Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Most Well Rounded Experiences At The Disneyland Resort?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • [Chat] Most Well Rounded Experiences At The Disneyland Resort?

    The most well rounded experience for me is Pirates of the Caribbean. It has humor, drama, a good music score, special effects, a cool water flume, and a heady atmospheric ambiance that includes an actual restaurant in the background.

    There are other "complete" favorite experiences I enjoy.. but will wait to discuss them later in the thread.
    Last edited by Ride Warrior; 11-23-2009, 01:54 PM.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!


  • #2
    Re: Most Well Rounded Experiences At The Disneyland Resort?

    Splash Mountain ties with POTC, in my book. I love 'em both. Haunted Mansion may lack the true "thrill" factor, but it is high in virtually all the other categories you've mentioned, IMO, so it belongs on the short list of "well rounded."
    Now don't close your eyes, and don't try to hide...

    Next trip to Disneyland: December 3-6, 2011. I can't wait!!!

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Most Well Rounded Experiences At The Disneyland Resort?

      Originally posted by SillySpook View Post
      Splash Mountain ties with POTC, in my book. I love 'em both. Haunted Mansion may lack the true "thrill" factor, but it is high in virtually all the other categories you've mentioned, IMO, so it belongs on the short list of "well rounded."
      I like your idea of categorizing "well rounded" rides into primary lists and short lists, SillySpook.
      To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Most Well Rounded Experiences At The Disneyland Resort?

        Indy comes to mind for well-roundedness. That's not to say it's necessarily the best attraction, though I think it's certainly a contender. But it truly has a little of everything - thrills, very immersive scenery, a queue that drops you right into a whole 'nother time and place, an engaging but not ridiculously explicit story, a successful movie tie-in, innovative ride vehicles that fit perfectly into the story, several effects that are true head-scratchers and jaw-droppers, fantastic music, several animatronics, you name it. POTC certainly is a strong contender as well, though.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Most Well Rounded Experiences At The Disneyland Resort?

          Good question.

          Indy jumps to mind for pretty much all the things you cited with Pirates, but also has an immersive queue which sets the tone and gets you into the right frame of mind to truly lose yourself in the attraction.

          Well, at least it did before Fastpass, but that's another discussion.

          Pirates, Haunted Mansion, Splash Mountain, and Tower of Terror would be my other choices.
          My Micechat cruise trip report, Part 1:http://micechat.com/14795-disney-wonder/

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Most Well Rounded Experiences At The Disneyland Resort?

            What's an "actualant"? I am not familiar with this term.
            Like this post? Read more like it at The Disneyland Dilettante!

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Most Well Rounded Experiences At The Disneyland Resort?

              Originally posted by Datameister View Post
              Indy comes to mind for well-roundedness. That's not to say it's necessarily the best attraction, though I think it's certainly a contender. But it truly has a little of everything - thrills, very immersive scenery, a queue that drops you right into a whole 'nother time and place, an engaging but not ridiculously explicit story, a successful movie tie-in, innovative ride vehicles that fit perfectly into the story, several effects that are true head-scratchers and jaw-droppers, fantastic music, several animatronics, you name it. POTC certainly is a strong contender as well, though.
              The reoccuring theme music is quite strong and exciting! Many of the effects are mindblowing attention getters. The scenery is extremely detailed and immersive. The large vehicles and their range of motion are the most wonderful element of Indy. It is indeed a complete Disney ride experience. My dad, mom, brother, neice and nephews all love it!
              To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Most Well Rounded Experiences At The Disneyland Resort?

                Originally posted by Ride Warrior View Post
                The reoccuring theme music is quite strong and exciting!
                Agreed, but it's not just the Raiders March - the majority of the score uses other material from the first three films to great effect, too.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Most Well Rounded Experiences At The Disneyland Resort?

                  Originally posted by Karalora View Post
                  What's an "actualant"? I am not familiar with this term.
                  Thanks for noticing that, Karalora. I changed that to "actual restaurant" as I had intended.
                  Last edited by Ride Warrior; 11-23-2009, 05:04 PM.
                  To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

                  Comment

                  Get Away Today Footer

                  Collapse
                  Working...
                  X