Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why Will You Be Standing In Line To Watch Captain EO?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Why Will You Be Standing In Line To Watch Captain EO?

I mean I just caught the show on YouTube, not suppose to be there {shaking finger at person who posted it, back at me for viewing it} and I will not be one of those peeps who want to stand in line to catch it again on the big screen in 3D. This has nothing to do with Mr. Jackson as I have no opinion on him, love a few of his songs but I was just never crazy about Captain EO.

But I would love to know why so many here on MiceChat and around the world, if Captain EO is put in international DL's, will be willing to wait in long lines opening week to watch Captain EO again.

Everyone share their love for Captain EO and why you will stand in line waiting, waiting, waiting for the next show time, cause I know many of you will be waiting forever and a day to get in that theatre!
    I'm Standing In Line For Captain EO!
    81.36%
    I'm Standing In Line For Michael Jackson!
    18.64%

The poll is expired.

Re: Why Will You Be Standing In Line To Watch Captain EO?

I will be one of the very first
    Get @ me Tweet - www.twitter.com/infamous

Comment

His personal foibles aside, Michael Jackson is one of the greatest entertainers the world has known. People love him the world over, and will for many generations to come. And now that he is dead, his legend will only continue to grow. Disney is smart to cash in on it.

Comment

Hhhhmmm.... Well when we go we make it "known" to go to any thing and everything special for that month... Hence, Halloween, Christmas... Ex; tonight we're going for all the wonderful Christmas decorations, and fireworks (yay for snow on main street!)

So we will certainly be waiting for Captain EO when that comes!
        Hey everyone has to see things once! (Hence 70 mins for ghost galaxy!!!)

Comment

I won't be the first in line, but I'll bring the kids to see it. It will certainly bring back some fun memories of the 1980's.

Comment

Perhaps a poll is in order; to determine who is there for Michael, who is there for EO, and who is there for both...
            "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

sigpic

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

Comment

If EO is playing during one of my visits, and if the wait is not too insanely long, I'll go. I never saw it in that theater or in 3D at all, so I figure it'd be good to take advantage of a chance to do so. I'm not a huge fan of the attraction, but still. I'd say it's mostly interest in Disneyland's history that would motivate me to go, not Michael Jackson fandom, though I certainly enjoy a fair amount of the man's music, and he could dance like no one else.
              Last edited by Datameister; 11-20-2009, 08:32 AM.

Comment

Captain EO was awesome I got to see it when I was a kid in 90's, but I also grew up as a Michael Jackson fan as well. So for me if it's there when I go it will be a very high priority to see it (maybe more than once), or if I can swing a second trip to Disneyland next year just to se the show that's also a possibility either way I'll gladly get in line to see the Captain EO one more time.
                "It matters not how strait the gate how charged with Punishments the scroll I am the master of my fate I am the captain of my soul" -- W.E. Henley

Comment

Has a date been announced for the premier?

Comment

For me, Captain EO has nothing to do with Michael Jackson. When I was growing up in the 80's, I probably heard his name AT LEAST once or twice a day. It can't be denied that he made an impact with his music over the years. However, I will be standing in line for Captain EO, not for Michael Jackson.

It is a bit of nostalgia for me, as others have said. During it's early run, there was really nothing else Captain EO. It was the type of show that you would watch EVERY time you visit the parks (unlike other 3D attractions which you may visit once a year, or less). I've been an annual passholder for a few years now, and have frequented Disneyland even longer. I'm sad to say that Honey I Shrunk the Audience is an attraction that I've seen maybe 5 times during it's entire run.

Captain EO had energy, adventurous excitement, excellent production value, engaging music, and unique characters. Not to mention the in-house effects that can't be duplicated while streaming a lousy copy on YouTube.

It's a great show, and I'm happy for Jackson fans everywhere if it comes back. I really think that Captain EO isn't just for the Michael Jackson fans though. I'm sure there are many non or casual fans of him that are just as excited to see the show again.

For example: I get goosebumps just thinking of waiting in the queue, watching the Captain EO symbol rotate, and hearing that synthesized twinkle sound (not to mention the entire wall turning into stars when the show starts). It's not about the moonwalk for me.

Comment

For me, Captain EO has nothing to do with Michael Jackson. When I was growing up in the 80's, I probably heard his name AT LEAST once or twice a day. It can't be denied that he made an impact with his music over the years. However, I will be standing in line for Captain EO, not for Michael Jackson.
                      DITTO that, buddy.

Comment

It's honestly not a bid deal for me. I vaguely remember seeing it as it a kid, but it never did anything for me. I wouldn't wait in a really long line to see it, but if it was fairly short... maybe...

"Well I don't know about you folks, but it's way past my bedtime."

Comment

Originally posted by Sosai X View Post
                          His personal foibles aside, Michael Jackson is one of the greatest entertainers the world has known.
                          Second only to James Brown.

Comment

I'll be there for sure!!

Comment

I'll be enjoying the short lines on all the other attractions while you wait in line. Yaayyy me!

Comment

No. I never saw it the first time around and have no desire to see it this time. Its not that I have anything against MJ... I grew up with him and he had an amazing talent and did some wonderful music, I just am not that big a fan.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Originally posted by AGhostFromThePast
                                all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

Comment

For me the movie is filed with memories of visiting Disneyland when I was a kid and young adult. I'm not going to lie, he was/is my favorite singer. And at that time Return of the Jedi was my favorite movie. So in one attraction you had the thrill of Star Wars, the music of Michael Jackson, and the magic of Disney...all crossing over to make a perfect storm of awesome!!!

I guess what separates it from MJ's other works is it's not just MJ doing his thing. It's a creative team using MJ as a tool to tell a crazy story.

"What if we told the story of like a crazy musical Jedi?"

"Mark Hamill can't sing."

"Ok...so let's call Michael Jackson"

**Head explodes from awesomeness**

Comment

I just wanna see it again in the theatre. I remember going to watch it with my dad when i was a little kid and loving it so much. It has been well over a decade since its last showing and i think it would be awesome to bring it back for a while. I am sick of hearing people complain about not wanting it brought back. There are overwhelming groups of people who want the peoplemover brought back and the bear country jamboree restored but for some reason i don't understand, no love for captain eo. What is the deal with that? It is about nostalgia for me and takes me to a time when disneyland was a place where anything could happen.
                                    Goonies Never Say Die

Comment

Because I would love to see it in 3D in the Magic Eye Theater, how it was intended to be watched. As I've said before, I don't really remember Tomorrowland before '98... so I'm not sure if I even saw it or not. I found out about it a couple of years ago when I was looking up attractions of Disneyland... but didn't actually watch it until early last month. And I loved it! )

And I'm debating whether or not I want to go to the premiere/ re-opening day (if they even have it... still waiting for the confirmation that it is indeed coming back...)... it's going to be crazy! It'd be fun though.

I will be standing in line for Captain EO, not for Michael Jackson.
                                      add another to this list.
                                      sigpic
                                      http://disneyjedi1.deviantart.com/

Comment

OMG I added a poll but forgot to include option 3. "I'm NOT Standing In Line As I Will Skip This!" Can someone with power update the poll? Thanks!

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X