• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bfdf55
    replied
    Re: Congested Viewing Areas

Originally posted by DannyLand View Post
    ^^^^
    I know! I say they should stop having the fireworks on the castle so they can have all the Fantastyland rides open and put all the fireworks around the main street buildings instead.

idk but when I saw the fireworks in 2002, the music only played in some areas not, all like today.
    If they had fireworks around Main Street, it would shut down that half of the park. The original fireworks were fired "backstage" behind Fantasyland so nothing had to be shut down and they could be seen from most locations around the park.

As for the music, that could be played anywhere in the park if they wanted to.

Leave a comment:

• DannyLand
    replied

^^^^
    I know! I say they should stop having the fireworks on the castle so they can have all the Fantastyland rides open and put all the fireworks around the main street buildings instead.

idk but when I saw the fireworks in 2002, the music only played in some areas not, all like today.

Leave a comment:

• bfdf55
    replied

Originally posted by DannyLand View Post
    I think they should just send DEP to HKDL

I really can't imagine DL having Fireworks, Fantasmic, DEP all in one theme park. someone please predict the schedule on how it's goin to work.
    They had those before MSEP left Disneyland. Of course, the crowd control was also a real pain at that time. But, a lot of that was also due to DL Entertainment putting the major portion of the focus for the fireworks on the front of the Castle, where in the past, the fireworks could be enjoyed from pretty much anywhere in the park.

Personally, I'd rather see MSEP return to DL, remove Fantasmic! once WoC kicks in, and have the fireworks less focused on the front of the Castle.

Leave a comment:

• sleepyjeff
    replied

The solution, like to so many of Disney's problems, is very simple.

Leave a comment:

• priv8iJustin
    replied

I am 6'3" and I always try not to stand right in front of somebody during Fantasmic or the fireworks. If there is somebody shorter behind me, I usually ask them if they want to stand in front of me.

Me

Leave a comment:

• Eagleman
    replied

Originally posted by CAspace View Post
    You need to do what the Disneyland "regulars" do.
    Get a large blanket and "Stake" out a front row viewing spot for the Fantasmic show about 8 hours before the show is scheduled.
    So if the show is at 7:30, you should have your blanket out at around 12:30pm.
    Now I would never in a million years do this, I find it repulsive but it seems to be the only way one can get a good view, unless you are willing to shell out $50 dollars a person for "Premiere, seating"

,Iam sick eary camp outer hour's before the show!
    Most of them have seen the show 1001 times,
    And all they do get in the way! ! ! very rude!
    No camp out ,to one hour before the show!
    the same goes with fireworks show and parade's.....
    They can take ther rear end somewere eles!
    This my OPINON!

Leave a comment:

• DannyLand
    replied

I think they should just send DEP to HKDL

I really can't imagine DL having Fireworks, Fantasmic, DEP all in one theme park. someone please predict the schedule on how it's goin to work.

It must be scary waiting to see WOC, i mean if ppl wait 8hrs for fantasmic(which is an OLD show). How long will people wait to see WOC, maybe since park opening.

Leave a comment:

• Bill
    replied

Well then, what can I say except that you're in for a big surprise?

Leave a comment:

• Uncle Bob
    replied

I think DEP or another night parade will continue to be offered in DCA. I can't imagine WoC being the only nighttime entertainment in DCA after CL opens and I don't think there would be big problems with running both in the same night.

Leave a comment:

• Bill
    replied

How about that there will be multiple WoC shows a night? And DEP + WoC don't mix well. If I were you, I wouldn't expect DEP to remain in DCA once WoC begins.

Leave a comment:

• Uncle Bob
    replied

I think they should try running two or maybe even three WoC and two DEP shows each on busy nights. Hopefully that would help draw and keep enough people in DCA so that DL isn't so bad in the future. They should also try to align the show times such that park hopping is minimized and guests can't really see all the shows in one night. Additional nighttime activity and entertainment in Tommorowland could help spread crowds out a lot as well. Another thing that could help would be some nighttime shows in the Hyperion and maybe changing the shows offered day to night in the HISTA-Magic Eye Theater.

No matter what, the best way to deal with crowds is to keep adding new offerings. Just the new attractions over the next few years will help a lot, each pulling more people off the walkways and away from the older attractions. One of the other things they should do is not close so much down at night. They close down a lot of restaurants, shows and things very early, not to mention TT and most of FL for a while, and there are so many people in the park at night these days that I think they would have enough business to keep more restaurants and stores open later. In a lot of ways they do things that encourage everyone to be watching F! and the fireworks because there really isn't that much happening around other parts of the parks to make them want to do anything else.

Leave a comment:

• Wesley815
    replied

Originally posted by Baloo View Post
    Actually the eastern side of the viewing area always has large sections of prime viewing. The small tiered area next to the coffee ODV and the area right behind the smoking section. Most people/ regulars like to find spots front and center but the view is not bad at all from the Huanted Mansion side.
    Exactly, that's where I always go and see everything fine. There is a 3rd water screen and the "C" light tower but no one walks all the way over there though... instead they prefer to fight and squeeze for seats in the middle. I loved seeing the new dragon and full show front row 30 min before showtime, when others had been there since noon or 1pm. Guess they don't want to do anything else all day. When the guest control CM's are yelling "more viewing in front of Mansion!", they mean it. I promise they aren't lying... they are trying to get you better seats even though you don't believe them.

Same for the fireworks, always get great spots just infront of the 'Kodak' picture store. They even put up a rope for cross traffic in front of you so no one else can stand and block your view. Just line up in the street along the rope, perfect view.

Leave a comment:

• Baloo
    replied

Originally posted by CAspace View Post
    You need to do what the Disneyland "regulars" do.
    Get a large blanket and "Stake" out a front row viewing spot for the Fantasmic show about 8 hours before the show is scheduled.
    So if the show is at 7:30, you should have your blanket out at around 12:30pm.
    Now I would never in a million years do this, I find it repulsive but it seems to be the only way one can get a good view, unless you are willing to shell out $50 dollars a person for "Premiere, seating"
    Actually the eastern side of the viewing area always has large sections of prime viewing. The small tiered area next to the coffee ODV and the area right behind the smoking section. Most people/ regulars like to find spots front and center but the view is not bad at all from the Huanted Mansion side.

Leave a comment:

• NVDLfan
    replied

I'm 5'3", so I feel you! We are not locals, so it would be a huge waste of time for us to stake out a spot hours in advance. I actually like the places where they have the shows though. I remember in the mid-90's I was there with a group and we found a really nice spot for F! and we didn't wait at all. This was in the summer too.

I think it just comes back to the ridiculous crowds now days. Too many people come in the evenings to just see the night time shows. I'm not sure what can be done, as it seems the crowds are here to stay. We can usually find an okay spot for fireworks, and even the Electric parade. But the last few years we've skipped F! because we didn't want to deal with the crowds.

Leave a comment:

• filmfreak11
    replied

DL opened 1955. MK opened 1971. TDL in 1983. YEAH, I'm sure there were modifications to the physical layout of the parks to help with guest control... of course there is also the cultural difference.

Additional fireworks viewing down Main Street, Town Square, Tomorrowland, & Small World. And of course the "best spot in the world" will not be open 2 minutes before showtime.

Leave a comment:

• DuffyGuardian
    replied

Originally posted by oo_nrb View Post
    Part of that, though, is that the visitors to Tokyo DL are very well behaved. Read some trip reports on TDL and TDS, and they all say the same thing - the people in the parks are very courteous and orderly when they are viewing things like parades. It's a natural thing.

Unfortunately there is just no way Anaheim crowds could be that orderly on their own. Everyone wants to get a better spot.
    Very true, Tokyo guest are very considerate of other guest, even when its very crowded. Which you don't find in Anaheim. Its sad, but its the way it is. Also TDR has very very good crowd control. DLR hasn't had the best in the past few years on Main Street, but last week, I ws impressed it had gotten better. Lets hope it stays that way.

Leave a comment:

• Bill
    replied

Originally posted by Goover View Post
    Just curious: What happens when you pay for priority seating but then find out the show is cancelled.

How does that roll through? O_o....

ALSO; what is a showpass?

ON TOPIC:

I personally like to wait for the Disneyland shows. I think it adds to the excitement and it sort of feels good once the show starts, enjoying the reward of a great view after waiting for hour(s).
    It's basically a required FastPass for the main viewing area. If you don't get one, then you basically are limited to going elsewhere around the lagoon.

Leave a comment:

• mainejeff
    replied

The horrible night time crowds at DL are created by Fantasmic and fireworks......I hate them both.

Leave a comment:

• Goover
    replied

Just curious: What happens when you pay for priority seating but then find out the show is cancelled.

How does that roll through? O_o....

ALSO; what is a showpass?

ON TOPIC:

I personally like to wait for the Disneyland shows. I think it adds to the excitement and it sort of feels good once the show starts, enjoying the reward of a great view after waiting for hour(s).

Leave a comment:

• Fantasmanatic
    replied

Yes showpass should be used for Woc. Not confirmed yet but most likely will show up.

Leave a comment:

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
Working...
X