This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Idea] Idea Surrounding the New Little Mermaid Ride

Hi! This is my first time posting in the forum although I have been following miceage.com for a few years now.

I have heard a lot of complaints about the conditions of Paradise Pier and how a lot of people want rides removed. From inspiration of my favorite disney park, Tokyo Disneysea, I think they should make a whole Mermaid Lagoon land around the new little mermaid ride. That way, they could just move the jumpin jellyfish (but add more theming) and the king triton carousel. It is also perfect because it would be right across the bay from the restaurant. What do you think?

Re: Idea Surrounding the New Little Mermaid Ride

A solid idea, but I imagine there would not be enough room for Mermaid Lagoon and the Little Mermaid attraction.

Mermaid Lagoon is indeed awesome, and in fact the only thing I felt it lacked was some sort of dark ride. It had style, but needed a little more substance.

Combining the two would be amazing. In the absence of space for a Mermaid Lagoon, it would be sweet if they even did similair themeing for the Little Mermaid attraction queue.
    My Micechat cruise trip report, Part 1:http://micechat.com/14795-disney-wonder/

Comment

No.

Comment

Originally posted by ICe101 View Post
        No.
        That's a very logical response -.-

Comment

A solid idea, but I imagine there would not be enough room for Mermaid Lagoon and the Little Mermaid attraction.
          I thought maybe they could expand down to where the sunglass dinosaur was and into a little bit of the Brother Bear Recreational Trail, but I see your point. Maybe they are saving the land for a California Disney Seas )

Comment

I think that the Little Mermaid as an attraction in Paradise Pier just makes the ride seem like a tribute to classic dark rides but a whole land of Mermaids in a park about California, think about it....

Comment

I think that the Little Mermaid as an attraction in Paradise Pier just makes the ride seem like a tribute to classic dark rides but a whole land of Mermaids in a park about California, think about it....
              This isn't supposed to sound mean or sarcastic but its hard to tell because of the computer, but California has oceans...and mermaids live in the ocean haha. It could just be a tribute to the marine areas of California.

Comment

Originally posted by Seant926 View Post
                This isn't supposed to sound mean or sarcastic but its hard to tell because of the computer, but California has oceans...and mermaids live in the ocean haha. It could just be a tribute to the marine areas of California.
                :thumbdown Weak theming connection.

Comment

:thumbdown Weak theming connection.
                  I guess you're right, but if they could build Finding Nemo in Tomorrowland, they could probably build a Little Mermaid Ride in an Ocean Themed land

Comment

^The point is, they shouldn't have built Nemo in Tomorrowland. However, I'm happy for anything that will bring back the subs. If Nemo was what it took, then so be it.

Comment

^The point is, they shouldn't have built Nemo in Tomorrowland. However, I'm happy for anything that will bring back the subs. If Nemo was what it took, then so be it.
                      Me too, but the point I'm trying to get across is that The Little Mermaid doesn't exactly fit the Paradise Pier theme either. That's another reason why I think they should just make it into a land.

Comment

Originally posted by BC_DisneyGeek View Post
                        Combining the two would be amazing. In the absence of space for a Mermaid Lagoon, it would be sweet if they even did similair themeing for the Little Mermaid attraction queue.
                        Solid Thought. Is The Little Mermaid queue going to be entirely enclosed within the showbuilding, because I would like to see them have some of the indoor Mermaid Lagoon effects in the queue, even if it's nothing more than the lighting in a room full of switchbacks.
                        sigpic
                        Long Live the Disney Renaissance

Comment

TDS Mermaid Lagoon wouldn't fit DCA whatsoever even if they bended the theme. It just would not work and an obvious attempt to abandon the park's whole theme to please the guest when they could easily please the guest without doing that.

one hundred and one

Comment

TDS Mermaid Lagoon wouldn't fit DCA whatsoever even if they bended the theme. It just would not work and an obvious attempt to abandon the park's whole theme to please the guest when they could easily please the guest without doing that.
                            I wasn't thinking it was going to be exactly like TDS's Mermaid Lagoon. All I said was that it would contain the Little Mermaid Ride being built right now, Jumpin Jelly Fish and King Triton's Carousel. It would be hard to build that massive structure in the small space where the ride is being built.

Comment

^We're saying that Mermaid Lagoon would have no excuse to fit in thematically in California Adventure.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X