This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News Toy Story Midway Mania Wins Top 2009 International TEA Award

Disney ride wins top international award - Around Disney : The Orange County Register

What an honor for Toy Story Midway Mania! Good news in the OC Register concerning the international Themed Entertainment Association (TEA) having awarded a 2009 top new ride recognition award to Disney's Toy Story Midway Mania (for both the California and Florida versions). A few other attractions in other parks received the same honor, most noticeably USF's "Disaster".

Over time, Disney has received nine (9) attraction awards from TEA, and
    twenty-five (25) for non-attraction categories. Jesse Shell of Shell Games is credited as the primary designer of Toy Story Midway Mania that was created in collaboration with WDI. Disney's Cyberspace Mountain is another Collaborative project designed by Jesse Shell and Company and WDI.
    Last edited by Ride Warrior; 11-19-2009, 08:47 PM.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

Re: Toy Story Mania Wins Top 2009 International TEA Award

What is this "Toy Story Mania!", of which you speak? Oh, wait... OH! You mean "Toy Story Midway Mania!". Well, why didn't you say so in the first place? :razz:

Congrats to one of my favorite rides! :clap:

Comment

Re: Toy Story Mania Wins Top 2009 International TEA Award

Originally posted by dland_lover View Post
      What is this "Toy Story Mania!", of which you speak? Oh, wait... OH! You mean "Toy Story Midway Mania!". Well, why didn't you say so in the first place? :razz:

Congrats to one of my favorite rides! :clap:
      I'm compelled to join you in applause, dland_lover! :clap:

Comment

Re: Toy Story Midway Mania Wins Top 2009 International TEA Award

Good going to TSMM!
        Check out my Toy Story Mania 500,000 Run.
        www.twitter.com/BCC4321

Ask me Anything.

Comment

Finally DCA wins an Awards. Hopefully Little Mermaid, Wonderful World, and Cars Land will help win DCA some more.
          Happy Halloween!!!

Comment

This doesn't surprise me at all. In addition to being a fun attraction, TSMM is an innovation that will open up new technological breakthroughs. To my knowledge, it is the world's first interactive 3D ride.

The selection of Disaster at USF is a bit surprising, though. It's a pretty good attraction, but how different is it from the old Earthquake: The Big One? They added a new pre-show, refurbished the ride, and that's about it. I would have given the nod to The Simpsons ride instead. It's an exciting, funny, thrilling state of the art motion simulator.

Comment

Originally posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
              Finally DCA wins an Awards. Hopefully Little Mermaid, Wonderful World, and Cars Land will help win DCA some more.
              Add the Carthay Circle Theater to the list and...
              What a wonderful, wonderful, wonderful world it would be.

Comment

Originally posted by disneyfann121 View Post
                This doesn't surprise me at all. In addition to being a fun attraction, TSMM is an innovation that will open up new technological breakthroughs. To my knowledge, it is the world's first interactive 3D ride.

The selection of Disaster at USF is a bit surprising, though. It's a pretty good attraction, but how different is it from the old Earthquake: The Big One? They added a new pre-show, refurbished the ride, and that's about it. I would have given the nod to The Simpsons ride instead. It's an exciting, funny, thrilling state of the art motion simulator.
                Well stated, disneyfan. TSMM is a merger of entertainment genra and technology that hasn't been combined before.

Other that being a top notch fun and exciting new attraction, there doesn't seem tbe any criteria for being selected for theseawards. Nevertheless, Universal's Disaster isn't in te sa league as TSMM. The other rides on te list don't even compare with Disaster.

Comment

I think Tim Babb already posted this a few days ago.
                  Not anxious to die Sir, just anxious to matter.
                  http://www.youtube.com/user/jediz28

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X