X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] no fantasmic for 4 months?

I just found this:

• Rivers of America: Closed January 4 through May 6 for a major refurbishment. The closure of the river will result in the necessary closure of the following attractions:
      • Sailing Ship Columbia: Closed January 4 - May 6
      • Mark Twain Riverboat: Closed January 4 - May 6
      • Davy Crockett Explorer Canoes: Closed January 4 - May 6
      • Pirate's Lair on Tom Sawyer Island: Closed January 4 - May 14

Does this mean no fantasmic for 4 month?
    Last edited by MasterElwood; 11-25-2009, 12:15 AM. Reason: typo

Re: no fantasmic for 4 month?

Yes. That means no Fantasmic! for 4 months as well. This is major refurb that is needed for the ROA as a whole. This means that Fantasmic! won't be presented either because the River will be drained and walled off.

It's maintenece and adding new things to the scenery as pointed out by Tony Baxter.

They'll pobably use that time to fix up all Fantasmic! Equipment as well. Particualy the new Dragon, which is still being fine tuned to get it out of B-Mode.

But Fantasmic! is typically dark around May so the show will return in June.

The world is a treasure trove of places.
    The colors of Earth, Sea and Sky. Beauty i'm told, is ours to behold. In the wonderful world of color.
    Indy Ride Count: 2211
    World of Color Count: 74

Comment

Do you guys think they will upgrade the Fantasmic! fountains with newer models and LED lighting?

Comment

AtomicBear, you can bet on it.
        -Bill

Comment

Originally posted by The Forbidden Eye View Post

But Fantasmic! is typically dark around May so the show will return in June.
          don't you think they need fantasmic as an alternative for pissed of people who will not getting tickets to WoC because of too much demand?

Comment

I have to admit, as much as it sucks going without Fantasmic for 4 months, it'll be nice not to have to fight my way through a sea of people if I want to hit the Haunted Mansion at night.
            Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by MasterElwood View Post
              don't you think they need fantasmic as an alternative for pissed of people who will not getting tickets to WoC because of too much demand?
              Its true that it looks like there will be a slight overlap time wise between the reopening of ROA and the WoC show, depending on exactly when the WoC show actually premiers. Right now they are only saying WoC will open in the "Spring" of 2010... chatter is that it will open around Easter time but we don't know 100% for sure right now.

While in theory having Fantasmic running at the same time would split the crowds up, and give them an alternative to WoC, its no guarantee that people would take F! as a substitute if they really, REALLY want to see WoC instead. They might still be just has annoyed anyway.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Originally posted by AGhostFromThePast
              all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

Comment

no we love this show!

Comment

Think they will bring back my Keel Boats after this refurb????!!!

Yeah, I know. Always hopeful.
                  sigpic
                  Hidden Mickey - Historical fiction about Walt that mixes action and mystery with time travel and fantasy! Tweens to adults will enjoy these novels. And now, three gamebooks to play in Disneyland, DCA and WDW Magic Kingdom!

Check out my six action/adventure novels about Walt's lost diary and his epic quest. Visit my blog page!

Sometimes Dead Men DO Tell Tales!

Comment

Originally posted by sunnygirl View Post
                    I have to admit, as much as it sucks going without Fantasmic for 4 months, it'll be nice not to have to fight my way through a sea of people if I want to hit the Haunted Mansion at night.
                    I agree. This sounds incredibly relaxing to me!
                    A signature should go here.

Comment

Looks like the fireworks show is the best call for the evenings. No wonder DL and CAP have added new musical acts.

Comment

Re: no fantasmic for 4 months?

Even thou I like Fan! I'm glad it's taking a break it needs one real bad.

Comment

This is great! Now we can visit and enjoy the ambiance of New Orleans Square early next year, sans spectacle and stubborn crowds.
                          Coming on a whirlwind trip 12/4 and 12/5 just to see the holiday decorations. Hope the park isn't too full of spoiled mall-goers to enjoy!

Comment

Originally posted by tikicub View Post
                            This is great! Now we can visit and enjoy the ambiance of New Orleans Square early next year, sans spectacle and stubborn crowds.
                            Yeah, 4 months with walls surrounding the river. LOL.

The colors of Earth, Sea and Sky. Beauty i'm told, is ours to behold. In the wonderful world of color.

Comment

i dn't get it. so ur saying that the dragon will bend over and light the river on fire?
                              B-mode.
                              currently it's not bending over

Comment

Well No ride on the Mark Twain river boat on the micechat 5 year anniversary

Toy Story Mania construction:
                                Older photo
                                New Photo

Member of
                                MiceChat WDW Trip
                                Next trip
                                2014 Dec, 31

Comment

Originally posted by DannyLand View Post
                                  i dn't get it. so ur saying that the dragon will bend over and light the river on fire?
                                  B-mode.
                                  currently it's not bending over
                                  According to the Show Director, it's capable of bending over and lighting the river on fire.

Right now they're taking things nice and slow as they improve the movements for it.

From the past few times i've seen Murphy, it's been bending over a little bit and the flame almost touches the river.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                  Working...
                                  X