X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Tomorrowland & Castle

Two questions:

1: Why is there no Christmas in Tomorrowland?

2: What are the differences between the castle in 1955 and the castle now? I know the paint job is different but is there anything else?
    To All Who Come to this Happy Place.... Welcome! Disneyland is Your Land!

Re: Tomorrowland & Castle

There is a whole thread about Tomorrowland and christmas:

http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ys-future.html

As for the castle. If your local video store has it, the Disneyland treasures DVD has lots of shots of the castle on opening day.
    sigpic
    I raise my Kitties right.... they only watch the finest shows.

Comment

Unless my memory is failing me, it seems that the finale to the original Carousel Of Progress took place at Christmas time, meaning it used to be Christmas every day of the year!
      First Visit at the age of 12, July 17, 1968.
      First Ride, The Disneyland and Santa Fe Railroad.
      BRING BACK THE PEOPLE MOVER!

Comment

Hmm...As for the castle, off the top of my head, in addition to the color changes,

The downspout scuppers on the sides of the castle were changed from non-descript spouts to cute squirrels;

The window treatments in the upper floors has been changed;

The back of the second story of the Castle has been enclosed (for the doramas there);

Most of the spire finials have been gilded.

Comment

The main difference for me, besides the paint, is that gold rail-ish looking thing directly above the entrance tunnel.

I have the scale model of the 1955 version right on my desk. (it's also in my sig)

Comment

Originally posted by Goover View Post
            I have the scale model of the 1955 version right on my desk. (it's also in my sig)
            What you need is a scale model for your backyard!

Closeup of the squirrel scuppers:

Model is by Dave Sheegog, who's building many Disneyland replicas for his backyard railroad. You can see more of his work in the latest Garden Railways magazine.

Comment

I could have sworn that in older pictures the castle wasnt pink
              I am Scary Scott,
              Call me a turn coat, a lunatic, loup garou, or skin walker. Shape shifter, lychanthrope, A moon watcher, or just crazy.
              I am Scary Scott, The steampunk, brony, author of Northern CA, that has just moved to Southern CA!
              Poor? Yes. Money? Forget about it, I got none! If I had it, I wouldn't for long, I want too much stuff!
              Disneyland for me is my absolute favorite place on earth, So I am the oddest werewolf you ever will meet.

Originally posted by sediment
              Scary: your post is dripping something. Tastes like sarcasm.
              Originally posted by Karalora
              This is excellent news! There are all sorts of good changes to the park that we were promised when Hell froze over.
              Hey, any of you like MLP Fan Fiction? (Laugh now, but It's practice for being an author some day!)
              Anyhow, check out my profile on fimfiction.net I'm Phoenix Quill there.

Comment

Yeah, It wasn't. It was a light blue in the earlier days of Disneyland.
                DisneyTwins
                Since May 2003

Comment

Originally posted by steve degaetano View Post
                  what you need is a scale model for your backyard!

closeup of the squirrel scuppers:

model is by dave sheegog, who's building many disneyland replicas for his backyard railroad. You can see more of his work in the latest garden railways magazine.

wow!!!
                  --Leslie ~See my photos on FLICKR ~

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Scott View Post
                    I could have sworn that in older pictures the castle wasnt pink
                    On Opening Day and the maybe the next decade or so, the castle was a pink color. Find any picture of the Hong Kong Disneyland castle and that is what the castle looked like on Opening Day. Hong Kong's is an exact replica of our castle, but instead of using the 50th Anniversary color pallet, they used the 1955 color pallet. As for the castle being light blue, yes it was, but not until maybe the late sixties/early seventies. Then it went back to a pale pink pallet until the 50th.

Comment

Because in the future it is simply called 'X-Mas', and folk spend much of their cowering in fear from the murderous Robot-Santa.

A similar question could be asked; why is there is no Christmas in Adventureland?
                      "If we cut the budget are you going to be the one standing at the exit explaining to guests why the ride they just rode is a piece of crap?" - - John Lasseter

Comment

^Mele Kalikimaka Tiki Room...

...I myself think it could work...

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X