Clear All

Re: Video of Tonight's World of Color Testing 11-25-09

Very Cool! thanks for the video =D

Comment

Incredible!

Comment

A newcomer! Do we trust him? Due to awesome videos, I say we welcome him.

That must get HOT. Once I was at a show and they had maybe two of those (but a bit larger) and they made the whole football stadium uncomfortably hot.

Comment

Awesome! Thanks for sharing.
          Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day; begin it well and serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.

~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

Wow! Only about an hour since you filmed that! Very nice!

From the looks of it, it'll be probably be almost as hot as the flames used in Fantasmic! and the Firework shows that use the flames.

Looks like they're testing the non-water effects (flames and lighting syncs) first since the water fountains are probably still getting the final touches before testing.

The world is a treasure trove of places.
            The colors of Earth, Sea and Sky. Beauty i'm told, is ours to behold. In the wonderful world of color.
            Indy Ride Count: 2211
            World of Color Count: 74

Comment

Awesome! Thanks for posting! I can't wait for this show!
              Have they released a target date for it yet? ..or is it still "Spring of 2010"?

Comment

Originally posted by The Forbidden Eye View Post
                Wow! Only about an hour since you filmed that! Very nice!

From the looks of it, it'll be probably be almost as hot as the flames used in Fantasmic! and the Firework shows that use the flames.

Looks like they're testing the non-water effects (flames and lighting syncs) first since the water fountains are probably still getting the final touches before testing.
                But there is so much more flame! Its gonna be world of colour: sunburn edition.

Comment

Originally posted by TrevorD View Post
                  But there is so much more flame! Its gonna be world of colour: sunburn edition.
                  Well,

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0e_E30ayYJI]YouTube - Las Vegas treasure island pirate show[/ame]

Remeber this?

I know it's not the same effect but the fire used in this show (and the new one) is extremely hot! It'll probably be on the same or higher level than this.

The colors of Earth, Sea and Sky. Beauty i'm told, is ours to behold. In the wonderful world of color.

Comment

Originally posted by The Forbidden Eye View Post
                    Take a look at this!

Twitpic - Share photos on Twitter

@boy33 tweeted this 45mins ago. It looks like the fountains were testing earlier that day.
                    Last edited by 2DieFR; 11-25-2009, 12:45 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by 2DieFR View Post
                      Take a look at this!

Twitpic - Share photos on Twitter

@boy33 tweeted this 45mins ago. It looks like the fountains were testing earlier that day.

Wow! well, in that case, then this means they started testing all equipment before they do the programming and subsequent rehersals.

Kind of funny on how they did that in public view though.

Comment

Nice video. Thanks.

The fountain test looks recent with the bay almost full.

Comment

Is the platform submerged?
                          I can't really tell in that pic.

By the way thanks to our photographers.

Comment

Those flames go soooo high, cant wait for the show.
                            Happy Halloween!!!

Comment

They have been pre-programming for months now. A friend of mine is one of 9 such programmers at DLR, and he's been on 6-day weeks for ages now.

Hopefully they got with some of the people at WET Design to help with this, since it looks like they're trying to ape them:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uM6ciyJ-UD0"]YouTube- The Mirage Introduces New Volcano to The Las Vegas Strip[/ame]
                              Last edited by Exprmnt626; 11-25-2009, 02:18 AM.
                              Amnesia used to be my favourite word, but I forgot it.

Comment

Thanks for the video, Mike, and welcome to Micechat!

My question was...and still is....is everything in the bay/lagoon going to be under the water line? I still don't see how they are going to get those white domes to disappear. Do they collapse and fold further down somehow? And that funky tall thing in front of Mickey's Fun Wheel....It looks like that will telescope, so it will also be below the water during the day as well....no?

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X