• dmtnt55
    replied
    Re: First ride tradition?

Peter Pan's Flight.

Leave a comment:

• BestBeatingHeart
    replied

Indy, for sure. Always love seeing my old CM friends when I return there, see who's the Lead, talk memories for a bit... good stuff.

Leave a comment:

• Casey Jr
    replied

Matterhorn and Thunder Mountain are great rides to go on first thing when the park opens. The lines for Thunder Mountain usually take an hour or so to kick in since it is in the back of the park so you can ride it again and again. Also, Matterhorn is a short line, and a big line doesn't form until later in the day usually. My brother and I had a marathon on it, going from one side to the next, each side twice.
    -

Leave a comment:

• Jetlife
    replied

First ride...................... Wait for it...............

Wait for it...............

The Tram )

Sorry, Running Joke.

Leave a comment:

• Treasure
    replied

I always go on PotC first......its the first and last ride I go on.

Leave a comment:

• DaHatTrick
    replied

space mountain first

Leave a comment:

• Patricia_5119
    replied

Mad Tea Party, just because we head to Fantasyland first and it usually has the shortest line.

Leave a comment:

• SailorTweek
    replied

For me it has been Disneyland Railroad. You get to see almost the whole park and drink it in! ^_^

Leave a comment:

• Bleachedsilver
    replied

Originally posted by Bibbidi-Bobbidi-Bo View Post
    We usually do first Space Mountain
    I must admit...I broke the tradition of riding pirates first for the first time to ride SMGG the last time I went. Which was a pretty good move on my part seeing that we got there around park opening and got on in less then five minutes and grabbed a FP!

Leave a comment:

• Jachywalcott
    replied

Jungle Cruise has always been our first stop, Followed by Indy, POTC, and then take the DLRR all the way back to Main Street Station. This time I'm thinking of doing a quick run to Space Mountain to get Fastpass first, though that might still not feel right.

Leave a comment:

• whamo
    replied

For me, it's Mr. Toad. I was one of the first to ever ride it, back on opening day. I'm 57, but when I'm on the Toad, I'm 3 again. They toned down the ride, and nobody else seemed to notice, hell isn't so scary any more.

Leave a comment:

• kaykay07
    replied

in DCA we get FP in ToT (if available if not then we get CA Scream'n FP) then go to my beloved TSM

Leave a comment:

• MarkTwain
    replied

Interesting responses. It's funny to me how everyone seems to hop on a major E-ticket attraction upon going in. What my family usually does is to grab a Fastpass for something as soon as we enter, and then go on a smaller-scale attraction while we wait. For example, when we go into the Magic Kingdom, we'll veer into Tomorrowland, get a Fastpass for Buzz, and then go on the Carousel of Progress or PeopleMover in the meantime.

And we save the E-ticket attractions - like Pirates, Haunted Mansion, and BTMRR - for the nighttime, when they get really good. Kind of like a grand finale to our day in the park.

Leave a comment:

• TheGlassSlipper
    replied

If we're in DCA, we both really love TOT too!

Leave a comment:

• HiddenMickeyBook
    replied

We usually head for Pirates first, and usually get sidetracked on the Jungle Cruise.

Not that I am complaining! two of my favorites!

Leave a comment:

• MonstersGoBoo!
    replied

Now that Casey Jr.'s back up (YAY), it's definitely going to be my first ride of my visits

Leave a comment:

• GummiBears_Rock
    replied

that's soo cute with the "spot the matterhorn"

me and my brother kinda have the same thing
    but it's just more "who can see something from disneyland first?"

Leave a comment:

• oo_nrb
    replied

Originally posted by RedHandedJill View Post
    In my opinion, Pirates is a great first ride.
    Pirates is a fantastic first ride! And is always my first . There's just something so innately cool about first being immersed in New Orleans Square, then entering into the landing area and feeling the humid air hit you, then slowly going further and further into the building, hearing the skull start talking about not being able to turn back...

And then suddenly your senses get overwhelmed with it all. The darkness of the cave, the rush of the wind as you plunge down, the smells of the water and the cave... it's the perfect tempo and in my opinion the best way to start a Disney Day .

And then after something to ease me into my day, I can go onto Indy .

Leave a comment:

• FantasmicPrincess
    replied

When I was a kid and Disneyland was something we only got to enjoy once every few years, the first one to spot the Matterhorn from the freeway got to choose the first attraction!

Leave a comment:

• RedHandedJill
    replied

I try and ride Indy first, but the line is usually longer than we want to wait in, so we get a fastpass for it and then go on POTC In my opinion, Pirates is a great first ride.

Leave a comment:

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
Working...
X