Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Is This Carriage From Disneyland?

My friend saw this afew hours ago on the 15. Anyone know if it is from Disneyland?

Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

sigpic

Re: Is This Carriage From Disneyland?

I think it's a "Cinderella carriage" that can be rented for weddings.

Weddings - Southern California Cinderella Carriage CA Horse Drawn Carriage Wedding Carriages

I don't think it's Disney, but if they ever did a Cinderella parade, they should get one.

Comment

Looks too bad to be Disney.

Comment

It's been on display in the Grand Ballroom of the DLH for the T-Day Feast in the past (Easter Buffet too). We have taken pics of the kids next to it on a few occassions. We've seen it parked on the DLH grounds as well. Probably for a wedding...

Of course, it is naked in the pic. They dress it up for the event.

I'll let you know after we finish up our meal on Thursday. We'll be there!

Happy Thanksgiving!

Comment

Ah maybe it is on its way? Or maybe it is unrelated.

I know WDW has one but i guess it makes sense for DL to not have one lol Duh.
          Good morning, son
          In twenty years from now
          Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
          And I can tell you 'bout today
          And how I picked you up and everything changed
          It was pain
          Sunny days and rain
          I knew you'd feel the same things...

sigpic

Comment

Since the horse is in the back of the truck, I'd guess a wedding.

But they might just leave it there for the Buffet too.

Minus the live horse, of course! :lol:

Comment

I've seen weddings at DL that used it. (Or something that looks EXACTLY like it.)

Comment

Disney has one that is similar, but this particular rig looks to be a private service.

Disney wouldn't have a big company name on the side of the truck, and have the carriage out in plain view to know what's up.

Educated Speculation: If they were going to take it on the road for parades, Disney's rig would have a fully enclosed trailer so the carriage is well hidden from view, and a separate stock trailer for the horses and tack.

And it would either be a plain unmarked white truck save for the CA insurance number and CHP stickers, or have a very small and semi-anonymous sign on the cab doors (perhaps "Circle D Ranch" with the fancy D) that only us true geeks (or Security at the gate expecting them) would figure out.

--<< Bruce >>--
                There's No Place Like 127.0.0.1

Comment

that's fun to see on a freeway, last time we saw the goodyear blimp.
                  Originally posted by JungleCruiseFan
                  You know what they say- The party don't start 'til Jordon walks in.
                  Originally posted by penguinsoda

Comment

Where on the 15? There is a service that drives a carriage like that around Victoria Gardens for a fee, and VG is right off the 15. Perhaps it was them?

Comment

I thought it looked like something from one of the parades, maybe from a float in the Electrical Parade.

Comment

Disney had one on display at D23 as well that was very simmilar.

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce Bergman View Post

Disney wouldn't have a big company name on the side of the truck, and have the carriage out in plain view to know what's up.

--<< Bruce >>--

Hi Bruce,
                          That was the tip off to me as well, but then I it dawned on me that there is a possibility Disney is outsourcing the upkeep/repair of some of their vehicles. I mean, that thing does indeed look identical to the Disney version! Even the apparant thickness of the tires on the wheels.
                          First Visit at the age of 12, July 17, 1968.
                          First Ride, The Disneyland and Santa Fe Railroad.
                          BRING BACK THE PEOPLE MOVER!

Comment

Originally posted by ttrocc7007 View Post
                            Hi Bruce,
                            That was the tip off to me as well, but then I it dawned on me that there is a possibility Disney is outsourcing the upkeep/repair of some of their vehicles.
                            It's not a real likelihood. What on that carriage would need any kind of upkeep that they couldn't do at the park?

I remember seeing a stakebed truck filled with AA figures on WWOC about 40 years ago, but when I lived in Anaheim, everything that got moved into or out of the park was always in box trucks or ate the least under tarps.

The combination of these two factors is a pretty strong indication that the pumpkin coach belongs to someone else who is out of their gourd.

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce Bergman View Post
                              Really?

Comment

Originally posted by WALL-E View Post
                                I remember seeing a stakebed truck filled with AA figures on WWOC about 40 years ago, but when I lived in Anaheim, everything that got moved into or out of the park was always in box trucks or ate the least under tarps.
                                Yeah, that particular footage burned itself into my memory: Pirates of the Caribbean figures being transported--standing up and fully dressed--down the freeway in an open flatbed truck. It was memorable because even as a wee one, I was struck by how fakey and stagey it was: surely if you worked for Walt Disney, you had enough sense to use a tarp.

Comment

Originally posted by WALL-E View Post
                                  The combination of these two factors is a pretty strong indication that the pumpkin coach belongs to someone else who is out of their gourd.
                                  The details and design appear to be identical...

(oh, and nice pun!)
                                  Last edited by Steve DeGaetano; 11-22-2009, 09:46 AM.

Comment

I actually saw what looked like pieces for the electrical parade (including a Cinderella carriage) wrapped up and partially covered on the back of a flatbed truck a couple years ago on the 118 similar to the picture Steve DeGaetano posted.

I do believe in fairies. I do. I do.

Comment

That IS a Disney carriage. What's it doing on a trailer and where is it going, I don't know.

Comment

That's not the coach Disney uses for the weddings - at least it wasn't last year when we got married. Here are a couple pics of their coach (there's so much more detail - not including the fake flowers they put on and there is only one bench to sit on).

They have a nearly identical coach to the OP's picture that they use out at the Mission Inn at Christmas time. We don't have a full size picture of it but here's one with my brother & fiancee in it (what sticks out is the gold metallic material used for the seats in the coach).

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X