marks the beginning of the new DCA! =) California Adventure's definitely off to a great start. Thanks for posting the link, timbabbcomedian!

Leave a comment:

• dland_lover
    replied

Originally posted by DLFreak71 View Post
    and why the ride in DCA?
    Isn't it the same in WDW (minus the queue being different)?
    Maybe because our's is the original one? That's the only thing I can think of. Plus I'm glad that DLR got the recognition, instead of WDW, for a change.

EDIT: It's still not working for me. :judge:

Leave a comment:

• Quacky4Donald
    replied

Originally posted by timbabbcomedian View Post
    So if a song of an artist's album wins a Grammy you'd say the song won the Grammy, not the artist?

The ride in DCA was specifically singled out in the article as the one winning the award. The ride doesn't exist in a vacuum, it's part of DCA so DCA has won an award.

It's not like the title of this tread said< "DCA in it's original version wins an award so we should stop the changes and leave it as is."

I'm gonna post something a little later about how cute my dog was...would you like to post a comment about how he is dead now and no longer cute to spoil that fun too?
    Actually it would be the writers and producers who would get the award, not the artist. So in this case it would be the Imagineers who came up with the attraction and put it together who should be receiving the award, not DCA or Disney as a whole.

...Joe...

Leave a comment:

• timbabbcomedian
    replied

Originally posted by Tomorrowland_1967 View Post
    It's not that "DCA" won an award ..... It's an ATTRACTION, that happens to be in DCA that won an award: Midway Mania.

Originally posted by Tomorrowland_1967 View Post
    It's not that anyone is "tooting" DCA 1.0 as something that deserved any recognition .. but now .. finally .... the park is getting some serious attractions that DO deserve some recognition.

Last edited by timbabbcomedian; 11-17-2009, 04:24 PM. Reason: I don't spell well when being sarcastic

Leave a comment:

• DLFreak71
    replied

and why the ride in DCA?
    Isn't it the same in WDW (minus the queue being different)?

Leave a comment:

• techskip
    replied

Just to toss a little gasoline on the fire...

http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...its-crown.html

My questions will now be put to the test thanks to the submission of your thread timba!

Will the competition's voting system be called into question? Will the merits of the award be called into question? Will individuals cite every reason imaginable as to why this award should not count? Or will it be accepted at face value because Disney won and per the article has won in the past as well?

Leave a comment:

• Coheteboy
    replied

DISNEY HOLLYWOOD STUDIOS WON AN AWARD!

e_e

Leave a comment:

• Tomorrowland_1967
    replied

It might help if the title of the topic said - Midway Mania wins a "TEA" Award

Leave a comment:

• GummiBears_Rock
    replied

:lol:
    i enjoy reading all the witty comments

but yeah congrats to DCA!

Leave a comment:

• dland_lover
    replied

It won't load for me...