Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you like FAKE or REAL Christmas Trees?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Do you like FAKE or REAL Christmas Trees?

I'm guessing that it's a lot more work for DLR to have the tree real because they have to order/deliver it, decorate it with ornaments and lights, plus remove them at the end. I would go to DLR during December when I was little and the tree was ALWAYS different plus the decor around the park but currently everything looks the same.

2002 - white tree, red & silver ornaments, and the clear lights.
    (how is the tree real since it's white?)

toontown tree

2003- colorful lights and ornaments. A snowman meet n great, and Santa's Sled. btw they gave out free candy canes.

over sized wreath (now gone, I think)

2005-Golden tree with clear lights. lol my hat looks like an ornament. Golden hat with a golden tree.
    Fake
    41.33%
    Real
    58.67%
    Last edited by DannyLand; 11-21-2009, 11:53 AM.

Re: Do you like FAKE or REAL Christmas Trees?

I prefer real Christmas trees in general. You just can't beat that fresh "tree" smell. Plus, we've only ever gotten real trees and I have such fond memories of going to the Santa Cruz mountains and chopping ours down when I was young, or going to Christmas tree lots.

"Well I don't know about you folks, but it's way past my bedtime."

Comment

Real. You just can't substitute the feelings.

Comment

I like real trees better as well. There's just something about the smell and the sheen of the needles that can't be duplicated with a fake tree.

I'm usually not much of a safety nut, but there's a serious fire hazard with a real tree. I realize that DL is pretty safe as far as fires go, but if one of them ever went up.....wow!

Rob

Comment

Originally posted by micromind View Post

I realize that DL is pretty safe as far as fires go, but if one of them ever went up.....wow!

Rob
          Uh... the tree did catch on fire at DLR. see look...
          http://a.abclocal.go.com/images/kabc...asTreeFire.jpg

Comment

I prefer real for look, smell, feel, etc. I think most people would agree. But I can understand Disney making the switch and don't have a problem with it.

Comment

Deleted by user.
              Last edited by EpTxGuy; 11-23-2009, 06:30 AM.
              As nice as the other parks are, we must always remember that it all began at Disneyland. Disneyland should be the crown jewel in the Disney crown.

Comment

You're kidding me this is even a question?! Hands down R-E-A-L!!! I love the smell! Thats what makes Christmas Christmas!

Comment

Plus those fake ones are a pain in the a** to put together!!! (at least my parent's is, one branch at a time!!!) Thank goodness I dont live with them because we'd spend quality "family day" doing that!

Comment

We've never had a fake Christmas tree at home and never will. That's our choice.

As far as the fake Christmas tree at DL goes, yep, it was sad to see the real tree replaced with a phoney one. No doubt.

But unless I am willing to pony up the money for Disney to put in a real one (and I'm not), there will be no whining from me.

And besides, there is so much other "fake" stuff throughout the Park, why not a fake Christmas tree??? :lol:

Merry Christmas!

Comment

I like real. Something about a tree that big and it being real just lifted my spirits. The smell was wonderful! I understand if it has to be fake for safety. I wouldn't want Disneyland to burn up.
                      *~~~When your heart is in your dream, no request is too extreme.~~~*

Comment

I've had real and fake trees and I like real ones. I can appreciate fake trees though because some of the upper end trees are very nice looking. Also some years it has been nice to not have to water them or clean up needles!
                        Yaye!

Comment

At home I prefer a real tree, but once my daughter moved out and it got to the point that she lived to far away or couldn't be home because of work/school, I did switch over to a fake tree. It just made more sense economically and ease of set up/clean up etc.

As for what they have at Disneyland, the real trees were nice, but I can see how its to their advantage to switch over to the fake. Esp. now that the Main Street tree is sync'd to the lights on the castle, its just easier and faster for them to have it "pre fab'd" so they can get it set up quicker.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Originally posted by AGhostFromThePast
                          all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

Comment

I far prefer real trees over fake ones for my own home, but if Disneyland wants to go artificial, I can't really fault them nor will it reduce my enjoyment of the park decorations. In order to have a real tree on Main Street, it has to be so saturated with preservatives and fire retardants that it doesn't smell right anyway. If the tree is flocked (has the fake snow coating like in the 2002 photo), the scent is reduced even further.
                            Like this post? Read more like it at The Disneyland Dilettante!

Comment

I understand why they went to a fake tree, but I sure miss that smell when I'd walk into the park.

Until last year, Disneyland was the only park still using a real tree.
                              Crazy Works For Me!

Comment

dont know.. ive been used to fake trees for years.
                                My Art site
                                http://mediafan658.deviantart.com/

Comment

I prefer real trees, but I do understand the need for artificial ones.
                                  My only complaint about the DLR tree is that it looks so fake. It is shaped too much like a perfect cone... Can't they make an artificial tree that looks like the real thing, not so conical looking...?

Comment

I was a die hard live tree fan for decades. Yr before last on a whim, I bought a fake one 75% off...had it up for the first time last year.

I LOVE that thing!! No fuss, no muss, all the lights already there, open like an umbrella and voi'la!

Thought I'd miss the smell, and I do. But I compensate w/ cedar garland all over the house, not quite the same but close enough to keep me happy.
                                    Just countin' the days til the next visit!

Comment

Real! The smell is great.

sigpic

Comment

As far as Disneyland's tree, it doesn't really make a difference to me. When they had the real tree, it was so saturated with fire retardant that it looked and felt fake anyways.

And, if it means having the new light show with it, then I'll take the fake tree anyday

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X