This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Idea] Up Attraction?

I thought I'd put "up" a thread seeing if anyone had any ideas for an attraction based around the movie Up since I just finished watching it again. I could really imagine a ride/walkthrough about it in Adventureland, actually, where Tarzan's Treehouse is currently located.
    Let your minds run free, and remember, "adventure is out there!"

^Art by me!
    Check out my
    Flickr page for a selection of my Disneyland Resort photography (and more)! {new photos 8.19.15}
    You can purchase a selection of my photos as well as clothing and stickers designed by me at my RedBubble page.
    Visit my
    Tumblr blog for another way to view and share my photos.
    Radiator Springs Racers ride count: 22

Re: Up Attraction?

I would put it in DCA rather than DL. I would make it like Peter Pan's Flight, flying below a bunch of balloons. Start off taking off from a San Francisco like city, flying over some California landmarks, making your way down to South America. Fly past a few scenes from the movie and then back home.

Comment

Soarin' over California with Carl Fredrickson.
      Please...don't call me simmer, call me Mike Folf.
      I am a Canis Lupus Vulpes Americanis Califius, otherwise known as a Californian Folf.

"Cool shades, Mike!"

Art Tweet Comic Tube

Comment

Originally posted by KEBSD View Post
        I thought I'd put "up" a thread seeing if anyone had any ideas for an attraction based around the movie Up since I just finished watching it again. I could really imagine a ride/walkthrough about it in Adventureland, actually, where Tarzan's Treehouse is currently located.
        Let your minds run free, and remember, "adventure is out there!"
        It doesn't fit the theme of Adventureland in any way. While I loved "Up", I would hate to see another attraction based on Pixar so soon. But that's a common vent. If it HAD to go anywhere, I'd say Fantasyland or HPB in DCA, but ... no.

Comment

how about a rethemed Redwood Creek Challenge Trail at DCA, all about Russel's Explorer Troop. With a cameo from Carl of course. Time to kick out Brother Bear.

Comment

Originally posted by WJNM View Post
            It doesn't fit the theme of Adventureland in any way. While I loved "Up", I would hate to see another attraction based on Pixar so soon. But that's a common vent. If it HAD to go anywhere, I'd say Fantasyland or HPB in DCA, but ... no.
            "Adventure is out there!"

Although I personally think the park's seen enough Pixar, I gotta play devil's advocate. :evil: Adventure was clearly one of the major themes in Up, from Charles Muntz's flying to South America in the Spirit of Adventure, to Carl Fredericksen trekking through the jungle for the majority of the movie, to
            Spoiler
            the big aerial showdown and Carl "seizing the Spirit of Adventure" (in more ways than one)
            in the end.

Now that I think about it, Up would actually fit into Adventureland pretty well :blink:... even down to the 1930s theme and aesthetic. Perhaps the Spirit of Adventure could be parked in the jungle, and guests could walk in and explore the airship, learning about the adventures Muntz (or Carl) had. But land in AL is a little tight, and I still think the idea of Tarzan's Treehouse has a lot of potential.

A very interesting idea...

Comment

I, too, loved Up, but it's yet another Pixar movie for which there is no appropriate land in the DLR. Adventureland is about adventure, yes, but it's more specific than that. Although Up's jungle scenes could sorta fit there, the story as a whole just doesn't. It's a moot point, though, as there's no room at all for it in Adventureland.

I really wish DCA had gotten a Pixar land. Wouldn't have fit the overall theme of the park, but it would have provided a great place to build all these Pixar attractions, and it would have been a rather nice corollary to Fantasyland. Then the submarine lagoon (and show building), the Circlevision theater, the space under and behind Screamin', and the Superstar Limo show building would all still be available for other, more thematically appropriate uses.

Comment

I have an idea for an attraction based around the movie Up - How about NO not another attraction based on yet another movie. A great many of us are tired of it.

:thumbdown

sigpic

I am Sambo, and I endorse this signature.

Comment

Put Up where the Redwood Trail is, so its not a waste of space.
                  Happy Halloween!!!

Comment

Tokyo Disneyland already has Up in their Adventureland as a forced perspective mural promoting the Japanese release in December.I'd rather have that in DL or MK then an actual ride/attraction.
                    Don't think of a gun as a weapon.
                    Think of it as a third arm that magically
                    shoots bullets!

Comment

Everything else in DCA is becoming Pixar-esque.. what's one more? :lol:

In all honesty, I just dont see certain Pixar movies fitting in to any theme working at Disneyland or DCA, such as Up or Ratatoulle. Maybe I could see them being fit in Florida, but here we are alreready getting a whole new land from one movie, and I can't see Disney shelling out the money for another.
                      Angels Fan, born and raised.
                      Come on you Galaxy.

Comment

Originally posted by Bobby Stoan View Post
                        how about a rethemed Redwood Creek Challenge Trail at DCA, all about Russel's Explorer Troop. With a cameo from Carl of course. Time to kick out Brother Bear.
                        That would possibly be the best method to get UP in the parks. It needs to be done discreetly, but it'll work. Brother Bear is really outdated now.
                        California Screamin' Ride Count: 111

Comment

Originally posted by A113 View Post
                          Brother Bear is really outdated now.
                          :rant: Brother Bear is not outdated!!!! :rant:

Sorry about that... :blush: I personally like Brother Bear... a lot. And I love the fact that an UNDERRATED MOVIE gets some recognition in the park!!!

that being said... back to the part about UP... I wouldn't mind it taking over Redwood Creek Challenge Trail... it could prove to be interesting... I just don't know how well it would fit thematically, seeing that it doesn't take place in California. (at least for the most part... not really sure where Carl lives at the beginning... :P Maybe they could make it fit that way...) Adventureland could work too, but there is NO room over there...

and I'm still sick of seeing Pixar in the parks... pretty soon we should be calling it PIXARLAND.
                          sigpic
                          http://disneyjedi1.deviantart.com/

Comment

Originally posted by disneyjedi1 View Post
                            (at least for the most part... not really sure where Carl lives at the beginning... :P Maybe they could make it fit that way...)

Carl does, in fact, live in California. At the end he visits Fentons with Russel, which is in Oakland.
                            .... That could work, actually. A Fentons in CA with a vaguely Up theme.

Comment

Originally posted by Datameister View Post
                              I, too, loved Up, but it's yet another Pixar movie for which there is no appropriate land in the DLR.

Sure there is Data, Bring the skyway buckets back!
                              --Leslie ~See my photos on FLICKR ~

Comment

Originally posted by Sambo View Post
                                I have an idea for an attraction based around the movie Up - How about NO not another attraction based on yet another movie. A great many of us are tired of it.

:thumbdown
                                While I to a point agree that there are too many movie-based rides and that there need to be some originally themed ones, I think that if a ride fits a themed area then there is no reason why it shouldn't go there. For example: TSMM is fine- it fits the midway theme. Monster's Inc. is totally out of place and should not be there.

Up would completely fit into the Adventureland theme and if Tarzan's Treehouse was cleared, a large cliff as seen around Paradise Falls in the movie could be built in its place to house the show building, where, as someone else suggested, a dark ride like Peter Pan could be built.

^Art by me!
                                Check out my
                                Flickr page for a selection of my Disneyland Resort photography (and more)! {new photos 8.19.15}
                                You can purchase a selection of my photos as well as clothing and stickers designed by me at my RedBubble page.
                                Visit my

Comment

Originally posted by KEBSD View Post
                                  Up would completely fit into the Adventureland theme and if Tarzan's Treehouse was cleared, a large cliff as seen around Paradise Falls in the movie could be built in its place to house the show building, where, as someone else suggested, a dark ride like Peter Pan could be built.
                                  I'm sorry, but there's no room for a show building right there at all. The Indiana Jones queue and the first Pirates show building are right behind the treehouse, and unless you want to demolish one or both of those two rather critical elements, there's simply not enough space to work with.

Comment

Originally posted by Datameister View Post
                                    I'm sorry, but there's no room for a show building right there at all. The Indiana Jones queue and the first Pirates show building are right behind the treehouse, and unless you want to demolish one or both of those two rather critical elements, there's simply not enough space to work with.
                                    The area that the treehouse currently takes up is all that is needed- the cliff would be rather tall, like in the movie, and therefore the attraction would be multi-leveled. Thus, quite a long ride would be permitted in just that small space.

^Art by me!
                                    Check out my
                                    Visit my

Comment

I feel left out! I liked "Up", but didn't love it... Dug was my favorite character, but Russell's exasperation was pretty funny the whole movie!
                                      sigpic
                                      Hidden Mickey - Historical fiction about Walt that mixes action and mystery with time travel and fantasy! Tweens to adults will enjoy these novels. And now, three gamebooks to play in Disneyland, DCA and WDW Magic Kingdom!

Check out my six action/adventure novels about Walt's lost diary and his epic quest. Visit my blog page!

Sometimes Dead Men DO Tell Tales!

Comment

Originally posted by leslie_537 View Post
                                        Sure there is Data, Bring the skyway buckets back!
                                        Great idea, that would be awesome.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X