This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trip Report first trip report

Well it was super busy at disneyland today . so i only got on 3 rides and got lunch .........that all i did since it was crowded ....

Re: first trip report

And this week, it's only gonna get worse!!!

Hold on tight, it's gonna be one heck of a ride!!!

Happy Thanksgiving!

Comment

Originally posted by beckyt View Post
      Well it was super busy at disneyland today . so i only got on 3 rides and got lunch .........that all i did since it was crowded ....
      excelent first trip report next time try to make it alittle longer and add some pic... thanks for sharing though

Comment

It's really sad that the crowds have ruined your day at the park. It's getting to be a more serious problem as time goes on.

Not that it helps a whole lot, but you're not the only one who is tired of crowds during the off-season. It used to be my favorite time to visit.

Rob

Comment

Originally posted by micromind View Post
          It's really sad that the crowds have ruined your day at the park. It's getting to be a more serious problem as time goes on.

Not that it helps a whole lot, but you're not the only one who is tired of crowds during the off-season. It used to be my favorite time to visit.

Rob
          It is not even remotely the off-season. Every school I know of has the week off, and as an employee of another Southern California theme park I know firsthand that it had a huge effect on attendance.

I do agree that parks in general have been busier, but if you'd gone, say, last Tuesday... it was very slow and thoroughly enjoyable. Off-seasons still exist. Weekends in October have been taken of the list though...

Comment

i'm sure a majority of schools in california have the week off
            hence the crowds.

cause a smart parent would leave their children in school.
            (i am sooo not going to be a smart parent ))
            Originally posted by JungleCruiseFan
            You know what they say- The party don't start 'til Jordon walks in.
            Originally posted by penguinsoda

Comment

We were there on Sunday in the early afternoon. It was crazy busy! We mostly just went to look at the christmas decorations and do some shopping. After 3 hours or so we left and went across the street to Mimi's Cafe for a late lunch. Suprisingly enough, parking was really easy despite how crowded the park was. Definetly staying away this weekend (except for Thanksgiving dinner at Jazz Kitchen) and next weekend during Candlelight, too busy for us.

Comment

I'm at the edge of my seat dying to know which rides and which eatery. I MUST KNOW!!!

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
                http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
                http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Comment

i went on space mountain , star tours , indiana jone and the temple of the forbidden eye and i ate lunch at tomorrow land terrence .

Comment

Those are some of the busiest rides in the whole park. They typically have the longest lines.

When the park is crowded, I find it best to employ a bit of strategy. You can learn a LOT about dealing with a crowded park here on MC. There's a thread on fastpasses. I've learned a lot about them just by reading it.

Other people around here go way more often than I do, so their opinions count more than mine, but if you have some sort of a plan, you can actually get a lot of rides in, and not waste a huge amount of time in lines.

Some of the less popular rides are really enjoyable, and they usually have shorter lines. I find it less stressful to go on a few of those, then wait in a longer line. Sort of breaks it up a bit.

It's usually not all that hard to strike up a conversation with someone next to you in a long line. They most likely feel the same way you do, and welcome the distraction. I've made quite a few '1/2 hour friends' this way.

Get a feel of what else is going on in the park. For example, when there's a parade, most people take their kids to see it. This means that the 'little kid rides' will have shorter lines. (They're not just for little kids, a lot of us big kids like them too).

It takes a bit of research and effort, but it can be well worth it.

Rob

Comment

I am sorry you had a bad day at Disneyland that is just crappy. On the other hand, your trip report was just awesome. Straight to the point no bones about it. It truly made me lol!
                      --Leslie ~See my photos on FLICKR ~

Comment

i went on space mountain , star tours , indiana jone and the temple of the forbidden eye and i ate lunch at tomorrow land terrence .

If you only stayed until noon or so that isn't too bad considering those are usually busy busy rides.
                        --Leslie ~See my photos on FLICKR ~

Comment

This trip report makes me feel grateful that I'll be going in February during a school week, lol. I've done it the last couple of years and to be honest the worse thing is the refurbishments that go on that time of year (at least one or two of the big rides are closed down), but the trade off is there usually isn't too bad of crowd in both parks (though it does get busy around 2 or 3 in the afternoon, when school gets out). But, eh, only 90 more days Then I get my mini-vacation for next semester!
                          "It matters not how strait the gate how charged with Punishments the scroll I am the master of my fate I am the captain of my soul" -- W.E. Henley

Comment

i got there about 10 am monday morning . most of the fastpasses were late ones and i left around 2 pm . so i just spent a few hours waiting for rides and food .

Comment

i was the one in the darth maul shirt at disneyland monday if anyone saw me in line for either space mountain or indy or star tours . i had my niece on those 3 rides

Comment

I'm surprised this TR didn't make the round-up.
                                For those of you that are curious about my wedding:
                                http://www.rocknrollbride.com/2011/0...heather-tyler/

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X