Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Chat] Hands on the magic. Which project?

Imagine yourself as one of Disneyland's Imagineers. Throughout Disneyland California's nearly 55 years, what existing attractions would you have absolutely loved to be a part of. You can only choose three attractions, ranked from first choice to third and it can be anything from designing the birds in the Tiki Room to creating costumes for the Dapper Dans to choreographing the climax of Fantasmic! The park is yours, what would be your project? Let your interests guide you, not specifically your talents and be sure to mention why as well. I think it will be cool to see where your fellow MC'rs interests lie.

For myself, I would choose:
    Set designer for Indy
    Set designer for Pirates of the Caribbean
    Set designer for Splash Mountain

How about you?
    Last edited by Trevor; 11-24-2009, 12:14 PM.

Re: Hands on the magic. Which project?

1) Animatronics imagineer for Jungle Cruise

2) Simulator imagineer for Star Tours... and George Lucas' best
    buddy.

3) Musical score writer/composer for Pirates of the Caribbean.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

Comment

Haha I'm going to have to stay strong and stick to my three, but the JC would be an awesome option.

Comment

Set design for The Haunted Mansion, Animatronics imagineer for the Jungle Cruise, Composer/arranger for Fantasmic.

Comment

1. Effects for the Haunted Mansion. I do extensive decorations for the yard each Halloween and I would love to be involved if they ever expand the Mansion.

2. Planning committee for Big Thunder. They located the mountain in the wrong spot.

3. Fireworks shows, as that is my business. I would utilize the Matterhorn, not the castle.

Comment

1. Jungle Cruise set designer and skipper
            2. Frontierland designer
            3. Official Bringer-backer of Taken-Out Rides Like The Keelboats (add pilot here) And PeopleMover
            sigpic
            Hidden Mickey - Historical fiction about Walt that mixes action and mystery with time travel and fantasy! Tweens to adults will enjoy these novels. And now, three gamebooks to play in Disneyland, DCA and WDW Magic Kingdom!

Check out my six action/adventure novels about Walt's lost diary and his epic quest. Visit my blog page!

Sometimes Dead Men DO Tell Tales!

Comment

costume designer
              holiday decorator
              aaannnddd.....
              i can't think of a third one

but that's what i would love to do!

no wait! make up artist! yeah....
              Originally posted by JungleCruiseFan
              You know what they say- The party don't start 'til Jordon walks in.
              Originally posted by penguinsoda

Comment

Ohh thunder would have been a really good project too.

Comment

Set Designer for Indiana Jones
                  Set Designer for Pirates
                  Set Designer for Big Thunder (I would have given it a more obvious storyline so the guests can be immersed within the story instead of "I'm on a mine train in a mountain")

Comment

Originally posted by Seant926 View Post
                    Set Designer for Indiana Jones
                    Set Designer for Pirates
                    Set Designer for Big Thunder (I would have given it a more obvious storyline so the guests can be immersed within the story instead of "I'm on a mine train in a mountain")
                    It has one they just need to find a way to subtly explain it. For those who dont know, basically, the mountain was a sacred spot to local natives but was claimed by the Tumbleweed mining company. However, a series of natural (or supernatural) disasters took place and the miners abandoned the mines. Years later, someone came across the mine and discovered that the cars were posessed and were running along the tracks by themselves. They created a tourist attraction out of it and now you too can ride BTMRR.
                    Wikipedia - BTMRR

Back on topic, I cannot belive I forgot about Indy.

Comment

i would have loved to have been part of the orchestra for jerry goldsmith's "Soarin Over California" score

possibly being involved in the graphic design for anything printed, promotional items, banners throughout the park, etc.

can't think of a third...
                      -plagued

Comment

Cheater! Thats DCA, not Disneyland. I should have added a second list for DCA as well. Soarin would have been amazing to work on.

Comment

Hmmm...
                          Choreographing stuff for Fantasmic
                          Designing dark rooms for Peter Pan
                          Decorating Small World for Christmas
                          All your dreams can come true, if you have the courage to pursue them. :love:
                          -Walt Disney

Comment

Originally posted by TrevorD View Post
                            It has one they just need to find a way to subtly explain it. For those who dont know, basically, the mountain was a sacred spot to local natives but was claimed by the Tumbleweed mining company. However, a series of natural (or supernatural) disasters took place and the miners abandoned the mines. Years later, someone came across the mine and discovered that the cars were posessed and were running along the tracks by themselves. They created a tourist attraction out of it and now you too can ride BTMRR.
                            Wikipedia - BTMRR

Yah, I don't think I would have ever been able to put that story together based on the ride.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Potato Head View Post
                              Yah, I don't think I would have ever been able to put that story together based on the ride.
                              Awe come on, its so clear!

Comment

Set designer - Pirates of the Caribbean, Jungle Cruise

Composer/Arranger - Splash Mountain, Enchanted Tiki Room

Principle Architect - New Orleans Square, Tomorrowland

Comment

Originally posted by TrevorD View Post

You didn't forget about Indy. It was your first choice. Unfortunaty, you have forgotten your "You can only choose three attractions" rule. You can't keep adding to your list.

Comment

Originally posted by bfdf55 View Post
                                    You didn't forget about Indy. It was your first choice. Unfortunaty, you have forgotten your "You can only choose three attractions" rule. You can't keep adding to your list.
                                    I can only choose three, but I never said you couldn't change it. Thats all I did. I update my OPs.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                    Working...
                                    X