Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Electrical Parade No Longer At DCA Confirmed?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Electrical Parade No Longer At DCA Confirmed?

Okay, so I was reading the "Ask Dave" section in my Disney Insider e-mail today and something caught my attention in the "Ask Dave" section. It's in regards to the Electrical Parade. It states the Electrical Parade is done being "there" in August?

Anyone have any information on this? Is this confirmation that the parade is going back to Disneyland?

Thanks!
    ...Joe...

Re: Electrical Parade No Longer At DCA Confirmed?

The parade has allready been confirmed as going back to Disneyland, in celebration of the 55th anniversary. However, I'm pretty sure it's going back to California Adventure after.

Comment

oh i didn't know it was going to Disneyland?
      i thought when it was coming back it was at DCA
      Originally posted by JungleCruiseFan
      You know what they say- The party don't start 'til Jordon walks in.
      Originally posted by penguinsoda

Comment

I heard a rumor that it was coming back for the 55th anniversary, but I didn't know that it was going to go back to DCA. I want it to stay!!! :crybye:
        Last edited by RedHandedJill; 11-17-2009, 06:42 PM.

"Well I don't know about you folks, but it's way past my bedtime."

Comment

Wow, seriously? Back to Disneyland? OMG I'm so happy!

I can't believe I never heard this!

Yahoo! :lol:

Comment

Uh... I haven't seen ANY confirmation of the Electrical Parade returning to Disneyland...

Comment

I just noticed that. I guess it's dead... again... now, anyway.

I haven't heard anywhere else that it's returning to Disneyland besides in Al's Column, and that I don't count on very much.
              DisneyTwins
              Since May 2003

Comment

@stitchon, me neither. =/

Comment

Hmm on the Disneyland Map/ DCA DEP is one of the events in it, so I dont know...... but I guess. I thought it was in DCA already because in July/August we were there for the premiere of the new one....

~babs

Thank you Solitary!

Comment

Originally posted by ♥disney.princess♥ View Post
                    The parade has allready been confirmed as going back to Disneyland, in celebration of the 55th anniversary. However, I'm pretty sure it's going back to California Adventure after.
                    Um, where was this "confirmed"? Did I miss an announcement? Al Lutz, as good as his info is much of the time, is not official confirmation. Be careful not to confuse people who don't know this.

Back to Mr. Smith, I think this could be a semantics things, not actual confirmation. As DEP is currently not running, it did end its run "there" in August. It will likely resume its run "there" in December after the various portions of the parade route become available again. Smith probably didn't mention this so as to not get it wrong if schedules should change.

The rumors are strong for a return to DL next year, but nothing has been said about it going back to DCA at any point. There was talk at one time of creating a new night parade for DCA in the future, but the status on that is very unclear. It's seems very likely that DCA will be unable to support any parades for a while during the BVS and Carsland constructions.
                    Formerly kaliwolf.

Comment

I think the comment just was meant so that people didn't get confused and think it is running currently. I think it's coming back to DCA in late December through the new year and I don't think Disney's confirmed anything after that.

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Bob View Post
                        I think the comment just was meant so that people didn't get confused and think it is running currently. I think it's coming back to DCA in late December through the new year and I don't think Disney's confirmed anything after that.
                        That seems true. =/

Comment

Thanks for the responses, everybody. That's why I posed the question here since it wasn't made very clear in the "Ask Dave" section.

Thanks again!

...Joe...

Comment

I was talking to a resort developer the other day and he said they are still trying to keep it in DCA to have equivalant entertainment as disney for the nighttime. He said they dont wanna lose guests after pixar play. I think its better in DCA as its only gonna create a traffic nightmare in disney even earlier in the night. DCA has room for crowds. I know its at DCA at least for christmas and from what I understood was that when the front entrance is being worked on it will just go from the paradise pier gate to the tortilla gate. Am I wrong?

Comment

I'm sorry. Bad choice of words, I didn't think people would take it so seriously, i meant to just say that it is rumored to come back to Disneyland for the 55th anniversary. We're all Disney fans, I didn't think people would be so mean to me, I'll be more careful with my choice of words in the future. I was only trying to help answer the OP's question.

Comment

Originally posted by DCADude View Post
                                I was talking to a resort developer the other day and he said they are still trying to keep it in DCA to have equivalant entertainment as disney for the nighttime. He said they dont wanna lose guests after pixar play. I think its better in DCA as its only gonna create a traffic nightmare in disney even earlier in the night. DCA has room for crowds. I know its at DCA at least for christmas and from what I understood was that when the front entrance is being worked on it will just go from the paradise pier gate to the tortilla gate. Am I wrong?
                                That might happen, but if it does, it will only be for a while seeing as that area will become the main drag into carsland. What I wanna know is what the final parade route is for DCA once everything is done. It's been said that they're adding the "wire" to BVS, so that would limit height of parades, so will it still go through there? Or Carsland? Or another option?

Comment

That's very interesting. I hope Dave is right on this one.

Comment

Well, it's a good rumor.

What I have heard rumor wise has been that it will go to Disneyland because they will be doing construction on the parade route at DCA, but saying it's for the anniversary would be pretty cleaver.

Comment

The Electrical Parade is beginning it's Christmas run Dec. 18 at DCA.
                                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Wendygirl View Post
                                        The Electrical Parade is beginning it's Christmas run Dec. 18 at DCA.
                                        That is what I thought! I wish it was running when we go the 8th!
                                        --Leslie ~See my photos on FLICKR ~

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X