• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • winder*wonder
    Banned User
    • Apr 2009

[Chat] People stop the madness!

i have just gone through probably five theards dedicated to: AP price haters,no good service, ridiculous prices, ect...

while, yes, maybe, these might be true lets focus on why we all come to this site in the first place:

we love disney.

Now, lets talk about something a little bit more cheerier...

what is that one memory that made you decide Disneyland was "your land"?

Mine was when my sister was 2, we visited the parks for the first time, and my sis was scared to death of fur characters. ( we first found out about her phobia at a Red Robin resturant...)ANYWAYS
    we were worried she would cry and scream and yell if she saw any of the characters. well we enter the park on the first day and while walking down mainstreet we spot mickey and minney. uh-oh right?
    wrong.
    my sis let go of my moms hand and walked right over to them. laughing. smiling.
    and thats when i decided that i loved disneyland. not sure why but thats it.
  • Mr. Potato Head
    • Oct 2009

Re: People stop the madness!

Fantasmic!

Comment

• CreBs07
      New MiceChatter
      • Jun 2008

I like your view on this =)

Well the memory that pops up in my head was just being a kid at Disneyland riding the Grand Railroad through the dinosaur area...
      http://www.flickr.com/photos/44169137@N08/

Comment

• winder*wonder
        Banned User
        • Apr 2009

Originally posted by CreBs07 View Post
        I like your view on this =)

Well the memory that pops up in my head was just being a kid at Disneyland riding the Grand Railroad through the dinosaur area...
        i love that too..being a kid and seeing dinosaours is proabably better than most when ur 9 yrs old...

Comment

• FREQDUDE
          Laughing Last..
          • Jun 2005

My "I'm sold" memory was waiting for the DLRR at main street, then the train comes into the station blowing the whistle, venting steam, hissing and clanking as it cruised into the station. I've made it a "first" every time we go.

Comment

• Ex-SmallWorld CM
            Banned User
            • Jun 2005

Originally posted by winder*wonder View Post
            i have just gone through probably five theards dedicated to: AP price haters,no good service, ridiculous prices, ect...

while, yes, maybe, these might be true lets focus on why we all come to this site in the first place:

we love disney.

Now, lets talk about something a little bit more cheerier...

what is that one memory that made you decide Disneyland was "your land"?

Mine was when my sister was 2, we visited the parks for the first time, and my sis was scared to death of fur characters. ( we first found out about her phobia at a Red Robin resturant...)ANYWAYS
            we were worried she would cry and scream and yell if she saw any of the characters. well we enter the park on the first day and while walking down mainstreet we spot mickey and minney. uh-oh right?
            wrong.
            my sis let go of my moms hand and walked right over to them. laughing. smiling.
            and thats when i decided that i loved disneyland. not sure why but thats it.
            Well said and frankly, I've had too many migraines from reading those threads. Anyways, my memory that I decided that Disneyland was "my land" was when I spent about 15 minutes in the area that is now the Space Mountain entrance/queue with Goofy and Donald Duck. That was a great time for me.

Comment

• orbitalpunk
              Majestic Falcon
              MiceChat Moderator
              • Sep 2005

Originally posted by winder*wonder View Post

we love disney.
              I'm down with that. When those threads go on and on , page after page, its gets ridiculous. There is not a whole lot we can do about certain issues and sparking flaming threads ends up just pissing Micechatters off. Instead of bickering with each other, do something constructive and form a letter campaign instead. Something real. If you dont like pricing, find free parking, dont like the coffee, bring your own. Do something real about it. Otherwise, it's like a bad movie, if you dont like it, just walk out. But firery threads really lead nowhere except a bunch of frustrated micechatters.

Oh yeah, it wasn't one memory for me. The feeling just happened. I've been so often it's all just a big giant blurry ball of joy. I think Walt the man had more to do with it also.

Micenation

Comment

• GummiBears_Rock
                Miss Teen Fresno of RCMC
                • Oct 2009

Originally posted by orbitalpunk View Post
                I'm down with that. When those threads go on and on , page after page, its gets ridiculous. There is not a whole lot we can do about certain issues and sparking flaming threads ends up just pissing Micechatters off. Instead of bickering with each other, do something constructive and form a letter campaign instead. Something real. If you dont like pricing, find free parking, dont like the coffee, bring your own. Do something real about it. Otherwise, it's like a bad movie, if you dont like it, just walk out. But firery threads really lead nowhere except a bunch of frustrated micechatters.

Oh yeah, it wasn't one memory for me. The feeling just happened. I've been so often it's all just a big giant blurry ball of joy. I think Walt the man had more to do with it also.
                couldn't have said it better myself.

my memory might be more when i'm in like the small world/matterhorn area. that area just feels like disneyland to me.
                Originally posted by JungleCruiseFan
                You know what they say- The party don't start 'til Jordon walks in.
                Originally posted by penguinsoda

Comment

• winder*wonder
                  Banned User
                  • Apr 2009

Originally posted by GummiBears_Rock View Post
                  couldn't have said it better myself.

my memory might be more when i'm in like the small world/matterhorn area. that area just feels like disneyland to me.

i love the fantasy feel...(hence the name) (duh) it doesnt feel like the rest of the world, and thats one of the reasons why it can be so special...

Comment

• Bob Weaver
                    MiceChatter
                    • Aug 2009

For me it was a combination of many things. The bayou scene, fireflies and nighttime sky at the beginning of Pirates. The glowing "burning" wood beams at the end of Pirates. The Rainbow Caverns at the end of the Mine Train, with the six colors of fluorescent water flowing in side-by-side channels. Injun Joe's Cave on Tom Sawyer Island. The organ playing by itself at the top of the Swiss Family Treehouse. The thunderstorm outside the windows in the hallway of the Haunted Mansion. The singing busts in the Haunted Mansion Graveyard. The twinkling white lights in the olive trees at the hub. The jar of leeches at the Upjohn Pharmacy on Main Street. The sunset behind Mr. Lincoln that morphed into an American flag. The teacups that magically moved out of the way on the original version of Alice. The caves to run around in at Skull Rock. The guys climbing up the Matterhorn. The Mighty Microscope ready to shrink me in the Adventure thru Inner Space. The siamese cat and the Progress City model in Carousel of Progress. The north pole in the Submarine Voyage. Riding the Monorail through the cool night air. The Primeval World diorama, particularly at the very end, the lava flowing down in the background. The fact that Disneyland was everything great all at once: Tomorrowland was like a World's Fair that was always there. The Mine Train was like visiting several national parks in 9 minutes. The twinkling lights in the trees reminded me of Christmas, even in the summer. Haunted Mansion made it seem like Halloween at any time of year. The nightly fireworks show made it seem like the 4th of July all summer. The frequent encounters with live musicians, numerous characters walking about, and hundreds of people in various costumes made it seem like you were in the middle of a giant movie being filmed. But the one image that sticks in my mind is standing at the Town Square of Main Street, looking towards the castle glowing blue and pink, as the Fantasy in the Sky fireworks were going off. At that moment, they had recreated the opening sequence from Disney's "Wonderful World of Color" TV series, with the castle and Tinkerbell touching off the fireworks - the same scene that you had seen on TV week after week was being performed live in front of your eyes on a giant scale.

Comment

• The Disneylander
                      Knows Where His Towel Is
                      • Jul 2007

It was when I rode Ghostrider at Knott's in 2000. I got addicted to roller coasters, then theme parks, then found Disneyland.

INTERGALACTIC WRITER FOR THE HITCHHIKER'S GUIDE TO THE GALAXY
                      HOOPY FROODS:thinkingofdisney11, DisneyIzz, A113, dmtnt55, MikeSkellington, zephr, Incrediboy, JungleCruiseFan, PerformerInWaiting, MainStreetJake, The Disneylander, littleactressann, DapperJoshua, padgerfan, SS77, DisneyLove, GummiBears_Rock, fangalicious44, animekiti4christ, *disneyprincess*, monorailorange33, Colorized, iskategoofy, stevo505, mandypandy, williamtheking, CaptainEO,Atis, firebolt413, cocoa, WendyInWonderland, ICe101, itsxxdomoxxkun, esquivel

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER!
                      ASK ME ANYTHING! :: FORMSPRING.ME
                      FOLLOW MY BLOG: <<LIFE, THE UNIVERSE, AND EVERYTHING>>

Comment

• HiddenMickeyBook
                        Bring back the Keelboats!
                        • Oct 2009

I met a ride operator who was the funniest guy I had ever heard. 28 years later we are still friends!
                        sigpic
                        Hidden Mickey - Historical fiction about Walt that mixes action and mystery with time travel and fantasy! Tweens to adults will enjoy these novels. And now, three gamebooks to play in Disneyland, DCA and WDW Magic Kingdom!

Check out my six action/adventure novels about Walt's lost diary and his epic quest. Visit my blog page!

Sometimes Dead Men DO Tell Tales!

Comment

• Goover
                          I eat TR's for breakfast!
                          • Jul 2008

Well, complaining is a lot of what MiceChat is for...If we didn't complain what the heck would we have to talk about all the time....?

EDIT: to answer your question....

VMK made me deside Disneyland was my land. That game truly changed my life. It's why I'm even on this website.

Comment

• sleepyjeff
                            Spree Candy
                            • Jan 2005

As soon as Disney stops giving us cause for concern then we here on MiceChat won't have to start threads voicing those concerns

My hooked moment:

June of 1979, after a wonderful day at the park my family and I are in line for the Jungle Cruise. The drums were beating from the nearby Tahitian Terrace, the air was mild and sweet, my family was discussing the upcoming boat adventure.......and then something happened; a feeling of elation, of total happiness/comfort/safety/excitement and probably another 30 positive feelings that mere adjectives can't do justice suddenly came over me....

In short, it was the happiest single moment of my childhood and it occurred in a queue
                            Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

Comment

• Mr. Gaston
                              MiceChatter
                              • Oct 2009

Disneyland is awesome..

But Disneyworld will always be my home away from home

Comment

• SpaceDad
                                Space Mountain Junky
                                • May 2009

When I was about 7 (25 years ago) I remember standing near the escalator entrance to Space Mountain for about 30 minutes, scared to go up. My mom finally got me to go up and get on the ride. I fell in love with the park right there in outer space.

Comment

• Jachywalcott
                                  Bit of a foamer, honestly
                                  • Jan 2007

I've been going to Disneyland since before I was old enough to remember, so I can't tell you when I fell in love with it, but it must have been when I was small.

Comment

• DisneyMickey
                                    Banned User
                                    • Jan 2005

I first don't understand why people complain about the service so much. Each time I have gone to the park, I have wonderful encounters with the Cast. Obviously you are going to encounter at least one rude CM out of 60 different interactions, but I don't understand why people let that ruin their visits when some of us vist upwards of 10 times a year.

Maybe we should burn the place the ground and then we'll be able to realize how much we take for granted.

Comment

• crazy4murphy
                                      Bri
                                      • Sep 2009

FANTASMIC! I knew Disneyland was amazing but after that I was sold.
                                      *~~~When your heart is in your dream, no request is too extreme.~~~*

Comment

• whamo
                                        MiceChatter
                                        • Jun 2007

Walking into Disneyland on opening day, 1955, at age 3, listening to Walt's speech -- that's when I knew Disneyland was my land.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X