This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: DCA Wins an Award!!!

I haven't paid attention to enough of the results to see how people react to the awards. haha

Comment

Originally posted by techskip View Post
      Just to toss a little gasoline on the fire...

http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...its-crown.html

My questions will now be put to the test thanks to the submission of your thread timba!

Will the competition's voting system be called into question? Will the merits of the award be called into question? Will individuals cite every reason imaginable as to why this award should not count? Or will it be accepted at face value because Disney won and per the article has won in the past as well?
      To answer your questions
      Yes
      Yes
      Yes
      And Maybe,
      I hate to say it but in MY HONEST OPINION Toy Story MIDWAY Mania really dosn't deserve anything.
      It LOOKS fun and all but I havent rode it yet but from everything I have seen it looks to me like a copy paste BLAB for the other park with little improvements added to it.
      and thats it, I Did not like BLAB I thought it was boring and less than disney standards and I look at midway mania as more of the same. I mean how many Toy Story Shooting game rides can they make? I think the award is bogus at best and paid for at worst. My 2 cents
      I am Scary Scott,
      Call me a turn coat, a lunatic, loup garou, or skin walker. Shape shifter, lychanthrope, A moon watcher, or just crazy.
      I am Scary Scott, The steampunk, brony, author of Northern CA, that has just moved to Southern CA!
      Poor? Yes. Money? Forget about it, I got none! If I had it, I wouldn't for long, I want too much stuff!
      Disneyland for me is my absolute favorite place on earth, So I am the oddest werewolf you ever will meet.

Originally posted by sediment
      Scary: your post is dripping something. Tastes like sarcasm.
      Originally posted by Karalora
      This is excellent news! There are all sorts of good changes to the park that we were promised when Hell froze over.
      Hey, any of you like MLP Fan Fiction? (Laugh now, but It's practice for being an author some day!)
      Anyhow, check out my profile on fimfiction.net I'm Phoenix Quill there.

Comment

Originally posted by Imagineer Scott View Post
        I picture some shy kid who never wins an award coming up slowly to accept his reward and then some lively teenager barges in and shares the award and steals the spotlight.

DHS = teenager...

no, this "shy kid" has won awards before. see below.

Originally posted by Baloo View Post
        I have not read through the whole thread but if i remember correctly this is not the first time an attraction from DCA won a THEA award. Another one that i remember of clearly is the Animation attraction.
        yes, the Animation Building and Soarin' Over California at DCA have both won THEA awards in the past.
        - Adventure Is Waiting -

"We're going to take you out of this world of reality for a visit to the most fantastic of all the worlds of fantasy." - Walt Disney

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Scott View Post
          To answer your questions
          Yes
          Yes
          Yes
          And Maybe,
          I hate to say it but in MY HONEST OPINION Toy Story MIDWAY Mania really dosn't deserve anything.
          It LOOKS fun and all but I havent rode it yet but from everything I have seen it looks to me like a copy paste BLAB for the other park with little improvements added to it.
          and thats it, I Did not like BLAB I thought it was boring and less than disney standards and I look at midway mania as more of the same. I mean how many Toy Story Shooting game rides can they make? I think the award is bogus at best and paid for at worst. My 2 cents
          Regardless of whether you think this ride deserves an award or not, it seems rather unfair to judge an attraction that you have never ridden.

Comment

It is much better then BLAB... Much better.

Comment

Originally posted by CinderellaStory View Post
              Regardless of whether you think this ride deserves an award or not, it seems rather unfair to judge an attraction that you have never ridden.
              And the comedy of this is that there were PLENTY of posts in the thread cited of people coming down on "winners" without having ridden them. All at the defense of Disney.
              "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

sigpic

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

Comment

And the comedy of this is that there were PLENTY of posts in the thread cited of people coming down on "winners" without having ridden them. All at the defense of Disney.
                I agree with your premise, people are overly defensive of Disney when they don't place high in surveys and awards. I personally think the awards all have some merit, it's easy to pick them apart, but for the most part I agree with them. I think some of the rides and parks that have beat Disney were better in those particular aspects. Few parks compare well overall to DL, but there are a few that aren't far off, and better then many of Disney's parks if you looked at them as stand alone.

I think TSMM probably was the most innovative and interesting attraction of the year. I don't think it's a great attraction, but it probably deserved the award nonetheless, at least just for its technical achievements and broad appeal.

Comment

You know what, as much as I hate traipsing over to DCA to wait 45 minutes in that line... It really, really deserves it. Every time I disembark I'm kind of blown away by how totally solid the entire experience is. I think Disney has settled for Good Enough a lot in DCA, and TSMM is probably my favorite ride in the resort since Indy.

Bravo.:clap:
                  "Shall there be truth between us, as two men? Not as friends, but as equals? There is an offer you will get rarely, Roland. Only equals speak the truth, that's my thought on it. Friends and lovers lie endlessly, caught in the web of regard. How tiresome!"
                  -Walter O' Dim.

Comment

Then that was unfair of those posts as well.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X