Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Attractions should have Fastpasses?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Chat] What Attractions should have Fastpasses?

Fastpasses are easily the best queue idea in any themepark, yet some key attractions in the resort don't have the fastpass capability.

I think the two rides that need fastpasses the most in both theme parks are Toy Story Midway Mania and Finding Nemo.

What do you think?

Re: What Attractions should have Fastpasses?

Fast Pass only serves to shift the burden of waiting from some guests to others. It is really an underhanded way to make the crowding problem look like less of a problem than it really is. A better idea would be virtual lines, where you "check in" with your ticket at an attraction, get a number and approximate time frame to return, then enjoy doing something else rather than standing in a line for 2 hours. The act of physically standing in line just to prove you were there before the person behind you seems so primitive in this day and age. They already have the computers there, it seems like a relatively simple matter to add the ability to reserve a spot in a virtual line for an attraction.

Comment

Toy Story Midway Mania! Or at least a singe rider line!
      "Crowded classrooms and half-day sessions are a tragic waste of our greatest national resource - the minds of our children." -Walter Elias Disney

SEE MOM! Even Walt Disney thought school was bad!

Twitter http://twitter.com/dogtherock
      YouTube http://www.youtube.com/user/dogtherock
      Facebook http://www.facebook.com/waltdisneyscaliforniaadventure
      (Look at the URL i got for Facebook

Comment

Peter Pan

Comment

Toy Story, Matterhorn, Subs, and/or Peter Pan would be nice.

Particularly since those are attractions without interesting queues.

To compensate I'd lose fastpass on Indy, Roger Rabbit, and Star Tours, including Star Tours 2 when it opens.
          My Micechat cruise trip report, Part 1:http://micechat.com/14795-disney-wonder/

Comment

Toy Story, Peter Pan, and the Adventureland Restrooms.

Comment

What Attractions should have Fastpasses?:

None

Fastpass creates more headaches than solutions.
              That's why several attractions have been taken off the Fastpass system .. and hopefully others will follow suit.
              MY SIGNATURE:
              Dear Peoplemover Fans, If you want to see a new attraction that at least mimics the 1967 Peoplemover in a future Tomorrowland remodel, you need to write to the powers-that-be, and let them know. If you don't - Then the next time Tomorrowland is remodeled, you will see a land barren of any "Peoplemover" type attraction.

Comment

Originally posted by Ron W View Post
                I totally agree 100%!:thumbup:
                Don't think of a gun as a weapon.
                Think of it as a third arm that magically
                shoots bullets!

Comment

Originally posted by Ron W View Post
                  Next time you're in a long line for Peter Pan and are wondering why it doesn't have a fast pass ask the next 20 people in front of you this question:

-What else are you in line for right now?

Then imagine how much shorter your wait would be if they had to actually be in that line in order to be in that line
                  Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

Comment

Originally posted by Tomorrowland_1967 View Post
                    What Attractions should have Fastpasses?:

None

Fastpass creates more headaches than solutions.
                    That's why several attractions have been taken off the Fastpass system .. and hopefully others will follow suit.
                    Agreed! HERE HERE!

Before fast pass the line for Indy never really got above 30 minutes and the Queue never went outside. NOW, the Queue is always outside and the ride's line STILL is 30 minutes- with or without fast pass.

Take Pirates as another example- without Fast pass 20 minute lines, after almost an hour.

The system is a joke and annoying. It makes some people have superior wait times while others have significantly less

Comment

I think the rides that have fastpass is perfect. Unless you were to make one side of the matterhorn fastpass that might work. Otherwise most other rides are single load and fastpass does not work with those without slowing down the line.
                      /sarcasm/below
                      How about getting show pass for Fantasmic!? That would be awesome! No more AP'ers hogging their spot for two or three shows.

Comment

Originally posted by Fantasmanatic View Post
                        How about getting show pass for Fantasmic!? That would be awesome! No more AP'ers hogging their spot for two or three shows.
                        You do realize that that's exactly what they are doing for World of Color right? If the system is successful I wouldn't be surprised if it was reverse implemented into Disneyland at some point

Comment

Originally posted by Fantasmanatic View Post
                          I think the rides that have fastpass is perfect. Unless you were to make one side of the matterhorn fastpass that might work. Otherwise most other rides are single load and fastpass does not work with those without slowing down the line.
                          /sarcasm/below

Ummmmm ok! Actually I talked with a few people last time I was there Oct 15-18th the two ladies from separate families I spoke with were from Utah and Michigan. I didn't ask it they had AP's it didn't really matter too me.

My point it isn't only APer's watching or as you said hogging Fantasmic. We typically only watch it once while we are there and I always try for the later showing.
                          --Leslie ~See my photos on FLICKR ~

Comment

Take Pirates as another example- without Fast pass 20 minute lines, after almost an hour.
                            Umm correct me if I'm wrong, but Pirates doesn't have fastpass haha.

I feel like everyone has a bias and I wasn't planning on this post to become a fight between advocates of fastpasses and critics of fastpasses. Personally, I like it because it does help with popular rides, but I never thought of it as a hastle if the lines are looked at with a viewpoint of an anti-fastpass themepark.

Comment

Pirates used to have a fast pass. But it isn't a good comparisson since they removed it because at the same time they added a bunch of new boats so the ride has higher capacity. So instead of waiting in line you wait at the end to get off. I personally like the latter of the two.
                              --Leslie ~See my photos on FLICKR ~

Comment

^ Pirates of the Caribbean, I can say with 100% certainty, has never had a FastPass.

INTERGALACTIC WRITER FOR THE HITCHHIKER'S GUIDE TO THE GALAXY
                                HOOPY FROODS:thinkingofdisney11, DisneyIzz, A113, dmtnt55, MikeSkellington, zephr, Incrediboy, JungleCruiseFan, PerformerInWaiting, MainStreetJake, The Disneylander, littleactressann, DapperJoshua, padgerfan, SS77, DisneyLove, GummiBears_Rock, fangalicious44, animekiti4christ, *disneyprincess*, monorailorange33, Colorized, iskategoofy, stevo505, mandypandy, williamtheking, CaptainEO,Atis, firebolt413, cocoa, WendyInWonderland, ICe101, itsxxdomoxxkun, esquivel

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER!
                                ASK ME ANYTHING! :: FORMSPRING.ME
                                FOLLOW MY BLOG: <<LIFE, THE UNIVERSE, AND EVERYTHING>>

Comment

Echoing the sentiment of NONE, no need to explain why since it has been explained in this thread before.

Originally posted by The Disneylander View Post
                                  ^ Pirates of the Caribbean, I can say with 100% certainty, has never had a FastPass.
                                  Actually, for a brief time in the early 00's it DID have Fastpass. It was around that time when they added Fastpass to pretty much any attraction they felt warranted it, I.E. Star Tours, The Haunted Mansion, that sort of thing. Here's a picture of one of them:

http://www.mouseinfo.com/gallery/fil...otc_fp_dlr.jpg
                                  Last edited by stitchon; 11-23-2009, 04:04 PM.

Comment

^ I stand corrected.

INTERGALACTIC WRITER FOR THE HITCHHIKER'S GUIDE TO THE GALAXY
                                    HOOPY FROODS:thinkingofdisney11, DisneyIzz, A113, dmtnt55, MikeSkellington, zephr, Incrediboy, JungleCruiseFan, PerformerInWaiting, MainStreetJake, The Disneylander, littleactressann, DapperJoshua, padgerfan, SS77, DisneyLove, GummiBears_Rock, fangalicious44, animekiti4christ, *disneyprincess*, monorailorange33, Colorized, iskategoofy, stevo505, mandypandy, williamtheking, CaptainEO,Atis, firebolt413, cocoa, WendyInWonderland, ICe101, itsxxdomoxxkun, esquivel

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER!
                                    ASK ME ANYTHING! :: FORMSPRING.ME
                                    FOLLOW MY BLOG: <<LIFE, THE UNIVERSE, AND EVERYTHING>>

Comment

Actually, for a brief time in the early 00's it DID have Fastpass. It was around that time when they added Fastpass to pretty much any attraction they felt warranted it, I.E. Star Tours, The Haunted Mansion, that sort of thing. Here's a picture of one of them
                                      Wow I never knew that! That's really interesting. They could always retheme those extra fastpass boxes they took out and put them for Finding Nemo, Matterhorn, and Toy Story Midway Mania!

I always thought that the only reason why Toy Story Midway Mania and Finding Nemo never had Fastpasses was because they were new, but its has been 2-3 years now and they still don't have them :/

Comment

The problem with Fastpass is that it slows down the Stand-By wait to draconian proportions while the Fastpass-holders go through. Midway Mania in Florida routinely has a 90 minute wait, and that wait is almost certainly attributed to Fastpass.

The Subs just wouldn't work with Fastpass. The capacity for the subs is poor as is, and Fastpass would only slow down the wait even more.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X