Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which Magic Kingdom park opening would you want to attend?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Fun] Which Magic Kingdom park opening would you want to attend?

Imagine if you could go back in time and spend a day at the opening day of one magic kingdom park? which would it be? Which park would you most want to live the opening day atmosphere and go on long lost rides?

personally, I would want to go to DL opening most because it is probably the most historic of them all plus I have always wanted to ride some of those now gone rides like Rocket to the Moon and natures wonderland rides.

(I hope this is in the ride place)

Re: Which Magic Kingdom park opening would you want to attend?

With all the problems that happened on opening day of Disneyland, I would rather revisit the early 1980's. I had a blast then.

I would like to go to Disneyland Paris opening, if the time machine was working! And money wasn't an issue. And I could choose who went with me. And...
    sigpic
    Hidden Mickey - Historical fiction about Walt that mixes action and mystery with time travel and fantasy! Tweens to adults will enjoy these novels. And now, three gamebooks to play in Disneyland, DCA and WDW Magic Kingdom!

Check out my six action/adventure novels about Walt's lost diary and his epic quest. Visit my blog page!

Sometimes Dead Men DO Tell Tales!

Comment

The Anaheim one but really just to meet Walt. The opening day was disastrous and became known as "Black Sunday." It reached 100 degrees that day too. Plus the park was in its infancy and didn't have that many attractions. It took about 15 years for Disneyland to reach maturity as a theme park, until about 1970, when New Orleans Square was in place, the new Tomorrowland was complete, and the landscaping had grown enough to give Disneyland a true park-like atmosphere. But still it would have been exciting and fun to be there on the first day of the entire Disney theme park history and hopefully to meet Walt himself.

Comment

I want to ride with Weaver. I call shotgun.

Comment

This is a complete no-brainer to me: Disneyland.

Say what you will about the park not being complete, the troubles of opening day, the heat, etc., to be there and see Walt - priceless!

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
          Working...
          X